Transfers????????? (1 Viewer)

Tankie

With many fans, particulary on forums like this, expecting incoming players, and with rumours rife on the subject, has it not occurred to posters, that with an impending takeover, and a freshly penned offer for the club sitting on the chairmans Desk, that it is extremely unlikely, that Sisu will want to spend a penny more than they have already done, the incumbants may become the Excumbants, before the start of the new season, but if they do start to bring players in it may be an indication that they, Sisu,, intend to brazen it out and hang on to the club, "Heaven Forbid"
A view from the Turret.

Big Mo

Failing to prepare for the new season on the basis of a takeover could be a potential disaster - if any proposed sale didnt go through and we went into the season short there would be a serious danger of relegation and an even bigger loss for sisu.

Think they will continue with modest/free transfers so we are a viable product to purchase

mattylad

Thought exactly the same and dont think there will be anymore more signings at the mo

ccfc_Tom

After early signings like platt and carsley last season im prepared to wait till the last minute of deadline day for something.

PhilWasn'tBabb

Whilst, somebody in midfield would be nice as back up and perhaps a decent striker, I'm not sure we're that short of players. I'd like to see some of the young players who have signed contracts given a chance.

sky blue john

I think we have done our lot in this transfer window in terms of signings unless a takeover happens quickly.

Covstu

totally agree tanks, they are not going to break the bank to sign people if the club is in limbo but timing here is key, we need this to progress asap so we are in a position to buy or loan or whatever. Its unsettling for the players, fans and everyone connected to coventry.

@richh87

Whilst, somebody in midfield would be nice as back up and perhaps a decent striker, I'm not sure we're that short of players. I'd like to see some of the young players who have signed contracts given a chance.

Agreed. What we are short on though is pace. How are we going to counter-attack anyone when we need to? :thinking about:

Chipfat

Agreed with pace in the team part but we are not going to be a counter attacking side, 4-3-3 is attacking. If we go 4-5-1 then AT should be looking for quick wingers but i think he has already stated he doesnt want wingers as we dont play that way.

@richh87

Agreed with pace in the team part but we are not going to be a counter attacking side, 4-3-3 is attacking. If we go 4-5-1 then AT should be looking for quick wingers but i think he has already stated he doesnt want wingers as we dont play that way.

Yeah get what you're saying. Ordinarily (especially @home) we won't be playing counter-attack. Just thinking away from home our lack of pace upfront allows the oppo's defence to play a high line and keep the game in our half.

I guess what I meant to say was we need a Mifsud type striker as an outlet when we're under the kosh.

(By Mifsud type I mean quick, not a jumped up little tosser) ;)

Chipfat

I think we could do with letting 1 of our potential 6 CB go and Eastwood and bring in an another Attacking Mid and 2 goalscoring FWs.. Would love Earnshaw, Harewood and a Hollahan(Norwich) type of player coming in, but i know that is as unlikely as them asking me to get me boots on....

We need a forward a new midfielder and a decent left back coz chris hussey is shite :)
Adam Le Fondre/ Phillips/ or Harewood up front with Eastwood coz i dont really rate Lucas that much :)

rob9872

Phillips going to Huddersfield. I know they have a budget and we're poor, but sorry state that we can't attract some v a league below team who already lives in our area.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Phillips going to Huddersfield. I know they have a budget and we're poor, but sorry state that we can't attract some v a league below team who already lives in our area.
tbh I don't think that is the problem, I think quite simply Andy Thorn is not very keen on him and would rather go for younger targets. I don't think it is about the clubs ability to attract Kevin Phillips.

The Reverend Skyblue

We need a forward a new midfielder and a decent left back coz chris hussey is shite :)
Adam Le Fondre/ Phillips/ or Harewood up front with Eastwood coz i dont really rate Lucas that much :)

I totally disagree that Hussey is shite.In my humble opinion he has a lot of potential ,he needs a little training on his defensive work but he's young and as I say great potential.
I'd leave him alone and encourage the lad to fullfil his potential.I love young, hungry,players who are learning there trade, and he always gives his all,so i like him and want him to improve with us, and he will under Thorn.

The Rev

rob9872

I think either you've been had rev or he is a tool as he also advocates Eastwood needing a partner and criticises Juke. Must be an angling expedition.

Paxman II

Any 'takeover' will have numerous contractual obligations factored in for the football club so I don't think any transfers in or out have any bearing what so ever unless we were talking in the millions of pound range...

Sbarcher

Not until there is a formal offer on the table for consideration, together with SISU's approval can any bidder see the finances of the club. OK the Hoff might know much of it already, but his backers will want full due diligence. This will take weeks, or even months to complete. My guess is even if SISU have a firm offer, it will be 3 months before anything is finalised. If the team is not strengthened, then they are try to sell a diminishing asset - not good business!!

skybluesteve76

Have you seen Hussey play? He's been quality at times. At Norwich he was one of the best players on the pitch. Have a word.

blueflint

i have said this before i dont think we will be spending money we havn't got may be a loanee come in but thats all :D:D:D:thinking about:

cooperskyblue

I would like to see a couple of midfielders and a couple of strikers to give us some extra quality and depth.
We have some good young talent like Connor Thomas coming through who will be battling it out for a first team place so with a few new faces and the nice passing style of football we were treated to towards the end of the season under Thorn hopefuly we can have a much more enjoyable season compared to the last few. PLAY UP SKY BLUES!

Users who are viewing this thread