Transfer targets (8 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

Matthias Seidl
Anyway file this in the may or may not go through. Issues are the fee - as mentioned he only recently joined his current club which means they're being quite bullish about what they're asking. They'd also like him back on loan for the rest of the season which doesn't necessarily suit us. That bit is less of an issue though as either the fee will be right for him to come, or we decide to let him go back, but at least have secured the player before other clubs circle.

We'll see.

Pusb1

re Longstaff- the Cov telegraph (albeit not meaning much) are saying he is definitely someone on our radar!

Deity

re Longstaff- the Cov telegraph (albeit not meaning much) are saying he is definitely someone on our radar!
Yes although Turner says Longstaff is more of a fox in the box than our front 3. No idea what he thinks Godden is then ….

Evo1883

Yes although Turner says Longstaff is more of a fox in the box than our front 3. No idea what he thinks Godden is then ….
Maybe robins sees him as a younger sharper version of what we have now ...I've heard that langstaffs workrate is unbelievable to go with the goals

AFCCOVENTRY

Godden I’m afraid is in decline. He’s lost a yard of space and just ineffective as a striker now. A smart club will look to phase him out and have a replacement. Next season I sound very much Godden and Tavares will be our 3rd and 4th striker choice.

Deity

Godden I’m afraid is in decline. He’s lost a yard of space and just ineffective as a striker now. A smart club will look to phase him out and have a replacement. Next season I sound very much Godden and Tavares will be our 3rd and 4th striker choice.
I totally agree I was more amused that Turner didn’t see that.

procdoc

Anyway file this in the may or may not go through. Issues are the fee - as mentioned he only recently joined his current club which means they're being quite bullish about what they're asking. They'd also like him back on loan for the rest of the season which doesn't necessarily suit us. That bit is less of an issue though as either the fee will be right for him to come, or we decide to let him go back, but at least have secured the player before other clubs circle.

We'll see.
Didn’t know you were an ITK, top work!

Flying Fokker

hill83

While unable to substantiate that, CoventryLive understands

200w.gif

CovLad94

Buckle up folks, DK seems ambitious and said we were going to be 'Bold' think there will be some surprises no matter what happens

SkyB

I don't think our need for an '8' is nearly as big as our need for a winger and a striker in this window. Since we've change to a 4 back we've been the 3rd best team in the league. The '8' were all after is the role that Cal and Kasey are playing. The fullbacks are still as attacking as they were in our 5 back system, meaning that we need a more defensively solid in the midfield (why Sheaf and Eccles are 4th and 6th in average rating for CMs this year). The most '8' midfield we have at the minute is Allen and he's looked a shadow of last season when playing in the new formation.

With the rumour swirling that Hadjis injury will have him out for a month our replacement is either Kasey or DaSilva on the left, afraid that isn't good enough for promotion. I don't think the right is as much of an issue as Cal or Milan can fill in on that side.

As for a striker, I think the sooner we replace Matty the better. He's been poor for the last 3 months and isn't a patch on Simms in the new system. He doesn't occupy defenders nearly as well as Simms does. Saying that I'm not sure Simmo is the answer up top in this system and Langstaff does offer something different to the both of them so could be the answer.

skyblueelephant76

I don't think our need for an '8' is nearly as big as our need for a winger and a striker in this window. Since we've change to a 4 back we've been the 3rd best team in the league. The '8' were all after is the role that Cal and Kasey are playing. The fullbacks are still as attacking as they were in our 5 back system, meaning that we need a more defensively solid in the midfield (why Sheaf and Eccles are 4th and 6th in average rating for CMs this year). The most '8' midfield we have at the minute is Allen and he's looked a shadow of last season when playing in the new formation.

With the rumour swirling that Hadjis injury will have him out for a month our replacement is either Kasey or DaSilva on the left, afraid that isn't good enough for promotion. I don't think the right is as much of an issue as Cal or Milan can fill in on that side.

As for a striker, I think the sooner we replace Matty the better. He's been poor for the last 3 months and isn't a patch on Simms in the new system. He doesn't occupy defenders nearly as well as Simms does. Saying that I'm not sure Simmo is the answer up top in this system and Langstaff does offer something different to the both of them so could be the answer.
Wright is fine, Robins confirmed this morning

Users who are viewing this thread