Troubles at Bolton (1 Viewer)

oucho

Game called off tomorrow as players refusing to play, due to non-payment of wages. Can't remember a situation like that arising before in all my years watching the game.

Hope their club gets through this but it doesn't look good. Hope that all those Bees fans who've bought expensive train tickets are refunded somehow.

Say what you want about Sisu (I am their biggest critic) but at least all CCFC staff have always been paid in full and on time during their tenure here.

Westendlad

Game called off tomorrow as players refusing to play, due to non-payment of wages. Can't remember a situation like that arising before in all my years watching the game.

Hope their club gets through this but it doesn't look good. Hope that all those Bees fans who've bought expensive train tickets are refunded somehow.

Say what you want about Sisu (I am their biggest critic) but at least all CCFC staff have always been paid in full and on time during their tenure here.
Oh ok.......Thought the ex Watford boss was taking over ?

oucho

Oh ok.......Thought the ex Watford boss was taking over ?

I do not know if his takrover has gone through as yet, as it is apparently still awaiting EFL ratification. He is a dodgy character, from memory. Either way, March's wages weren't paid, hence the walkout.

Westendlad

I do not know if his takrover has gone through as yet, as it is apparently still awaiting EFL ratification. He is a dodgy character, from memory. Either way, March's wages weren't paid, hence the walkout.
Heard him on the radio about a month ago. Admitted that he was made bankrupt twice but wasn't his fault ? ! Some chap from the EFL was also on saying they can only do so much to check out a party interested in buying a club. Totally wrong and the rules need changing asap.

Paul Anthony

So what happens then? As far as I know there isn't any precedent for this kind of thing, so do Brentford just get a bye and three points allocated, or will they play it on another date? Doesn't sound like the guy taking over is much better if he's been declared bankrupt twice! Another complete mess for a football league club, and doesn't sound like it's going to get much better either.

Westendlad

So what happens then? As far as I know there isn't any precedent for this kind of thing, so do Brentford just get a bye and three points allocated, or will they play it on another date? Doesn't sound like the guy taking over is much better if he's been declared bankrupt twice! Another complete mess for a football league club, and doesn't sound like it's going to get much better either.
He'll probably take over and in 3 yrs it will go tits up and the the EFL will say that they did they're checks so don't blame us...

Paul Anthony

He'll probably take over and in 3 yrs it will go tits up and the the EFL will say that they did they're checks so don't blame us...

That's what gets me. If he's been declared bankrupt twice, how on earth can he pass a fit and proper persons test? If the criteria allows someone like that through then questions really need to be asked somewhere. I know it hasn't actually been officially ratified yet, but surely someone has to have a dose of common sense somewhere along the line!

Westendlad

If i remember correctly the EFL chap said that if they're are no outstanding legal matters outstanding then you're good to go..........Crazy.

Sky Blue Pete

I agree about Sisu.

I remember the days when ccfc certainly struggled to pay bills and that’s not happened once with these owners. It’s tragic Bolton are in this position

Was hearing some of the higher paid players were supporting the youngsters with lifts and lending them money for bills

BodicoteSkyBlue

Made bankrupt twice & also served a 3yr ban from all footballing activities, surely alarm bells would be ringing at the EFL???!

clint van damme

The EFL are absolutely fucking useless.
This case is shocking, probably worse than ours to be honest.

oucho

Some chap from the EFL was also on saying they can only do so much to check out a party interested in buying a club.

I think if the Football League are faced with a choice of ratifying a dodgy character or likely seeing a club fold for lack of an investor, they'll always choose the former.

Covstu

I seem to think this happened in Scotland with Hamilton (not sure if it was exactly the same) but they were docked something like 30 points.
It’s a disgrace how it can get to this point and as others have said at least our owners have always paid salaries (just not rent!). They are obviously league one now but will likely drop to league two if they get that sort of deduction but equally their existence is under threat. There must be a better solution than this other guy, he seems way dodgy

speedie87

There was interview on sky with him white and the bloke trying to buy Bolton

The bloke was a right state could hardly string a sentence together and was talking complete crap

oucho

There was interview on sky with him white and the bloke trying to buy Bolton

The bloke was a right state could hardly string a sentence together and was talking complete crap

His name wasn't Dale Evans by any chance?

OffenhamSkyBlue

Mark Chapman on 5Live was incensed that the EFL had asked Bolton's management to consider forcing their academy boys to play this match! Absolute fucking shower, who are not fit for purpose to run the game!

skybluesam66

Mark Chapman on 5Live was incensed that the EFL had asked Bolton's management to consider forcing their academy boys to play this match! Absolute fucking shower, who are not fit for purpose to run the game!
thing is if they dont fulfil their fixtures it changes the table, I think If i remember Derby greatly benefit from this

Captain Dart

D5I0rmtWsAAc_qp.jpg:large

Users who are viewing this thread