Tudgay & JOB (1 Viewer)

ccfc1234

I know all clubs have fans who have what I would call a blind spot when it comes to seeing the abilities of a player OR more crucially how that players attributes would add or detract from a system or style of play.

Reading the thread about Tudgay, he seems to have many fans on here. Last season I went on about McQuiod being an horrendous player, many shot me down, he is now being very average in L2.

The same I think is happening with Tudgay - what has he actually done at CCFC, I hear he is a model pro but thats not enough of a reason given the tight budget we are working to.

Same with JOB to a lesser extent, as he is sometimes ok off the bench and when he stops rushing around he can play a decent pass. Fans and esp Eakin on the radio (clueless man who given the way he has commented on city over the years would not admit a boat is sinking until his feet were got wet!!) cant get enough of him. At Crewe I had a group of JOB fans behind me moaning about him not playing.

TM clearly knows what he is doing and JOBs playing time has sharply curbed under his management, coincidence?

What do you look for in a player?

hill83

Pashun, a good engine, kissing the badge, lots of running and more pashun.

We need Morrell and Doyle back.

shmmeee

JOB gives us an energy up front that we miss when he's not there. None of Arma, Madders, Cole or Murphy really stick a foot in and that gives the back 6 a break.

I like JOB. And Tudgay. However previous hits of mine include liking Eastwood, Best, Stern John, Conor Thomas and Andy Ducros. So make of that what you will.

Hobo

JOB gives us an energy up front that we miss when he's not there. None of Arma, Madders, Cole or Murphy really stick a foot in and that gives the back 6 a break.

I like JOB. And Tudgay. However previous hits of mine include liking Eastwood, Best, Stern John, Conor Thomas and Andy Ducros. So make of that what you will.
I liked you until I saw your like list. You do have a good point about Job though, energy and foot in..we need that in the attacking front third.

stevefloyd

A goalkeeper to keep clean sheets...a defender to defend and score the odd goal or 2 ... a striker to score more than defenders and a midfield player to run around like a headless chicken... he'll do for me matey :)

percy

JOB is a very important player to have in your team/squad. yes he makes mistakes but he is an in your face player with tons of energy and with his style hes bound to make mistakes here and there. no one likes playing against players like him because you get no time and he forces mistakes which lead to transition of possession. one of our best players for me

stevefloyd

But just imaging a player who has tons of energy and doesn't make mistakes... hmmmm ok there aint one but just imagine if there was

Samo

JOB is a very important player to have in your team/squad. yes he makes mistakes but he is an in your face player with tons of energy and with his style hes bound to make mistakes here and there. no one likes playing against players like him because you get no time and he forces mistakes which lead to transition of possession. one of our best players for me

Yup, very glad to have him in the squad and hope he stays.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
JOb would be a great player if he was consistent. So many times he's come off the bench and wowed us, then he's started the next game and disappeared quickly. What frustrates me is he tries to cover too much ground, making his position vacant and us vulnerable.

That said, because of what he has shown he's capable of, I think he's a good player to have around.

ccfc1234

JOb would be a great player if he was consistent. So many times he's come off the bench and wowed us, then he's started the next game and disappeared quickly. What frustrates me is he tries to cover too much ground, making his position vacant and us vulnerable.

That said, because of what he has shown he's capable of, I think he's a good player to have around.

Agree with this, I think he tries too hard at time and this effects his productivity in games.

eastwoodsdustman

JOB has a great energy and runs his arse off. He has no concept of keeping the shape of the team however. Too often he wanders or chases inside only for us to get the ball back and have no right midfielder to pass to.

percy

JOB has a great energy and runs his arse off. He has no concept of keeping the shape of the team however. Too often he wanders or chases inside only for us to get the ball back and have no right midfielder to pass to.

if hes chased and we've won the ball back then he has done his job. we then have to be more inventive in possession and not expect him to chase, press then have to defend then attack all within a couple of minutes. we cant expect champions league performances with league one players

eastwoodsdustman

if hes chased and we've won the ball back then he has done his job. we then have to be more inventive in possession and not expect him to chase, press then have to defend then attack all within a couple of minutes. we cant expect champions league performances with league one players

Too often he's running around like a man possessed chasing down when he should let others do it, especially when the ball's on the opposite side of the pitch. No problem with him pressing the ball but it should be done within the framework of the team. There must be a reason why Mowbray isn't selecting him week in week out.

stupot07

Tudgay & JOB

I think Tudgay's more the fact he's a better option than Fortune, rather than him being actually... good.

Agree with that.

Also the OP's talking tosh about JOB, he's a good player, he is actually technically quite good, he does however wanders out of position too much. Look at the quality of his assists, some cracking through balls, only Murphy has more assists in our squad. Also the point about Mowbray phasing him out, he featured in 22 of our 25 league games, starting 18 of them, which is more starts than any of the midfielders that play in front of fleck and Vincelot. Not sure where this myth is about him not playing, Mowbray has been regularly rotating those midfield 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

ccfc1234

JOB one of our best players. TM rates him as he keeps picking him. Only player worth watching for most of last season.

He was in our dire team last season, thats why we were scrapping. TM does not pick him in the 1st 11 that often I think you will find now.

stevefloyd

It wouldn't bother me if Tudgay went or Fortune for that matter but JOB is still ok to keep around UNLESS we could get someone in of real quality

stupot07

Tudgay & JOB

He was in our dire team last season, thats why we were scrapping. TM does not pick him in the 1st 11 that often I think you will find now.

Mowbrays rotated the attacking midfield 3 regularly. We've played 25 league game.

Job 18 starts 4 sub
Kent 10 start 7 sub
Murphy 16 starts 7 subs
Cole 6 starts 1 sub
Lamieres 13 starts 5 subs
Maddison 6 starts 2 subs

Entire squad most starts

25 - stokes, Vincelot
24 - Ricketts
21 - fleck, Armstrong
18 - JOB, marring
16 - Murphy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

ajsccfc

That second half comeback win over Peterborough was at least 90% down to O'Brien hurtling about making everyone buck their ideas up. I said this at the time and some people were mean to me

mechaishida

Funny isn't it, all Roy Keane did as a player was shout, wave his arms around, get stuck in and pass sideways...but he was 'pure class'.

JOB runs his tits off, gets stuck in, shouts encouragement and weighs in with the odd wonder goal, and suddenly he's a bit of a liability and/or under-appreciated?

He's the best we can get at the moment, as are most of our players, it's up to TM to get them playing for each other 100%.

eastwoodsdustman

I heard a rumour that he might be off soon to join our former manager. He's still pretty pally with him from what I've been told. I'd be surprised but you never know.

stupot07

Job is obviously surplus to requirements....

Grendel

Job is obviously surplus to requirements....

Lol

mechaishida

I heard a rumour that he might be off soon to join our former manager. He's still pretty pally with him from what I've been told. I'd be surprised but you never know.

Must be a sucker for shite tactics and being beaten every week, then. Still, there's possibility in it, if he's still pally with SP.

Users who are viewing this thread