Tudgay (1 Viewer)

Jackoskyblue

Don't know full comment but just on radio

Tudgay urges fans to stop booing the team and start getting behind the them

Fair comment or out of order ?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Perhaps because he has actually scored a goal he feels he can criticise the supporters now he's suddenly a top notch striker. He should keep his mouth shut. From what I saw the other night he is a second rate footballer who got lucky. If he want's to alienate the supporters then just keep talking.

bringbackrattles

Loan players or those who'e been here for a short time don't really understand what we've been through and put up with for years. I boo before games now, get it over with !

ajsccfc

I don't see a great benefit in booing the team while there's a game to be won/lost/consolation goaled, but the onus is also on the team to not give anyone a reason to boo. Asking nicely isn't it.

Hobo

Coventry Rugby have not been at their best in recent weeks but maintained their unbeaten run. The players have said the support they have received home and away has made the difference and pulled them through.

I am a great believer in you pay your money, you are entitled to a certain return, entertainment commitment, effort etc., you are entitled to voice an opinion. With sport it is not always plain sailing you don't always get what you deserve, effort doesn't always reap reward.

But surely as a player Tudgay is also entitled to an opinion. Surely he has the right to make an appeal to fans. As fans I think we have to try and motivate the team during the game and try not to get too frustrated. Surely that is all he is asking.

However at the end of 90 minutes I feel you do have the right to either applaude or boo. Most fans know when they have been well beaten, booing is normally reserved for when players perform below their capabilities, it is underachievement that brings criticism, and rightly so.

bringbackrattles

Coventry Rugby have not been at their best in recent weeks but maintained their unbeaten run. The players have said the support they have received home and away has made the difference and pulled them through.

I am a great believer in you pay your money, you are entitled to a certain return, entertainment commitment, effort etc., you are entitled to voice an opinion. With sport it is not always plain sailing you don't always get what you deserve, effort doesn't always reap reward.

But surely as a player Tudgay is also entitled to an opinion. Surely he has the right to make an appeal to fans. As fans I think we have to try and motivate the team during the game and try not to get too frustrated. Surely that is all he is asking.

However at the end of 90 minutes I feel you do have the right to either applaude or boo. Most fans know when they have been well beaten, booing is normally reserved for when players perform below their capabilities, it is underachievement that brings criticism, and rightly so.
Fair comments but Coventry Rugby are having a great season and are in second spot in the division while we have been bobbing about near the bottom for ages.Let's face the truth if we were in a play off place right now,the crowds would be much higher and the only boos you'd hear would be reserved for SISU etc !

Last edited:

Hobo

Fair comments but Coventry Rugby are having a great season and are in second spot in the division while we have been bobbing about near the bottom for ages.Let's face the truth if we were in a play off place right now,the crowds would be much higher and the only boos you'd hear would be reserved for SISU etc !

Yes, and Coventry City fans are no different to any other fans, when things are going badly they get frustrated. But that can knock onto the team. It can make an already struggling side, more nervous, more hesitant, less confident. Football like a lot of competitive sport is reliant on confidence. It is always hard turning a run of defeats around, hard for managers, hard for players and hard on fans. I think Tudgay is just asking fans to try and be a bit more supportive, probably because he thinks it might help the players. As he is an experienced player I am sure he knows the value and the impact the supporters can make and help to turn things around. Seems a reasonable request to me.

ccfc_Tom

He's right why would you boo your own team during the match? how will that make them play better. Regardless of how bad they're playing you have to get behind them if we dont want to get relegated, shows how clueless a lot of fans are that they think it will help.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Never have booed them and never will.

Having said that, I do seem to spend an increasing proportion of the games with my head in my hands.....

Alan Dugdales Moustache

He's right why would you boo your own team during the match? how will that make them play better. Regardless of how bad they're playing you have to get behind them if we dont want to get relegated, shows how clueless a lot of fans are that they think it will help.

