trouble brewing - future football league sanctions? (1 Viewer)

Ian1779

This is where the club have to stop spinning the line and just tell us clearly.

1. Is the money with the administrator or not? I was under the impression it was - and I think others were too.

2. Why is the liquidation process not complete. What is the delay? Does that stop them paying the money - if so, why?

All they've done now by not addressing these properly is create confusion which leads to anger and frustration.

dongonzalos

Is there any reason why the club itself would cause a delay in Mr Appleton's Administration process until the JR is completed?

dongonzalos

That is the impression that ML said at the forum we had the other week.
When asked by one of the posters if they had paid this bill or not, he answered I am off to pay it next week lets see if they(CCC) will see me?

Funny at these forums he was on about getting the fans on side being more transparent.

It was all about the council won't see us won't answer our calls etc? So is it all as one sided as he made out?

So glad I wasn't taken in by his smugness unlike other posters who had one to one's with him.

If I misunderstood what was said at the meeting I am sure that one of the others who was there will put me right....

Did anyone reply you are paying ACL and you don't physically need to see them to pay them?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Does the money need to be with the administrator/liquidator though? Surely it is a separate contract between FL & Otium that they (Otium) pay ACL £590K as condition for being awarded the Golden share ?

Why would ML need to see CCC to pay ACL the money, the money is nothing to do with CCC.

It is a rates rebate not a rent rebate and the rights to that were part of the Otium deal to acquire the club. It has to be paid to Otium in that case and I thought it had been.

Straight answers to straight questions ............ a lost and forlorn hope

shmmeee

I'm calling it: Sisu will authorise the payment via BACS on the 31st May (a weekend), then it will take 4 working days and not arrive until Thursday 5th June at the earliest, which is one day after the JR!

No doubt this will be blamed on the council as if we had pie money we could have afforded the CHAPS same day payment.

The Penguin

Heh, the last time I saw the word "modalities" in anything, it was in one of those Nigerian scam e-mails.

No, I'm not implying anything at all :D

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
That Football League deadline is ?

so far we have people saying
- at the end of the season ..... is that last weekend or after the playoffs
- two weeks after the end of the season (see above)
- 31st May 2014
- the end of the month
- after CCFC Ltd liquidation process
- after CCFC H liquidation process

Also who is paying who
- Otium paying administrator
- administrator paying ACL
- Otium paying ACL
- Otium pays FL who pay ACL
- ML goes to see CCC to pay them who then pay ACL

clearly no confusion at all in this simple process of paying an agreed debt on time:thinking about::facepalm:

dongonzalos

- 31st May 2014
- the end of the month

Also who is paying who
- Otium paying ACL

clearly no confusion at all in this simple process of paying an agreed debt on time:thinking about::facepalm:

I think it is the last one but when he goes with his holdall to the council offices. Ann Lucas tell her PA tell him I am not here. Then they all hide and he walks away with his money very frustrated that he could not hand it over. :(

Astute

This is where the club have to stop spinning the line and just tell us clearly.

1. Is the money with the administrator or not? I was under the impression it was - and I think others were too.

2. Why is the liquidation process not complete. What is the delay? Does that stop them paying the money - if so, why?

All they've done now by not addressing these properly is create confusion which leads to anger and frustration.

When it suits SISU they are our club. When it suits SISU they are separate entities. Just like when recently when they tried to say that Joy knew nothing about the rent being withheld. That would make them separate entities as SISU is Joy's baby and she runs the show. She makes all the decisions. That would mean it is nothing to do with our club but everything to do with SISU.

All he is trying to do is buy more time. They don't want to pay the money. Full stop. Their plan has been clear for ages. Distress ACL. And now they have to give them 590k. I would say that is more than a years loan repayment. A year at Northampton wasting millions for nothing.

If it isn't paid by the end of the month you have to decide why.

Have they got it?

Are they trying to get our club relegated again so would be happy to take another deduction? Wouldn't have thought so.

Take the points deduction hoping for some of us to blame CCC again?

Waiting to see what happens at the JR? Liquidation if it goes against them so saving 590k by not paying?

All their actions have done is ask lots more questions and not give any answers. Normal day.

ccfcway

- 31st May 2014
- the end of the month

Also who is paying who
- Otium paying ACL

maybe its CCFC decision not to pay, and SISU weren't aware if it ?

It wouldnt be the 1st time our pesky club club have done that on our owners

;)

lewys33

If they pay it, then who cares? If they don't - and then we get a points deduction - I will be very pissed off!

To be fair when you get a gas bill for £600 to be paid within 4 weeks do you pay it there and then? Or do you wait till just before? The money would look better in my account than theirs.

ccfcway

If they pay it, then who cares? If they don't - and then we get a points deduction - I will be very pissed off!

To be fair when you get a gas bill for £600 to be paid within 4 weeks do you pay it there and then? Or do you wait till just before? The money would look better in my account than theirs.

or dont pay it at all and use someone else's gas

lewys33

or dont pay it at all and use someone else's gas

Let's not get in to that. Obviously it would have looked better on the club if they had paid it straight away, but would that have made news? It's not exactly unheard of is it - not paying until the deadline? There is a deadline - they have to meet it.

If they don't pitchforks at the ready!

Nick

Administrator
That isn't what the story is about. Are you saying they do, if so why do you think so?

I might be wrong but didn't they owe the club money for over charging?

I agree with Lew, if you get a bill, most of the time it is paid just before the due date.

My point being, if they do owe money then there haven't been many stories about it ;)

torchomatic

Nick

Administrator
Sorry, not CCC, but ACL.

I might be wrong, but sure there was some talk of money being owed the other way.

skybluetony176

Sorry, not CCC, but ACL.

I might be wrong, but sure there was some talk of money being owed the other way.

Would they not owe that to the administrator if they do?

This is about money owed to ACL by Otium is it not.

I would imagine that means that they are not connected and one doesn't cancel the other.

edgy

CCFC are owed £399k from CCC in rent rebates. This does seem to have gone unnoticed.

"The council withheld a rate rebate of £399k and had been overcharging rates since day one of the Ricoh Arena occupancy but we can only currently claim for the last three years. The Valuation Office (Central Govt) has told Coventry City Council to pay back £399k to club. That hasn’t happened yet. "

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...eting-061213-1219512.aspx#xwa0yW0QS7t03UQu.99

Nick

Administrator
CCFC are owed £399k from CCC in rent rebates. This does seem to have gone unnoticed.

"The council withheld a rate rebate of £399k and had been overcharging rates since day one of the Ricoh Arena occupancy but we can only currently claim for the last three years. The Valuation Office (Central Govt) has told Coventry City Council to pay back £399k to club. That hasn’t happened yet. "

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...eting-061213-1219512.aspx#xwa0yW0QS7t03UQu.99

Not so much focus on that one though, unless it has been paid ;)

Is there a deadline for that one? Something for tomorrow's CET? That £399k could have got us a striker....... :claping hands:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Is the rate rebate still owing though or has it been paid out? The link was December 2013.

The details of the rebate were included in all the administrators reports. The rebate was due to CCFC Ltd who I assume made the claim. The right to the funds from the rebate were purchased by Otium in the deal to acquire the club

I think there might have been a delay caused by legal arguments as to who could receive the rebate (ie the administrator or Otium)

Surely CCC or Labovitch would be able to say yes or no as to whether it was received but I thought it had been paid over?

Spionkop

Some of you guys make me laugh.
Sisu don't pay rent to ACL for over a year and somehow THEY are owed money.
Yeah a striker - a rent striker.

Nick

Administrator
Is the rate rebate still owing though or has it been paid out? The link was December 2013.

The details of the rebate were included in all the administrators reports. The rebate was due to CCFC Ltd who I assume made the claim. The right to the funds from the rebate were purchased by Otium in the deal to acquire the club

I think there might have been a delay caused by legal arguments as to who could receive the rebate (ie the administrator or Otium)

Surely CCC or Labovitch would be able to say yes or no as to whether it was received but I thought it had been paid over?

No idea, it may well have been paid now as it was 5 months ago! I just remember about them owing CCFC money but didn't know the status of that :)

harvey098

The link on the original thread says "new...s-club"

A new version of S club would probably be more exciting to me than news of city at the moment.

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
I might be wrong but didn't they owe the club money for over charging?

I agree with Lew, if you get a bill, most of the time it is paid just before the due date.

My point being, if they do owe money then there haven't been many stories about it ;)

It's a good question. There certainly was a rebate due, but I don't know the status of it. I will look into it.

Not really a like for like comparison though. I don't think the council is at risk of being kicked out of the league by the end of the month...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
It's a good question. There certainly was a rebate due, but I don't know the status of it. I will look into it.

Not really a like for like comparison though. I don't think the council is at risk of being kicked out of the league by the end of the month...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tenner says we won't get kicked out of the league and it is just a bit of scare? :)

Users who are viewing this thread