Transfer Window (1 Viewer)

InterSkyBlues

Anyone else getting nervous that we're not going to bring anyone in but potentially we are seeing a few going out. I'm not after major signings, maybe a few loanees to boost the squad. A few weeks back we had no central defenders fit, then it was central midfielders, sometime back we only had Jukebox and Plattini available for upfront - the choices are poor and we need something new in here. Is getting rid of Doyle a bad move given the lack of back up or are we going to get someone in - if Westie goes who will come in - if Gunnar goes then will any of us have to kit up at half time to play?

Anyone got any decent news on who might be coming in or is it likely that it will be no one at all? Please help this very nervous fan who is panicing about the rest of season if we simply sell but don't buy/loan.

:eek:

aodea

Hi,

Yeah im in the same boat as you here. Not bringing in anyone is not filling me with confidence. May mean that aidy has settled for mid table this season and will start playing for next year. I dont want panic players brought in either but when you see some of the loan deals going on in the Champiuonship surely there is room to bring in a center mid even if only back up and a center forward who may score a few.

Coventry La La La

:wave::welcome: aodea.

If Westie is off we definetly need a replacement Goalkeeper fortunatly for us there will still be an ermergency loan window to try draft someone in if we can't sign someone before the transfer window closses.

Last edited:

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I don't see us doing any business inside the window unless Westy goes and we sign a new keeper. Anyone we get in will be through the emergency loan window.

darkhorse

Not at all scared by the transfer window. Like everyone else I shall be very sad to see Westwood go but he is a fast depreciating asset. At GBP1m+ for him that would be worth over GBP50.000 per game to the Club until the end of the season. CCFC is also a financial business and we all know there is no bottomless pot of gold at Coventry.

To me the squad looks too big so a modest cull of some players 'surplus to requirements' (McIndoe and O'Donovan for starters) is not a bad thing, just to get the wages off the payroll. In my opinion Doyle was definitely not 'surplus to requirements' but I have to assume that he was one of the highest paid players on the books having been with us for so long; players' contracts were much more generous back then.

For the players going through the "out-turnstyle" I would like to see one key player come in: that 'somebody' (Micky Quinn-style) who can finish. We have had a shocking run results-wise recently, effectively killing off any play-off hopes, however, the chances to win countless games were there: we just do not have a finisher.

In spite of the poor run my view is that we are still a "nearly very good" side and I do not think a few strategic departures during the transfer window will change that. Sure, we shall need a replacement goalkeeper but it is the striker who can 'put it away' which we really need.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
i feel we should bring in someone just to keep the fans and players hopes up that were looking to build, its going against the board and rr at the moment in what there doing i hope they have soem trick up there sleeve.

blueflint

we need three players to become really good striker is main one attacking midfield is next and a right back who can defend may be third

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
A good right back is always going to be difficult to aquire for the right money

BenInTurin

Facebook User
I like Keogh but he had a mare against QPR and does get beat too easily sometimes

CCFC_Taylor

To be honest, are team is not THAT bad, maybe play-offs if we play like we did last 3 games. and i think we only need loans at the minute to replace injured players.

Users who are viewing this thread