Transfer targets (13 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

I'm a bit underwhelmed by the fact we had nobody lined up at the start of the window.

Given Robins method of slow walking them into the side - it might be March before any new signing really starts to make an impact. If we leave it right until the end that's a whole month lost.
Other than the bloke we signed within a few days of it opening?

robbiethemole

And the Argentinian bloke and the lad from Aldershot, pretty sure they weren't spur of the moment decisions, probably spent half a season trying to get them in.

Hobo

Need a winger through the door ASAP

Not really, we have plenty of options. It might be a useful addition, but I now think it is about sourcing the right player rather than a body who plays in a certain position. If the right player is more likely to be available in the summer I would rather wait.

ccfc1234

Not really, we have plenty of options. It might be a useful addition, but I now think it is about sourcing the right player rather than a body who plays in a certain position. If the right player is more likely to be available in the summer I would rather wait.
I agree with not panic buying and getting the right players through the door, even if they are loans. However, I am curious about which players you think provide us with 'plenty of options' in the wing positions?

BlueSkiesForever

Need a winger through the door ASAP
Agreed. I was quoted by 4-5 people last week for stating we need an extra player that can play wide/winger and they were saying “what you on about, we don’t play with wingers” and now almost everyone’s in agreement that we need an extra winger.

Literally no idea what goes on with this forum, it seems like the wind changes direction almost every other week 😂

Hobo

I agree with not panic buying and getting the right players through the door, even if they are loans. However, I am curious about which players you think provide us with 'plenty of options' in the wing positions?

Well so far there is only Sakamoto possibly playing as a winger. But we have several options with wide attackers, wide midfield players and wing back or attacking full backs.

So when it comes to players and formations, like I said,plenty of options.

slowpoke

Still nine days to go until the window shuts, this week as it’s a cup week is a bit of free hit wouldn’t be surprised for one or two to come in for the Bristol game bit of a dodgy one for me should they nick the lead they are very capable of parking the bus.

Last edited:

SBAndy

Well so far there is only Sakamoto possibly playing as a winger. But we have several options with wide attackers, wide midfield players and wing back or attacking full backs.

And there’s a difference between desperately plugging a gap and forming a squad that can cater with the fixture saturation. I’m really surprised we haven’t got a ‘winger’ in on loan yet at least.

Winny the Bish

And there’s a difference between desperately plugging a gap and forming a squad that can cater with the fixture saturation. I’m really surprised we haven’t got a ‘winger’ in on loan yet at least.
I guess the thinking is that loans of enough quality to crack our Starting XI - i.e getting ahead of a Japan international and £7.7m signing - would cost an insane amount wages or loan fees to bring in. Money that could instead be invested in a player we own.

skybluecam

All of our options involve fundamentally changing the (very successful) way we play though. Even Palmer coming in on the left, while not a bad 2nd choice, makes us play differently and slightly worse in my opinion.

If we could find like for like backups for Wright/Saka it would be a boost.

Deity

All of our options involve fundamentally changing the (very successful) way we play though. Even Palmer coming in on the left, while not a bad 2nd choice, makes us play differently and slightly worse in my opinion.

If we could find like for like backups for Wright/Saka it would be a boost.
This

slowpoke

I guess the thinking is that loans of enough quality to crack our Starting XI - i.e getting ahead of a Japan international and £7.7m signing - would cost an insane amount wages or loan fees to bring in. Money that could instead be invested in a player we own.
Think Villa paid £30million to get Tammi Abrahams on loan, big gamble but his goals did go a long way to earn them promotion, look at them now but a risky gamble too big a risk imo.

Ccfcisparks

Sakamoto is not an international

Manchester_sky_blue

I would imagine anyone we bring in to be in a similar vein to Torp - young, low cost, high potential. Able to play a part in the first team if needed but still being developed

slowpoke

Haha no way they paid 30 million for a loan. They reportedly had that amount agreed with Roma before it fell through
Yes they did it thereabouts I’m sure it was 30million that included loan fee and wages. He was at Chelsea at the time and went back at the end of that season got in the Chelsea team and won England caps
Abrahams was a product of the Chelsea Acadamy from the age of seven.
The Roma stuff happened after his loan to Villa.

mrfr

Yes they did it thereabouts I’m sure it was 30million that included loan fee and wages. He was at Chelsea at the time and went back at the end of that season got in the Chelsea team and won England caps
Abrahams was a product of the Chelsea Acadamy from the age of seven.
The Roma stuff happened after his loan to Villa.
I think maybe you’re conflating the loan fee with the rumoured transfer fee that didn’t end up happening: Roma 'sold Tammy Abraham to Aston Villa for €30m' before deal 'fell through'

SkyBlueSam01

I know nobody cares but its doing my head in that everyone keeps saying abductor strains 😂

- Abductors are the glute muscles on the outside of your hip and are very rarely strained but often responsible for faulty biomechanics in the knee and hip joints if they are weak.

- Adductors are muscles in the groin and v commonly strained in footballers (second place to hamstrings) due to the movements required as some have prev stated. This is what Wright and half the rest of the squad have injured.

Users who are viewing this thread