Transfers in (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Another defender and a winger, although the much maligned David Bell may surprise a few.

Tbf, at the start of the season i thought players like McSheff and Baker would turn out decent in this league. They haven't done too badly and id out Bell in the same category as them. And after all this rehab and medical care we've paid for (and the fact we're stuck with him for a few more years) i hope thats the case! Hes got to give us something back

Gaz

To be honest, i'll be happy to just bring Bailey back and keep what we already have.

Mucca Mad Boys

If we sign them 5, that'll be it, realistically, 3/4 would be v good, unlikely McG will stay, but I wouldn't completely blow away our chances.

But we have David Bell on his way back (although we keep hearing this so im not sure where hes coming back from? Walking from Oz maybe?)

Bell will be like having a new signing, although he got a blister on his walk from Oz! Can we replace 'City Link' on his shirt & have 'FRAGILE - Handle With Care!' instead. Good luck to him.

kg82

Good point sbg! I just think Robins has come in, Cody's done nothing to lose any weight, get fit etc etc. And then to add to that he's not fast, he can't play up front on his own (as is Robins style) and he's made no attempt at doing these things. To be fair, I liked McDonald when he first came in. Looked really sharp. Something's gone on in the time he's been with us and he hasn't looked great the last few times I've seen him. I mean jesus, RO'D getting in front of you... Got to evaluate where you are, surely, after that?!

Mucca Mad Boys

Cody is done here surely? He has to be when rod is getting subbed on instead of him.

Has Cody shagged robins wife or something? Or is he just worse than rod?

Probably, but I think ROD is more likely to find a club because he's cheaper, do we want to get rid of Cody and make a huge loss? I don't fancy that... However, a loan would be what he needs ATM.

Otis

We have to get another left back in don't we?

MR has said that Hussey is not in his plans, so that just leaves Blair Adams. We need cover there for sure.

Mucca Mad Boys

Quite obvious after yesterday that Cody is just making the numbers up!

:thinking about:

I was surprised he brought ROD on, I think Cody is a better player than ROD, hands down, probably better than Elliott (but people are charged by his goals yesterday), it's a shame he had to many BBQs in the summer because I think he could at least be 'up there' on the goal scoring charts, but it wasn't to be, I think he'll get sent out on loan and hopefully ROD is sold, useless player, and doesn't look like scoring IMO. Hopefully we sign McG so we have Clarke and Elliott as back up.

If Cody works hard I'm sure he could 'do a Fleck', then again, we play 1 striker so it needs an injury crisis for him to get in the team - especially if McGOALdrick stays.

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

We have to get another left back in don't we?

MR has said that Hussey is not in his plans, so that just leaves Blair Adams. We need cover there for sure.

Hussey is a great Left back...

... Left back at the changing rooms that is! I remember that joke in my football days.

stupot07

If we presume Clarke is signed, I think we need as a minimum
Another striker
A central midfielder (hopefully bailey)
2 left backs ( Adams and backup
And a quick orthodox left winger as a play b.

Mucca Mad Boys

If we presume Clarke is signed, I think we need as a minimum
Another striker
A central midfielder (hopefully bailey)
2 left backs ( Adams and backup
And a quick orthodox left winger as a play b.

LM, realistically no? Do we need a LM, no, we have Sheff and Moussa, I think you meant RM...
Bailey will sign
Adams will resign, I think we'll bring up from the academy though for the 2nd choice, no money for 2nd choice.
Another striker? I think realistically, no, but I suppose we're trying to sign McG and Clarke, so maybe.

stupot07

LM, realistically no? Do we need a LM, no, we have Sheff and Moussa, I think you meant RM...
Bailey will sign
Adams will resign, I think we'll bring up from the academy though for the 2nd choice, no money for 2nd choice.
Another striker? I think realistically, no, but I suppose we're trying to sign McG and Clarke, so maybe.

No I meant LM, Baker is captain and bell is back in training and I'm talking about a different type of LM more orthodox with pace, someone that likes to keep out wide and take people on the outside. A plan B if we want to play 442.

It depend what the aims are this season, if they serious believe promotion is on the cards we have to further strengthen and also have half an eye on next season regardless of whether we get promoted or not.

Mucca Mad Boys

Was the pun intended there?!

And shame on you! Bloody egg chaser!

What pun? I was saying we were immature 7-8 year olds making jokes about the positions, like RB and LB.

Rugby is better to play than football.

Tbf, I was shit at football, and I'm pretty good at rugby.

kg82

What pun? I was saying we were immature 7-8 year olds making jokes about the positions, like RB and LB.

Rugby is better to play than football.

Tbf, I was shit at football, and I'm pretty good at rugby.

Ok, so the pun was NOT intended! "Converted to rugby" - that's the pun, by the way (and I was just messing about with egg chaser - bit of football humour for you!!)

shmmeee

My squad for the second half of the season:

Murphy/Dunn
Christie/Willis
Adams/Clarke
Wood/Brown
Edge/Cameron
Bailey/Thomas
Jennings/Daniels
Moussa/McSheffrey
Fleck/Barton
Baker/Bell
Clarke/Elliot

Ideally could do with another holding player, though Moussa does well there and another LB, though would be silly to sign someone to sit on the bench, so maybe hold off and use an emergency loan if needed.

Mucca Mad Boys

Ok, so the pun was NOT intended! "Converted to rugby" - that's the pun, by the way (and I was just messing about with egg chaser - bit of football humour for you!!)

I didn't mean that no! Nonetheless, it was pretty good!

I get called deluded a lot because I play rugby... I said Messi was better than Ronaldo (before the ballon d'ors), last season, I said Chelsea would win the CL, I got a lot of stick off my... Chelsea supporting friends!? This season, I said CCFC would get playoffs (conservative prediction tbh), and I'm going to predict CCFC win win L1, with or without McG, Clarke will replace him well enough. If we keep McG... Easily winning the league.

Users who are viewing this thread