Trust to meet the Football League (1 Viewer)

wingy

I've just got in and haven't had a chance to speak to those that were there. Was teaching all afternoon. I'm sure we'll put something out ASAP. Obviously some things maybe confidential but everything worthwhile mentioning that can be mentioned will be.

Just be quick about It !!:eek:;):):thinking about:

CJ_covblaze

Put it this way. Time isn't of the essence!

cashless

You are missing the point pal. The increased membership of worried and anxious City fans is putting its trust in you to do the right thing - as outlined in your constitution etc. Instead you are racing at breakneck speed to alienate yourself from the owners of the club. This is a dangerous move that may have long term consequences for the credible position of the trust - certainly you will have no "place at the table" whilst Sisu/Otium are in charge...and the reality is, they dont appear to be going anywhere soon.
If I was Tim Fisher I would tell you to do one - a bit more intelligent tactics and dignity would have had him crawling back to curry favour with you/us.

bigfatronssba

You are missing the point pal. The increased membership of worried and anxious City fans is putting its trust in you to do the right thing - as outlined in your constitution etc. Instead you are racing at breakneck speed to alienate yourself from the owners of the club. This is a dangerous move that may have long term consequences for the credible position of the trust - certainly you will have no "place at the table" whilst Sisu/Otium are in charge...and the reality is, they dont appear to be going anywhere soon.
If I was Tim Fisher I would tell you to do one - a bit more intelligent tactics and dignity would have had him crawling back to curry favour with you/us.

Coventry city is heading for its lowest league crowds ever in its history next season. If that doesn't bother Fisher, why would he listen to the trust anyway?

cashless

would have happened anyway in League 1 - actually lost more supporters last season but that is conveniently forgotten.

bigfatronssba

would have happened anyway in League 1 - actually lost more supporters last season but that is conveniently forgotten.

I think we're going to lose more than 4k this year.

CJ_covblaze

We're in a position where we can't please everyone unfortunately no matter what we do. It comes with the territory.

Some of our messages have been misinterpreted such as the NOPM campaign. It was assumed it was still a 'SISU out' movement which is kind of understandable due to it's stance before we were involved but we did clearly state it now had a 'keep Coventry in Coventry' message in the PR announcing we were involved with it.

This is just one example and there are others. We're not perfect but I can guarantee you we all care about this club as much as anyone and just want the same as anyone. A stable and successful club & positive future for the club and local community.

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

There maybe reasons as to why they cannot disclose everything straight away as any manager will know things that are said in confidence or not toibe revealed until the time is right.

You do not see SISU ever showing their cards we need to do the same as we know they read these forums this puts them at an advantage.

By the way I have no idea what went on ether and like the rest of you I am eager to find out but if it means keeping some things back till required then I am up for it:blue::blue:.

letsallsingtogether

What utter shit when has anyone had a seat at their table they got rid of anyone who was a Coventry Fan what makes you think they will change their spots....

cashless

We're in a position where we can't please everyone unfortunately no matter what we do. It comes with the territory.

Some of our messages have been misinterpreted such as the NOPM campaign. It was assumed it was still a 'SISU out' movement which is kind of understandable due to it's stance before we were involved but we did clearly state it now had a 'keep Coventry in Coventry' message in the PR announcing we were involved with it.

This is just one example and there are others. We're not perfect but I can guarantee you we all care about this club as much as anyone and just want the same as anyone. A stable and successful club & positive future for the club and local community.

Thanks for the honest reply CJ - no one doubts your sincerity or passion. However, the statue protest is immature beyond belief - a funny pub idea but as you say yourself you have a sizeable membership now - posters on this board may snigger at your japes but 30 people standing round a statue sends the prospect of fan representation back about 5 years.

TheOldFive

Fair Play To You CJ that's well said, in the words of Dirty Harry "it takes a big man to know his limitations." You're right of course, you can't win. When The Trust takes a mature, conciliatory stance and seeks to open dialogue with the owners it gets wound up by accusations of being Soft on Sisu or collaborating with the Enemy. Side with the Unconditionally Anyone But Sisu Mentality with a dash of Panto on the side and it all becomes a bit ramshackle. It's a hard balance.