Does anyone boo in order to make them better players ? I don't think so. When should we cheers and chant..... a woeful pass, not challenging for a header ? We cheers and support them when they are fully committed, irrespective of whether or not it looks pretty or is always successful. This is not a chicken and egg scenario. The team rolls up their sleeves and gets stuck in and the supporters will respond .

6 Generations

I was only aware of booing against Scunthorpe when Pressley took off O'Brien and of course at the end of the game, where the ever diminishing paying support witnessed yet another failure to win at The Ricoh.
The boos were more of frustration rather than being aimed at individuals.

As a team we were once again pedestrian for long periods of the game.
Our possession stats probably made for positive reading, but the truth is that majority of of ball retention was in our own half, until such time as we were inevitably closed down and lost the ball, being collectively incapable of creating anything of note until Tudgays 2nd meaningful touch in the whole game.

1966skyblue

Perhaps because he has actually scored a goal he feels he can criticise the supporters now he's suddenly a top notch striker. He should keep his mouth shut. From what I saw the other night he is a second rate footballer who got lucky. If he want's to alienate the supporters then just keep talking.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

scored on Tuesday and many might say that is all he has to do. For the rest of the game contributed absolutely nothing.

skybluetony176

I've never booed the team and never would but I can't held but join the chorus of sighs and frustrated "for fucks sake" when we've yet again lost possession from a wayward pass after a spell of passing side to side and then back over and over again but that's a natural reaction that I can't hold in.

Gazolba

Players should keep their mouths shut and let their performances on the pitch do the talking. They should expect cheers when they do well, and jeers when they don't.

skybluedan

Players should keep their mouths shut and let their performances on the pitch do the talking. They should expect cheers when they do well, and jeers when they don't

Too right needs to man the fuck up, he has been getting paid all season for let's be fair doing shit week in week out how many goals he got now 2? How many great performances with out the goals erm yes exactly marcus and don't worry mate you and the boys keep playing like you do and there won't be anyone there too boo you

ccfc92

Wasn't the move to Sixfields justified to get away from the "boo boys"?

Do teams like Leeds etc ever boo their players when they are giving less effort than sunday league players?

Hobo

Players should keep their mouths shut and let their performances on the pitch do the talking. They should expect cheers when they do well, and jeers when they don't.

Do you not think fans have the power to change a game or a performance? Are fans only reactive then?

Were you at Sheffield Wednesday against Leeds United, when the first 15 minutes we were all over the place and looked like we might get hammered. I think the Sky Blue Army played a big part in the semi final. Sheffield Wednesday officials said they had seen a lot of semi finals, a lot of loyal followings, but nothing like the Sky Blue Army. Let's face it Leeds were known for being very vociferous, but on that occasion were unable to take centre stage....with City just growing in strength and stature the longer the game went on.

Sky Blue Pete

Our players shouldn't have any expectation that our crowd will do anything to pick up their performances at the moment - it's crazy to think with the crap we've had we would do any better than watch in silence
Fair play to the scoreboard lot over the last few months

Grendel

Do you not think fans have the power to change a game or a performance? Are fans only reactive then?

Were you at Sheffield Wednesday against Leeds United, when the first 15 minutes we were all over the place and looked like we might get hammered. I think the Sky Blue Army played a big part in the semi final. Sheffield Wednesday officials said they had seen a lot of semi finals, a lot of loyal followings, but nothing like the Sky Blue Army. Let's face it Leeds were known for being very vociferous, but on that occasion were unable to take centre stage....with City just growing in strength and stature the longer the game went on.

In a league table of home performances in a season since moving to the holbrooks hell hole where does the sixfields season rank?

Grendel

I don't really encourage booing but this current team are making it very difficult for us fans to get behind them.

There will be plenty of cheering soon - if Saint Carl of Stockport scores in the next game the noise will be heard in Binley.

Users who are viewing this thread