Trouble (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBazza

40 lads No trouble...... Police hooligans
Lol...no trouble because of the police nipping things in the bud perhaps? Questions aplenty - non of which I know the answer to, but its always so darned easy to point the finger policeward: why did they descend on the Merlin? Was their behaviour the precursor to police being called? Were they just noisy chaps having a laugh? Or were they trying to stir things up a bit? Were the police "hooligans"? Or did they just say that the landlord had had enough & wanted them to leave so they were politely asked to by the police?

...onwards & upwards PUSB

oscillatewildly

I've been to the county ground twice (years ago, Prem fixture and FA cup) but never used the 'Merlin'. Is that boozer a 'designated' away fans venue or did the unstoppable marauding sky blue horde 'take it'? Seems like a police over reaction on an otherwise quiet day. Dogs needed exercising maybe?

I was in the merlin from 12:30 ish, a full English, a few jars and one notable chorus of the sky blue song - no trouble inside and it was pretty mixed in there home and away, young and old.

Astute

It was too cold and wet for anything to happen. Many left at half time to go to the pub.

LB87ccfc

No trouble from what I saw. As I was heading into the ground about 2.30 I did see cops running (well OK, walking fast :D) to get back into their van, but seems to have been after this event so not sure what that was about

Local youths from the council estate trying to cause some bother with passers by enroute to the ground..

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Definitely a few more people there who you don't usually see unless it's a local derby, don't want to sound like Danny Dyer but there's been trouble between Cov and Swindon last few years. So maybe they were just trying to settle and old score.

matesx

I was drinking in Merlin and both station pubs.
Didnt see any bother at all.
Police were everywhere and itching to nick a few.

No arrests all day i hear so thats good.

Hobo

I've been told from an extremely reliable source that we finally settled an old score

Yeah a handful probably put their thumbs on their noses wiggled their fingers and went "Nah Nah Ne Nah Nah"

BlueElephant

To be honest guys that sort of pathetic behaviour does not require a mention of any sort

Don't suppose you're familiar with what a group of Swindon fans did to one of our fans minding his own business with his girlfriend a few years back. I don't condone it myself but incidents like that don't get swept under the carpet.

thuglife

Don't suppose you're familiar with what a group of Swindon fans did to one of our fans minding his own business with his girlfriend a few years back. I don't condone it myself but incidents like that don't get swept under the carpet.

Let's just say the youth did us proud!!!

Astute

So someone innocent got attacked last season so we should attack others that had nothing to do with it?

I wish I could put anyone who enjoys this sort of thing back to the early 80's when I started going to games. The vast majority would either keep a low profile or be the mouthy runners that caused the trouble then disappeared.

It isn't big, funny or clever. It all died out for a reason. And now you have CCTV that will put you in prison. If you want to beat the crap out of someone you should take up something where the other person wants to do the same to you. Best of all it is legal. And if you are very good at it you can make a lot of money.

skybluetony176

So if a group of Swindon fans jumped in a fire are we to assume that this bunch would too?

I don't know who they're trying to impress but this sort of behavior is the actions of a bunch of numb nutted morons.

Sick Boy

Funny that they are able to find their way to a little town yet seem to get lost most of the time.

If you want to have a fight then take up boxing like i did. Nowhere to hide behind your mates then!

SkyblueBazza

Funny that they are able to find their way to a little town yet seem to get lost most of the time.

If you want to have a fight then take up boxing like i did. Nowhere to hide behind your mates then!
Army, Navy, Air Force....join-up there're plenty of places in the world where you will be allowed to demonstrate your own mettle in much more testing & suitable conditions than with innocents in a pub trying to enjoy a pre-match pint

...onwards & upwards PUSB

fernandopartridge

Because boxing is an unregulated sport where you're likely to get hit by a flying glass, outnumbered by your opponents, be matched against somebody a lot bigger than you etc etc.

Astute

Because boxing is an unregulated sport where you're likely to get hit by a flying glass, outnumbered by your opponents, be matched against somebody a lot bigger than you etc etc.

At last. I have found out why I love boxing :p

Users who are viewing this thread