But, that's the path you've chosen, with great power comes great responsibility etc. I expect Nobel Prize winning levels of diplomacy and organisation from you for my Quid. It'll all be worth it in the end when everything turns out for the best and you guys are firmly ensconced on the CCFC board representing fans and providing enlightened leadership. Be patient my friend, one day it will happen I'm sure.

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

TheOldFive

No but as I said we did state the message/aims of the campaign in the PR.

CJ, when, not if we are back at The Ricoh next season once all this posturing rent negotiation stuff is sorted out, does that mean that The Trust will fold up their support/endorsement of NOPM? I'm sure many will want it to continue pursuing its original aim of Sisu etc Out. Isn't The Trust going to be a bit stuck on the hook when this plays out or is there plans to fully escalate The Trust into the Sisu Out direction?

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

Thanks for the honest reply CJ - no one doubts your sincerity or passion. However, the statue protest is immature beyond belief - a funny pub idea but as you say yourself you have a sizeable membership now - posters on this board may snigger at your japes but 30 people standing round a statue sends the prospect of fan representation back about 5 years.

I appreciate the feedback. The statue idea is something that creates attention through humour. Getting this attention through the media is vital atm. No matter how the stunt looks now if this attention helps get the message across in the long run it will be worth it.

TheOldFive

I know it's easy after the event, and I don't want to come across as critical for the sake of it, but it really would have been easier to start a new campaign than appropriate one with existing messages and aims contrary to that desired.

I Totally agree. Or, as the Trust, don't seek to "appropriate" campaigns, but bring light to them, point the media contacts to them, maintain the 'professional' independence whilst tacitly approving of any fan protest, ie hunger strikes, statue unveilings, coffins, office pickets etc. The Trust doesn't have to try and put its stamp on all of these things, just bring them to light, and yes, perhaps promote/support but with the plausible deniability of standing aside them. No need to have all protest "Trust Branded", it's a potentially limiting flaw in the approach. Great that you've represented us with the Football League, I hope that's gone well, none of the daft stunts helped get you there though. Honestly meaning to be helpful in my feedback here.

NorthernWisdom

Or, as the Trust, don't seek to "appropriate" campaigns, but bring light to them, point the media contacts to them, maintain the 'professional' independence whilst tacitly approving of any fan protest.

Yep, a 'look what these fans are doing' approach is certainly handier for keeping up the impression of independence.

Oh and yes, meeting the football league, asking questions does indeed deserve a well done. That's exactly what I want from my trust, even if no answers come out of it beyond the obvious.

CJ_covblaze

CJ, when, not if we are back at The Ricoh next season once all this posturing rent negotiation stuff is sorted out, does that mean that The Trust will fold up their support/endorsement of NOPM? I'm sure many will want it to continue pursuing its original aim of Sisu etc Out. Isn't The Trust going to be a bit stuck on the hook when this plays out or is there plans to fully escalate The Trust into the Sisu Out direction in full?

I'll be honest. This is something I said at our board meeting when NOPM was discussed. In that situation our membership would be polled and we'd take it from there. Do you think we will be at the Ricoh? Again more honesty! At that meeting I was the only one there that thought we wouldn't!

TheOldFive

I'll be honest. This is something I said at our board meeting when NOPM was discussed. In that situation our membership would be polled and we'd take it from there. Do you think we will be at the Ricoh? Again more honesty! At that meeting I was the only one there that thought we wouldn't!

Yep, I don't have any special knowledge (who does?) but given the pattern of brinkmanship, other available options and the balance of probabilities I reckon we will. Also, Tim Fisher said we definitely won't, and he also said "This is not a game of Blink". So, we will, and it is. Obvious really.

CJ_covblaze

Quick statement -
Today, (Thursday 27th June 2013) 2 members of the trust board met with representatives from The Football League alongside a representative from Supporters Direct. We are currently in the process of writing up an account of the meeting and will publish this in due course in agreement with all parties.

CJ_covblaze

Yep, I don't have any special knowledge (who does?) but given the pattern of brinkmanship, other available options and the balance of probabilities I reckon we will. Also, Tim Fisher said we definitely won't, and he also said "This is not a game of Blink". So, we will, and it is. Obvious really.

The options are running out. Will be an interesting battle of wills. I can guarantee both sides have something up their sleeves.

psgm1

Banned
"Getting this attention through the media is vital atm. No matter how the stunt looks"

In other words.

The clique sole purpose is not to save the club (if ever it was) but to garner publicity.

