Trialists (1 Viewer)

olderskyblue

I did 2 of them trips to Burnley (Colne i think) it was a mad weekend ,and Billy on the coach as a compere pure class:claping hands:

I was selling to a company in foulridge, just outside colne, and after they finally decided to give me the business, one of the directors said he had a soft spot for Cov as his local team used to come down every other year to play the Brico...!! I knew John Vernon pretty well (striker for Brico) so all the stories started to flow. Wish I'd found this out earlier, might have got me the business much quicker..!! :facepalm:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Well they are hardly likely to come out and say 'yes of course we want to sign him... just so all you other clubs realise this and can outbid us'!
I was just trying to clarify what the club have said as earlier in the thread people were talking about 'rumours' of him being at the matches

covcity4life

dunno why cov fans always assume new players will be on huge wages

scotlands 33,no job...he will consider ALL offers

was huge aprt of swanseas rejuvination and i think he could do a job in league one

RichieGunns

I was just trying to clarify what the club have said as earlier in the thread people were talking about 'rumours' of him being at the matches

They weren't rumours, he was seen at our match vs tranmere.

That prompted Fisher to issue a statement saying they weren't making a move for him as the press and fans were asking him questions.

He also mentioned it on CWR in an official interview where he said something along the lines of "We have not made any move for Robert yet but at this time no deal is pending".

And because of that some people believe it might be smoke and mirrors to discourage any other clubs from trying to come in at the 11th out and steal him from us...

andrew.roberts

Did you ever do the may day weeknd trips to Burnley?

Only went a couple of times in the days when we still used to play a game up there. After a while there was no football involved, just a piss-up. my older brother John Roberts used to help organise the trips and if I´m not mistaken they went up there every year for almost 30 years consecutively, even after Brico FC had folded. I used to play in the same team as Johnny Vernon, Billy Bell and Pat Kenny to name but a few. Truly great times and I reckon one of the best pitches in the City (not football teams !!).
By the way, they now go to Benidorm every year.....I think there are about 40 people signed up already for the trip, Mr. Bell included.

SkyBlue_Bear83

They weren't rumours, he was seen at our match vs tranmere.

That prompted Fisher to issue a statement saying they weren't making a move for him as the press and fans were asking him questions.

He also mentioned it on CWR in an official interview where he said something along the lines of "We have not made any move for Robert yet but at this time no deal is pending".

And because of that some people believe it might be smoke and mirrors to discourage any other clubs from trying to come in at the 11th out and steal him from us...
Yes he was confirmed as attending the game vs Tranmere by the club, that was the point I was trying to make to the below posters who thought it was hearsay/fan sightings

'ParsonsHose, not seen him myself, just going on fantalk from here, Twitter, GMK and CWR. And yes, people can make mistakes.'

'Has he been at the Ricoh or is that rumours'

'There are lots of people who look like othe people though IMO '

'He has been to our last two games from what I've read and heard off here! '

My post wasn't designed to trick, just posting the clubs official response

RichieGunns

Yes he was confirmed as attending the game vs Tranmere by the club, that was the point I was trying to make to the below posters who thought it was hearsay/fan sightings

'ParsonsHose, not seen him myself, just going on fantalk from here, Twitter, GMK and CWR. And yes, people can make mistakes.'

'Has he been at the Ricoh or is that rumours'

'There are lots of people who look like othe people though IMO '

'He has been to our last two games from what I've read and heard off here! '

My post wasn't designed to trick, just posting the clubs official response

One of those responses was mine lol

Wasn't having a go :)

RichieGunns

Two of the trialists are Tim Sparv and Andreas Hinckel

Andreas Hinkel - Retired due to a cruciate ligament injury in 2012.

Tim Sparv

Tim Sparv is a Finnish footballer who plays for FC Groningen as a midfielder.

Born: February 20, 1987 (age 25), Oravais
Height: 1.94 m
Weight: 84 kg
Position: Midfielder

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Hinckel is only 30, could be making a comeback. It does happen, he is a right back as well which is a position we need experience in

lynch14

Hi guys haven't posted anything on here for a while because I was sick of getting told I'm full of shit. Just been told there is no one on trial at the moment. So I don't know where that came from. As for Jason Scotland nobody knows anything about it but he did say he would be a good signing. So there we go. :)

Mucca Mad Boys

Hi guys haven't posted anything on here for a while because I was sick of getting told I'm full of shit. Just been told there is no one on trial at the moment. So I don't know where that came from. As for Jason Scotland nobody knows anything about it but he did say he would be a good signing. So there we go. :)

Full of shit!

... Joking pal, thanks for the info once more! Don't let hem get to you.

Your our guy on the inside!

mark82

Keep posting mate. You can only pass on what you hear and people can choose to believe it or not. This is a forum after all.

Users who are viewing this thread