Trouble in Nth Stand Blocks 29/30 - last 10 mins (1 Viewer)

westofrayne

Not sure what hell was going on arguements/threats, stewards standing round not really sorting the situation out/not wanting to imflame the situation. What was it all about?? Come on guys we should be supporting the team not fighting each other.

Otis

Where is 29/30?

Someone did bring out a Sisu Out flag at one point. Was it to do with that?

westofrayne

Block 29/30 directly behind goal in front of Nth stand, yes near the banner but not sure if this was the issue.

skybluepm2

I sit at the back of the Telegraph (North stand now) so we had a good view of it but was too far away to actually hear what was said. Not sure how it started but the guys with the SISU Out flag became involved, although I don't think they were initially. Fat guy with the beard who thinks he's some sort of hard geezer - bowls around with a pint in his hand before each game in the concourse - stuck his oar in (and belly in) unnecessarily.

A mate of mine did apparently hear a comment made to a woman involved that she should 'fuck off round the corner to Tescos love' which aggravated the boyfriend

Stewards didn't look up to much. Gone are the days of those pricks in the orange coats. What were they called? 'Response Team'?

torchomatic

We're in 28. I saw the banner come out and just presumed the trouble at the end was just to that. A few started to sing "SISU OUT" but gave up as no one else was joining in.

Nick

Administrator
I sit at the back of the Telegraph (North stand now) so we had a good view of it but was too far away to actually hear what was said. Not sure how it started but the guys with the SISU Out flag became involved, although I don't think they were initially. Fat guy with the beard who thinks he's some sort of hard geezer - bowls around with a pint in his hand before each game in the concourse - stuck his oar in (and belly in) unnecessarily.

A mate of mine did apparently hear a comment made to a woman involved that she should 'fuck off round the corner to Tescos love' which aggravated the boyfriend 

Stewards didn't look up to much. Gone are the days of those pricks in the orange coats. What were they called? 'Response Team'?

I remember when they first brought the flag out and some gobby prick sat just behind the steps (the bit with the bar) was giving it loads to a woman steward pretty much saying "if you touch that fucking flag.." type stuff.

johnb

Sign of the divisive sisu times ?
im about 15 seats along from the incident block 29.
the way I see it. Old bloke 70s in sky blue bobble hat Seems to have made a comment that another group of about 8 city fans sat adjacent took exception to. Two of the 8 shouted back their disdain to said comment but rather than leave it at that they wouldn't let it rest. They kept on and on berating and gesturing to the old guy. When enough became enough a few city fans stood up to the 2 basically saying have a go at me not some old bloke. From there on handbags.

skybluepm2

I remember when they first brought the flag out and some gobby prick sat just behind the steps (the bit with the bar) was giving it loads to a woman steward pretty much saying "if you touch that fucking flag.." type stuff.

Was that today? theyre a bunch of cretins to be fair, especially the fat beardy one. How dare anyone disagree with their view!

steveecov

A mate of mine did apparently hear a comment made to a woman involved that she should 'fuck off round the corner to Tescos love' which aggravated the boyfriend 

Need them ON the pitch.

Nick

Administrator
Was that today? theyre a bunch of cretins to be fair, especially the fat beardy one. How dare anyone disagree with their view!

Sorry no, this was a few weeks ago when they first took the flag. It wasnt the guy with the flag, it was a bloke near him.

stupot07

I'm in block 20, saw the sisu out pirate flag, but didn't see any trouble.

I did see the steward falling down the stairs after port vale equalised. It must have hurt on those concrete steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I must have nodded off as I didn't see no trouble? Might have kept me entertained as what was going on on the pitch certainly didn't?

Did see police heading towards block 15 but not sure what that was about! Just thought it was standard practice to sort the teenager wannabe hooligans out! ;)

stupot07

There was a sky blue flare in block 20 in the second half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

westofrayne

A mate of mine did apparently hear a comment made to a woman involved that she should 'fuck off round the corner to Tescos love' which aggravated the boyfriend

I sit in B30 so could see some of it and hear it.

It seems to have started just before a group took offence to a comment from an older gent, seemed to be well OTT reaction, the comment to the lady to head to Tesco is out of order along with the abuse of the elderly gent. Thing started to cool down then the guy with the bobble hat waded in for no reason that I could see and started over. There was people just in front of disable section that came over to help the Elderly gent and I over heard one guy screaming "you know who he is dont you" a number of times. I must say the response team look as clueless as the sambles on the pitch, in both cases alot of training is required.

I'm not sure who the elderly gent is, but the group who started the incident seemed to know and thought other people should.

Its sad that the shite that is being served up on the pitch is turning fans on each other. Its about time we all stand together supporting the team

westofrayne

Not my dad, but he was sitting next to me and was discussed with what happened. Yes you are right could of lost a few supporters after this today and I though we all supported the same team

westofrayne

Old geezer and bobble hat are 2 different people. Old geezer being abused, bobble hat man stirring things up, neither were Jo E

letsallsingtogether

There was a sky blue flare in block 20 in the second half

Never saw that but did see the one in block 15 is that the one you meant?

Macca

Embarrasing, I guess the fan brain cell had its loan period cut short, bloody cost cutting

sw88

Chief Commentator!
This what I dislike about football; it's fans. Not us all but we are given bad names by a minority!

Bit like the game before yesterday (MK Dons I think). Group of 'fans' following some MK fans who were innocently walking towards Car Park C to their cars. Tried to intimidate them into a reaction and then ended up hanging around for them (or other supporters I presume) by the steps after they didn't get the reaction they wanted!

Hoping the MK Dons fans didn't judge us all on the basis of these morons but doubt they helped!

torchomatic

lewys33

This what I dislike about football; it's fans. Not us all but we are given bad names by a minority!

Bit like the game before yesterday (MK Dons I think). Group of 'fans' following some MK fans who were innocently walking towards Car Park C to their cars. Tried to intimidate them into a reaction and then ended up hanging around for them (or other supporters I presume) by the steps after they didn't get the reaction they wanted!

Hoping the MK Dons fans didn't judge us all on the basis of these morons but doubt they helped!

You can see why football fans live up to the stereotype can't you.

ajsccfc

Isn't it illegal to do that in a ground or am I imagining that?

I think it is an offence, but this one was more a smoke bomb that you can get in a joke shop than a flare or anything pyrotechnic. The stewards and police all noticed it and just left it be at least.

Users who are viewing this thread