Trust Question (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I know that there are some legal / financial people working with the Trust, has any research been done on Haskell for example to see if he would be a better option than SISU?

I know people aren't mind readers so can't see what he has in his head with the club BUT should there be some research into the other options on the table at the minute before trying to force SISU out?

ps. The meeting at the Hilton at 9.30, surely a large % of people will be at work?

Steve.B50

I know that there are some legal / financial people working with the Trust, has any research been done on Haskell for example to see if he would be a better option than SISU?

I know people aren't mind readers so can't see what he has in his head with the club BUT should there be some research into the other options on the table at the minute before trying to force SISU out?

ps. The meeting at the Hilton at 9.30, surely a large % of people will be at work?

We have done some work on checking him out but what we have Found does not matter as any decision is out of our hands.
With regards to the meeting tomorrow, we never set it, this has to be advertised and all creditors are invited.
They would not organise it at time to suit us, will only be a handful I imagine anyway, but that's Coventry for you.

lordsummerisle

We have done some work on checking him out but what we have Found does not matter as any decision is out of our hands.
With regards to the meeting tomorrow, we never set it, this has to be advertised and all creditors are invited.
They would not organise it at time to suit us, will only be a handful I imagine anyway, but that's Coventry for you.

Any decision is out of your hands so you'll sit on any information that may be available to you, or are you the only people intelligent enough to process this information?

Animal Farm springs to mind.

theferret

Any decision is out of your hands so you'll sit on any information that may be available to you, or are you the only people intelligent enough to process this information?

“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Colin1883

“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

But some are more equal than others!!!

*smiley face*

Waldorf

Or maybe they don't actually have the information you think they have?

shy_tall_knight

I have stated this on an earlier post. worked for a company that was taken over by a hedge, the were ruthless but they were determined with a strategy and they succeeded in making a profit when selling the company 2 years later. Their main war cry was that they would get us into the premiership and then look to sell us on. Invested funds to begin with paid some old debts etc.. looked true to their wood. Won't blame anybody who believed in them initially.

theferret

Or maybe they don't actually have the information you think they have?

Perhaps, but then the line...

"We have done some work on checking him out but what we have Found does not matter as any decision is out of our hands."

..suggests they found something, so why not share it with us, what harm can it do?

lordsummerisle

Perhaps, but then the line...

"We have done some work on checking him out but what we have Found does not matter as any decision is out of our hands."

..suggests they found something, so why not share it with us, what harm can it do?

Of course.

Do wish sometimes that people would actually read posts, I wasn't just making it up out of some paranoid fear that people were deliberately hiding something.

There are plenty of other people on here for that.

chiefdave

Surely if you have information you should release it and let people make up their own minds? To say it "does not matter as any decision is out of our hands" is slightly bizarre, what's the point of the protest tomorrow or indeed the trust getting involved in anything to do with the club at the moment?

Nonleagueherewecome

Cyril says he's alright. Job done.

PS force SISU out has to come first otherwise there won't be anybody able to come in ("the club is not for sale"). Fortunately, those wheels are well in motion now; Timmy can reach for the hand-break all he likes, Joy hasn't had the brakes serviced anyway to save money ;)

Steve.B50

I was just giving a reply to a question by Nick
Just to confirm, we have checked him out but anyone can do that, nothing important to report.
Anyway, it does not matter what we think.

letsallsingtogether

Yes just google his name and you will get the same information nothing dark I'm afraid
I was just giving a reply to a question by Nick
Just to confirm, we have checked him out but anyone can do that, nothing important to report.
Anyway, it does not matter what we think.

VegetableSamosa

The Council's financial control team will have probably done a more thorough background check on him too, using the might of the country's bureaucracy. So, if ACL make any public statement about working with him or accepting the 50% of the ground he wanted, then that would be some sort of indication on whether or not he's a better choice.

lordsummerisle

The Council's financial control team will have probably done a more thorough background check on him too, using the might of the country's bureaucracy. So, if ACL make any public statement about working with him or accepting the 50% of the ground he wanted, then that would be some sort of indication on whether or not he's a better choice.

Their positive vetting worked a treat with Sisu last time.

VegetableSamosa

Their positive vetting worked a treat with Sisu last time.

There's a difference between a background check and predicting their future policies. In the first few years, SISU were decent and cleared a lot of our debts. It's just the past few season they've gone crazy. Besides, they were trying to buy half of a council owned business ;)

italiahorse

He wants the Ricoh. He's better full stop.

lordsummerisle

There's a difference between a background check and predicting their future policies. In the first few years, SISU were decent and cleared a lot of our debts. It's just the past few season they've gone crazy. Besides, they were trying to buy half of a council owned business ;)

Don't think that they actually cleared any debts at all really though, just converted it into "loans".

lordsummerisle

Why would he do that ? He would own the club as well :facepalm:

Charging us more rent would be a pretty standard practice, what the Walsall owner does.

Suppose the rent level would fluctaute with whichever needs to show more of a loss for "tax reasons".

All funny money though in the end.

Mucca Mad Boys

Why would he do that ? He would own the club as well :facepalm:

It was a joke because the conspiracy theorists on here suggest that would happen if SISU gained control of the RICOH. - slightly hypocritical those same theorists do not, however, rouse the same suspicions about PH4 - I personally think it's nonsense to suggest either party would do such a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread