Trotta (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Wasnt he the chap that was hinted at, at the infamous "secret" fans forum in London

Oh well, he's gone to Watford

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Doesn't he know who our manager is??!!

Or maybe; just maybe, he fancies playing for a team closer to the play-offs that the drop-zone; and likes the idea of staying in London for personal reasons?

Or given their much higher wage budget, maybe they're paying him, or Fulham more for his one month's loan?

So, perhaps, it wasn't wholly our manager's influence that was wholly to blame in this regard?

Just wondering.....

Grendel

Or maybe; just maybe, he fancies playing for a team closer to the play-offs that the drop-zone; and likes the idea of staying in London for personal reasons?

Or given their much higher wage budget, maybe they're paying him, or Fulham more for his one month's loan?

So, perhaps, it wasn't wholly our manager's influence that was wholly to blame in this regard?

Just wondering.....

Just wondering if it may have been better if the Great Leader hadn't spilt his guts to a few London Supporters that it may have happened at all. I am also amazed given the persuasive talents of the Great Leader that the player is not prepared to make the extra hours drive up North.
I assume as he dropped the hint wages were not an issue. Surely he would have checked that first.

Just wondering....

Sick Boy

Just wondering.....

Got any proof Watford's wage budget is much higher?

I would have thought Fulham would be very keen for him to come here regardless of our league position, considering the excellent football we play?!

I would have thought having the chance to play for Andy Thorn would seal the deal! Let's just blame SISU instead!!!

Last edited:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

As I wasn't at this masonic-style meeting and didn't hear the hushed tones, I wouldn't take any view based on conjecture - as I haven't heard anything either first-hand or reported via a reputable source. Just as I don't claim to be aware of Trotta's motivation

Grendel

I would have thought having the chance to play for Andy Thorn would seal the deal! Let's just blame SISU instead!!!

Proof has never been a consideration for such posts. Vague assumptions are always far easier to make and justify.

Grendel

As I wasn't at this masonic-style meeting and didn't hear the hushed tones, I wouldn't take any view based on conjecture - as I haven't heard anything either first-hand or reported via a reputable source. Just as I don't claim to be aware of Trotta's motivation

So it's not conjecture to assume Watford are paying more!! Or he want's to stay in London? Why say it then!

ericagradus

I think it would be fair to conclude that this is the player that Thorn said had chosen to go elsewhere. Scored 8 in 8 on his previous loan spell, but Nimely and Platt look good upfront.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Well, and I'm trying to breathe deeply here, yes it's been previously posted with regards Watford's wage structure. And yes, from recollection it was over 50% higher. Yes, I'd equally count that as 'much'.

And no, I didn't blame SISU - read for God's sake. I stated that a player has made a decision. You don't know what his reasoning is, but I threw a few things into the arena that could have been going through his mind.

He had a choice of two. He chose one. Look in your fridge tonight when you get in. There might be a lasagne. There might not be a shepard's pie. You go with the pie. Cool. That doesn't make lasagne the work of the devil. You just preferred something else instead

Grendel

Well, and I'm trying to breathe deeply here, yes it's been previously posted with regards Watford's wage structure. And yes, from recollection it was over 50% higher. Yes, I'd equally count that as 'much'.

So you know nothing about the loan arrangement then it terms of the loan deal. Rather than take a deep breath supply some facts it would make a pleasant change.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

So you know nothing about the loan arrangement then it terms of the loan deal. Rather than take a deep breath supply some facts it would make a pleasant change.

No I don't. And neither do you. But we do know - from published accounts they have a higher wage bill than we

Grendel

Because it makes infinitely more sense than to insinuate it's because he doesn't know who our manager is

Or that he just thinks he doesn't want to play for him......

Grendel

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Or that he just thinks he doesn't want to play for him......

Your jaundiced mind is on overtime today.

I think most fair-minded people reading this board, with opinions of their own will take the view that given a choice between playing at a team at the right place in the table (allowing him to play and learn without the pressure of a relegation dog-fight), in the right location who pay higher wages is always going to be a more attractive proposition than coming here right now. To try and insinuate it's because he doesn't want to play for Thorn is simply preposterous. Even for you, this is a Red Letter Day.

And to be quite clear, I know nothing of the deal or the lad's reasoning, but I am suggesting that the reasoning going through his mind was more liable to be that I have floated, then the product of your troubled mind

Sick Boy

What he would learn from Thorn would far outweigh a relegation battle though, come on!!

I just don't understand it?! :whistle:

DazzleTommyDazzle

And no, I didn't blame SISU - read for God's sake. I stated that a player has made a decision. You don't know what his reasoning is, but I threw a few things into the arena that could have been going through his mind.

He had a choice of two. He chose one. Look in your fridge tonight when you get in. There might be a lasagne. There might not be a shepard's pie. You go with the pie. Cool. That doesn't make lasagne the work of the devil. You just preferred something else instead

MMM - I have to admire your continued attempts to use logic in this debate.

I can only assume that it's done more in hope than expectation........

:p

ccfcway

come on Nick, your better than this...

Didnt you see the minutes from the London CCFC SUPPORTERS froum last month ?

mark82

Don't need the greatest scouts to spot a guy that scored 8 in 8 for Wycombe and then said he wants a stint at a Championship club. We wanted a goalscorer and for one reason or another we have let one go to Watford. From what has been said by Thorne I believe he may have rejected us a couple of weeks back.

mark82

Was just a little giggle in regards to the scouting thread :)

I'm just frustrated we can't convince a guy to come here who was convinced to go to Wycombe. Wages not an issue, reportedly on about £800 a month.

mark82

In fairness, if I was a player and had the choice between Watford and CCFC, it's a no brainer. Who wants relegation on their CV.

Users who are viewing this thread