Trouble on Saturday? (1 Viewer)

Frankly_Mr_Shankly

The club have made a statement condemning fans behaviour on Saturday?
Anyone see or hear what happened?

Last edited:

Evo1883

Can't see anything on social media , my old man says it was a good day besides 1 boro fan trying to get to the away fans

SBT

It's an EFL statement that I assume they have asked all clubs to publish

Macca1987

I read yesterday that there was a bit of a spat at the Stoke game Friday night, might just be the EFL trying a bit of a catch all statement across the leagues

chiefdave

On the news over the weekend they said the PL were speaking with the relevant authorities about what can be done regarding the increase in anti social behaviour and crowd trouble. The blame was laid squarely on cocaine use.

eastwoodsdustman

I would hope that the efl statement refers to their fans being pricks in the ground and not us. I didnt see anything on Saturday in the ground from our fans that would warrant the efl getting involved. Maybe they can review the ref and linesman’s performance while they’re at it too.

Sky Blue Harry H

Also think the EFL might be referencing the 'Akinfenwa - sex offender' stuff that got the Wycombe/MK Dons game held up.

rob9872

We had no bell-ends in our side on Saturday, although we do still often have our fair share. I've never had an issue with football violence tbh and in all my years of home and away, rarely got caught up in it either. You can often smell it coming and generally avoid it if you choose to or at least that was always true in the past.

The problem with the current generation of idiots (on both sides), seems to be that everyone is fair game. If they want to fight others who are up for it then I'm more than happy to let them get on with it, but some of the chavvy little cunts are now happy to engage with, young, old, women and those of us who are clearly there for no other reason than to have a beer and support our team.

Frankly_Mr_Shankly

On the news over the weekend they said the PL were speaking with the relevant authorities about what can be done regarding the increase in anti social behaviour and crowd trouble. The blame was laid squarely on cocaine use.
They would be correct, that drug turns people into arseholes who feel they can take the world on, seen it coming a mile off.

slowpoke

That twat getting beyond the netting and very publically goading the opposition fans should have been grabbed by the cops and nicked which would likely have led to a ban the next one with similar ideas would think again.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Also think the EFL might be referencing the 'Akinfenwa - sex offender' stuff that got the Wycombe/MK Dons game held up.

I think it’s an EFL wide release rather than aimed at our great support in particular. On the radio today it mentioned West Brom fans launching flares and chairs in their game versus Millwall on Saturday and Birmingham and Derby fans trading seats on Sunday.

Hutch11

I think it’s an EFL wide release rather than aimed at our great support in particular. On the radio today it mentioned West Brom fans launching flares and chairs in their game versus Millwall on Saturday and Birmingham and Derby fans trading seats on Sunday.
The Blue nose scum were singing about hoping Derby County dies , now I've no love for Derby but their fans on the whole are just like ours and any other football fans , I feel for the genuine ones as genuine ones did for us

stay_up_skyblues

The Blue nose scum were singing about hoping Derby County dies , now I've no love for Derby but their fans on the whole are just like ours and any other football fans , I feel for the genuine ones as genuine ones did for us

Classy, mindful they’re almost starting down the abyss too.

theferret

Just file this one under shit banter. I doubt Derby fans will lose any sleep over it, and I imagine it made their late equaliser all the sweeter.

Bit like Sheff United at our place, we all got wound up for 10 minutes, but it didn't really mean anything. Very much a case of yeah, whatever.

theferret

Banter is an excuse for all sorts of behaviour

No, not really. It can be used to excuse a lame tongue-in-cheek chant like this, but there is plenty where it is not a valid excuse. There is no equivalence between this and some of the behaviour we've witnessed recently.

letsallsingtogether

It was on talk sport WBA fans threw seats and bottles on the pitch as a protest against their Manager.
Just think how this site would have exploded if City fans had of done it saying only our wankers would do that.

SheafIsGod

I think our away ends in the League One & Two seasons were a lot worse for dickhead behaviour than they have been this season. Seems a lot more families/shirters in the away ends now.

CV22SBA

I think our away ends in the League One & Two seasons were a lot worse for dickhead behaviour than they have been this season. Seems a lot more families/shirters in the away ends now.
Depends who we play.
Sheff Utd was full of dickheads. Boro was more families. Wait until Derby!

stevefloyd

Its the same as the sectarian stuff people just want to hate opposers of what they believe in...never understood it and its fucking pathetic to hate someone for their beliefs...its a fucking game support your team have a bit of banter and a laugh and drink at the end of it...cunts

pusbccfc

Saturday was the most family friendly away end I've seen at Coventry in at least 10 years.

There was trouble. Two Coventry fans were attacked for no reason. A thread on the Boro forum about it.

baldy

Meh - they’re only on about the football club though - nothing to get wound up at

Users who are viewing this thread