Transfer targets (8 Viewers)

shmmeee

Could be King offers Robins the choice: sell him or lose a bit from the budget

shmmeee

There is also the fact someone needs to come in and offer O’Hare what he wants in terms of football or money.

NorthernWisdom

Strongly suspect if he hasn’t signed by now he’s never going to barring a promotion at the end of the season.
He still hasn't been back for long. Same as it was crazy to write him off after a couple of sub assistants, it doesn't seem unwise for the club to see if he can get through this period of fixtures unscathed.

Offer him a deal start of January, see where we stand then.

ptr

John McAtee. Luton on loan at Barnsley. Liked him when he was at Grimsby. Would be a good signing.

quinn1971

What about fleck on loan until the end of the season ? Not a fan of bringing ex players back but seems like the type of player were missing ?

Martin180

What about fleck on loan until the end of the season ? Not a fan of bringing ex players back but seems like the type of player were missing ?
Cbs No GIF by HULU

Happy_Martian

I was challenged on here last week (?), when I said if he didn't sign then sell, that the club hadn't given him a contract. Have we heard that a contract has actually been passed over to his agent ? Or is all this just speculation between antsy members wanting something done ?

shmmeee

I was challenged on here last week (?), when I said if he didn't sign then sell, that the club hadn't given him a contract. Have we heard that a contract has actually been passed over to his agent ? Or is all this just speculation between antsy members wanting something done ?

Best guess so far seems to be his demands are known and the club haven’t met them.

GaryJones

My feeling is that he will not sign anything and will go on a free in the summer.
I would be pretty pissed off if this happens. The club stood by him when he was out for so long and the least he should do in my opinion is sign for another year or two and have a buyout clause inserted.
At least that way we both get something if he goes in the near future.
I don’t buy the standard footballer bullshit line that I just want to concentrate on playing (that’s bollocks) - sort your contract out on your days off for fuck sake.
Maybe the contract has not been put in front of him - by his agent!!
I’m sure the club would have offered something by now.

mmttww

Anyone who knows their way around stats sites feel like looking up Callum Styles so far this season? Raw numbers look good - goals, assists etc. interested to know if he's a genuine alternative to Sheaf, Eccles, Allen, Latibeaudiere, or if he's similar.

Legia Sky Blue

I think O'Hare's positive influence is such that he does deserve to be the highest earner at the club, but whether that's enough to keep him goodness knows. Knowing that his contract up at the end of the season, I can't see any offer in January higher than £1m. If that is the case in my opinion we may as well keep him, as any replacement would need time to settle in, and have a negative impact on the team's prospects for the rest of the season. As with Hamer, if there is the remotest chance we can keep him then we have to try to do so, even if we do ultimately lose out.

Last edited:

slowpoke

Doug King not here twelve months yet has proved keeps cards close to his chest and I’m glad he does. There was always speculation and at the moment that’s all it is.

Astute

O'Hare hasn't gone yet. And none of us know what sort of contract has been offered. And where is the evidence that one hasn't been offered.

My guess would be O'Hare wanted a decent contract but we were weary of giving a big contract to a player who was just coming back from a second long term injury. It could easily be prove your value before you get to sign. Can you imagine giving a big contract then finding out the injuries have taken their toll. Remember his goal where he held his hand to his ear like making a phone call? 'I'm back where's my contract'

Yes O'Hare is of value. But who would risk a big fee on a player that has spent most of the last 2 years out injured? He is worth more than a couple of million to us. Could be the difference between also rans and winning the playoffs. I'm sure he would prefer to be in the Prem with us than another relegation battle team.

Sky Blue Pete

I think O'Hare's positive influence is such that he does deserve to be the highest earner at the club, but whether that's enough to keep him goodness knows. Knowing that his contract up at the end of the season, I can't see any offer in January higher than £1m. If that is the case in my opinion we may as well keep him, as any replacement would need time to settle in, and have a negative impact on the team's prospects for the rest of the season. As with Hamer, if there is the remotest chance we can keep him then we have to try to do so, even if we do ultimately lose out.
I can easily see a multi million pound offer from a Burnley

Users who are viewing this thread