Tudgay & Ricketts Next! (1 Viewer)

tom88

Ricketts was poor in the second half og the season and Tudgay I like but not that bothered ih he left

I agree Ricketts was poor in 50% of the games, but so was the whole team. I think if they were signing as a squad player then this is great news. Ricketts can fill in anywhere across the back 4.

Plus we have league cup, FA cup, league and Paint Trophy so will be a long season ahead. I would rather use these 2 players for the competitions etc and rest our main players.

If they were going to be starters then I would be very worried

Brylowes

Waste of wages in my opinion. Ricketts is a liability and Tudgay just will never get a game under Mogga anyway. Bizarre.
Rickets looked very good when our defence was solid, think people forget
the problems we had with injuries, he filled in anywhere and everywhere
for the team and never moaned.
Players like this we should always look to retain IMHO

Orca

I agree Ricketts was poor in 50% of the games, but so was the whole team. I think if they were signing as a squad player then this is great news. Ricketts can fill in anywhere across the back 4.

Plus we have league cup, FA cup, league and Paint Trophy so will be a long season ahead. I would rather use these 2 players for the competitions etc and rest our main players.

If they were going to be starters then I would be very worried
I'd say that was in the games he played at full back. He always looked better at centre half

StevieM

Tudgays goals to pitch time last season was very good,talks well and defends well too.
Ricketts on the other hand is a total liability IMHO, his short comings are well documented on this forum, I certainly would want him even as a defensive coach when his ability both in a motivational and technical capacity is questionable?

Samo

Yup, and we don't know the dressing room and what's good for it like TM does. If he thinks they are a positive influence that's good enough for me.

Liquid Gold

I imagine that the delay is due to them being offered greatly reduced terms, good players to have around as long as they are backup players and mentors to the younger ones

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Didn't Ricketts cover more ground than any other player last year?

I thought fans loved players that gave their all?...

FRY-CCFC

More than happy signing both as squad players. Ricketts just got burnt out towards the end of the season. I reckon Willis starts ahead of him anyway.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Obviously both are a very good influence off the pitch the side us supporters don't see but is paramount to any side.

Will take TMs word on these pair.

steve82

I'd say that was in the games he played at full back. He always looked better at centre half

Ricketts looked very good for the first 10 games only, after this his performances started to drop. Yes, he offered a lot to the team with how versatile he is and like a pro got on with the job but he was awful at centre half. His man would always be yards away from him at set pieces and were costly. Stokes looked far more composed at centre half out the two in a makeshift defence.
That said he's supposed to be a leader in the dressing room and with another predicted young side we need some older heads in the building, so I'm happy with him being a option on the bench and a emergency option

Brylowes

Ricketts looked very good for the first 10 games only, after this his performances started to drop. Yes, he offered a lot to the team with how versatile he is and like a pro got on with the job but he was awful at centre half. His man would always be yards away from him at set pieces and were costly. Stokes looked far more composed at centre half out the two in a makeshift defence.
That said he's supposed to be a leader in the dressing room and with another predicted young side we need some older heads in the building, so I'm happy with him being a option on the bench and a emergency option
That's fair enough and yes rickets looked poor at CB at times , but he was always
happy to switch positions for the good of the team, managers love players like this.
As for Stokes , he was our player of the season IMO , would love us to find a few
more like him.

SkyBlueCRJ

I think the criticisms of Ricketts are completely just because his form plummeted during the second half of the season however I do believe a huge factor of this was Johnson's season ending injury. It seems to me that Ricketts is a defender that will only perform if he has an assured/confident CB next to him. When Johnson was sidelined we relied on Ricketts to do the business for us and it is clear that he is someone that cannot handle pressure. Ironic considering he was our captain but as the season went on it was clear that he was not captain material. Despite all this I am glad that he is set to sign fresh terms because as a squad player I think he is exactly what we need. Time and again when our main players get injured an inexperienced player is forced to set up and relied upon however with Ricketts on the bench it does suggest that our squad this year will have more strength in depth hopefully

Chipfat

Tudgay will add decent depth and even make impacts during the season, Ricketts i hope is being pushed towards coaching and stand duty. I hope we dont see him as a starter we need at least one dominate CB brought in because if Reda is handed a deal relying on Ricketts as back up will be a bad outcome.

Harries and Willis are in for massive season's Willis needs now to step up, Harries to see how he develops and to find his level.

stevefloyd

Cant see a point in signing players that are not 100% committed to pushing for a 1st team starting spot.. tudgay since hes been here is a bit part player and obviously has no ambition

SkyBlue_Bear83

Cant see a point in signing players that are not 100% committed to pushing for a 1st team starting spot.. tudgay since hes been here is a bit part player and obviously has no ambition
Experience is invaluable, the way I see it they are basically dual role player-coaches so are worth there value.

johnwillomagic

Very happy if Tudguy signs - think him and Sordell could be a very interesting front two in this league with young Derby guy as well
who is very inexperienced and will learn lots from Tudguy as will Sordell.

Ricketts I think although dipped in form has been made a bit of a scapegoat - I still think there is life in him yet and will be a useful
addition to the defensive squad. Was genuinely surprised by decsion to release Martin though....

AFCCOVENTRY

I really don't understand the Tudgay signing. Mogga never played him. Why sign him? I know he goes on about an older hear but even so...Mogga clearly doesn't rate him that highly.

ajsccfc

Bit of an assumption there. I'd rather have a Tudgay who knows a squad game and contributes than a Manset who strops about being on the bench and then fucks off.

shy_tall_knight

A bizarre comment but i'll make it all the same. Watched the P'boro game on TV, for our corner there was a lot of pushing between Aaron Martin and their defender, Aaron just struck me that he was really committed to score Ricketts was cool calm amnd collected which could also be translated as not that bothered. I think his defending has been awful with the only agression being back in November when he was sent off v Blades. Not committed enough for me.

Hobo

It is going to be difficult enough signing 4 or 5 key players without replacing the whole squad. They are in the twilight of their careers. Have decent levels of fitness, have bags of experience and are good role models. Plus TM knows what it says on the tin and what is actually inside it.

Samo

Kinda surprised about Tudgay. Would have thought he'd want to go somewhere where he'd get more time after how last season turned out for him.

That said, I'm more pleasantly surprised as think he can offer something on and off the pitch.

I think TM is offering a route into coaching.

trondegilsoltvedt97

Good signing. Not as first choice, but as someone to be around the place and be a role model it's great. Wasn't there talk of him and Ricketts doing some coaching too?

Users who are viewing this thread