How many times have I said they all about publicity rather than positive action?

They are all smoke - no fire!

Just to disgrace themselves even further they release yet another statement for its own sake! Was it really necessary to put out a statement saying they will put out a statement?

The utter incompetence of these people is staggering!

Just look at all the bravado yesterday, you would have thought if you believed their trolls that it was going to be the second coming!

All it was at the end of the day, was an futile exercise. A self engrandisement aimed at implying they are the voicve of the fans, which they most definitely are not!

Why
do they keep referring to sisu or otiium or whatever as "the club". They couldn't undermine their own cause better if they tried! At the very least refer to them as the current owners not repeat not the club - as ultimately that "honour" belongs to the fans!

I wonder which 2 clique members went? Would it be Steve B, who Kevin Rye (the supporters Direct guy) referred to his antics on this very forum and stated

"I don't consider it to be appropriate for Steve to respond to you in that way". So even supporters direct think agree with me that this guy is besmirching the name of the very cause he is a board member of!

So Supporters direct aren't at all happy with his conduct, perhaps this was why John Fletcher Chair of the board denied him! Seems if you join the trust you need to wear stab proof vests on your back!

So well done for wasting more of the fighting fund on a publicity stunt that if no useful info comes out of the meeting, then it will be yet further humiliation (remember I have had several conversations via e-mail with FA/FL personnel - so it isn't that difficult to get into a conversation with these guys (at least it wasn't until they started bombarding them with letters shawshank style!)

I wonder if they will ever announce what they will do with that fighting fund that was set apparently to fund their purchase of part of the club!

Of course if they come out and say they have resolved all the problems in one meeting I will happily buy a hat and tip it to them. Somehow I suspect it will once again be a farce. Here's hoping I am wrong for once!

Roll on the nowhere person's usual jibberish

rant rant rant sky blue trust good you bad rant rant rant don't know what u talk bout jibber jibber I left trust because of you rant rant. At least they try rave rave. me not angry rage rage. Brilliant poster troll for the clique!

"

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

"Getting this attention through the media is vital atm. No matter how the stunt looks"

In other words.

The clique sole purpose is not to save the club (if ever it was) but to garner publicity.

How many times have I said they all about publicity rather than positive action?

They are all smoke - no fire!

Just to disgrace themselves even further they release yet another statement for its own sake! Was it really necessary to put out a statement saying they will put out a statement?

The utter incompetence of these people is staggering!

Just look at all the bravado yesterday, you would have thought if you believed their trolls that it was going to be the second coming!

All it was at the end of the day, was an futile exercise. A self engrandisement aimed at implying they are the voicve of the fans, which they most definitely are not!

Why
do they keep referring to sisu or otiium or whatever as "the club". They couldn't undermine their own cause better if they tried! At the very least refer to them as the current owners not repeat not the club - as ultimately that "honour" belongs to the fans!

I wonder which 2 clique members went? Would it be Steve B, who Kevin Rye (the supporters Direct guy) referred to his antics on this very forum and stated

"I don't consider it to be appropriate for Steve to respond to you in that way". So even supporters direct think agree with me that this guy is besmirching the name of the very cause he is a board member of!

So Supporters direct aren't at all happy with his conduct, perhaps this was why John Fletcher Chair of the board denied him! Seems if you join the trust you need to wear stab proof vests on your back!

So well done for wasting more of the fighting fund on a publicity stunt that if no useful info comes out of the meeting, then it will be yet further humiliation (remember I have had several conversations via e-mail with FA/FL personnel - so it isn't that difficult to get into a conversation with these guys (at least it wasn't until they started bombarding them with letters shawshank style!)

I wonder if they will ever announce what they will do with that fighting fund that was set apparently to fund their purchase of part of the club!

Of course if they come out and say they have resolved all the problems in one meeting I will happily buy a hat and tip it to them. Somehow I suspect it will once again be a farce. Here's hoping I am wrong for once!

Roll on the nowhere person's usual jibberish

rant rant rant sky blue trust good you bad rant rant rant don't know what u talk bout jibber jibber I left trust because of you rant rant. At least they try rave rave. me not angry rage rage. Brilliant poster troll for the clique!

"
Im putting your post so you casn read it. So are you going to take me up on my offer or not come on I'll even buy you a drink as well as pick you up and drop you off.

Users who are viewing this thread