Transfer Rumour Trialist in U21 game (1 Viewer)

rexo87

Someone on twitter has suggested it’s Helder Costa. Think it’s probably bollocks but if anyone’s there can they let us know so we can make this the shortest thread of all time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

napolimp

If the trialist is basically an unknow in the footballing world, then why call them "trialist" on the Twitter feed when posting about goals, etc? Or is that pretty standard for the person updating the feed to not know the names?

Liquicon

If the trialist is basically an unknow in the footballing world, then why call them "trialist" on the Twitter feed when posting about goals, etc? Or is that pretty standard for the person updating the feed to not know the names?
Has always been the same on Twitter when we have had Trialist playing and they are involved in the game somehow. Most of the time you'll never find out who they were.

Mr Panda

Helder Costa declined his inclusion in Angola's final 23-man squad for next month's AFCON in Cote d' Ivoire, given that he is not in form. "I am not in good shape this season, I prefer to leave my place to a competitive player." Helder says.

Sounds like just what we need!

Darth Robins

Has always been the same on Twitter when we have had Trialist playing and they are involved in the game somehow. Most of the time you'll never find out who they were.

It's a standard footie thing as far as I know, seen it on Soccer Saturday on the score ticker loads of times.

slowpoke

I watched a mixed under 18/21 game a week or so ago and there were trialists of lads one was really good, big, powerful. about 18/19 there will be games with trialists in all the time now hopefully we pick up another Vik, either of them.

rob9872

Someone on twitter has suggested it’s Helder Costa. Think it’s probably bollocks but if anyone’s there can they let us know so we can make this the shortest thread of all time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Julian Gray apparently

David O'Day

Is it allowed to sign trialists out of the transfer windows?
Depends on when they became a free agent, if it was before the window shut then yes

Also remember though a lot of trialists this time of year at the level are players at other clubs who know their contract isn't being renewed so they start with the clubs permission looking for a club to join at the end of that season

Astute

You're allowed to sign someone who doesn't have a contract. The rule got changed to this once there was uproar that anyone unemployed can't get a job.

Manchester_sky_blue

Loads of young players in premier league academies will have been released in the last window. They don't show up as free agents though, probably because most of them won't have been on pro terms.

Users who are viewing this thread