Transfer targets (9 Viewers)

SeaSeeEffCee

Sorry i've been very positive all summer but the utter bollocks about not being able to book medicals has really annoyed me, what an absolute load of horse shit. So you've ballsed up replacing Hamer and now need to do a quick sweep of the domestic market, just say it.
Making excuses seems to be endemic within the club.

NorthernWisdom

Would've been hard to find a hamer replacement who would've been happy being benched when he was fit though.
Didn't / doesn't have to be the same level though, an aspiring player keen to push and take over at the right time would have been good.

Speaking of which, we don't seem to do many of the Tavares style signings any more. I know with him and the like we were bargain basement, but I'd have hoped now we have a certain amount of cash that we could maybe bring in a League One / League Two player or two who'd be happy to improve alongside better players and start to push for a first team place. When Robins spoke about 10 signings I assumed a few of those would be that type.

Another CB to progress with us but not necessarily be first team *this* season for example.

cooperskyblue

Sorry i've been very positive all summer but the utter bollocks about not being able to book medicals has really annoyed me, what an absolute load of horse shit. So you've ballsed up replacing Hamer and now need to do a quick sweep of the domestic market, just say it.
Or clubs are trying to pull our pants down regarding fees? Do you advocate that the club just pays whatever clubs want then? And overpay our valuation of a player?

fatso

Just because we spent £20m early on in the window shouldn’t detract from the fact we sold one of our best two players, haven’t replaced him and have spent no money on the midfield.
But our midfield isn't week, we sold Hamer but we still have:-

Sheaf
Eccles
Palmer
O'Hare
Allen
Sakamoto
Asari
and Kelly

All competing for 3 places. If that ain't enough I don't know what people want.

Our priorities (imho) are a left sided CH, and another Striker (maybe on loan)

TomS91

Scott McKenna likely to be surplus to requirements at Forest if they sign Chalobah. He's a left footed centre half.

Matt smith

Sheaf
Eccles
Palmer
O'Hare
Allen
Sakamoto
Asari
and Kelly

Competing for 3 places. If that ain't enough I don't know what people want.

2 of which are injured

Kasey Palmer will get injured

and Kelly is about 40

Briles

Getting a bit cringey on here, you all sound like the masses of fans of the big clubs found on Twitter whining about signings. What will be will be, one swallow doesn't make a summer etc.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Makes a decent weekend though 😉

Alkhen

Getting a bit cringey on here, you all sound like the masses of fans of the big clubs found on Twitter whining about signings. What will be will be, one swallow doesn't make a summer etc.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
a swift might tho

See Ya Reaction GIF by Travis

fatso

2 of which are injured

Kasey Palmer will get injured

and Kelly is about 40
Palmer only has to last until O'hare is back which ain't too far away now.
And I think Asari could be a great addition.

Kelly is still only 33, so plenty of life left in him for cover when required. (Fadz is a great example of experience over youth)

Saddlebrains

Sheaf
Eccles
Palmer
O'Hare
Allen
Sakamoto
Asari
and Kelly

All competing for 3 places. If that ain't enough I don't know what people want.

Bar Sheaf, Callum and Ayari that midfield is average at best. Take them 3 out that's a relegation battling midfield

TomRad85

I'll pay for a private medical for someone coming from abroad if Will King shaves my testicles with one of his finest.

CCFCSteve

Agreed. As soon as he turned down our contract

That was start off the summer though. At the time we were receiving lowball offers. The options were

1) Sell hamer at lowball price and buy ok replacement/cheaper other players

or

2) Gamble on buying better more expensive replacement/other players in advance and hope someone pays proper price for hamer. If nobody does we have to sell him for low ball offer or he goes on a free next summer, meaning we would be millions out of pocket and in financial hole

or

3) Wait to get best price giving us more to play with for better players but risk that less players would be available and/or other clubs would be in for same smaller pool of players. In the meantime hope that Hamer might have a change of heart and sign new deal

We went for option 3 and still managed to get Ayari in. Probably right call albeit frustrating. Still got cash available for today/Jan/next summer though

robbiekeane

Way back in January Gyo agreed with the club he was off in the summer barring promotion. Plenty of time to then identify targets on that basis and we acted pretty quickly thereafter. As for Hamer, even though he behaved in pretty much the opposite way we should have had a strong inkling that the same was likely to happen.

Santiago Hezze who signed for Olympiakos the other week and had Anderlecht in for him earlier in the summer for under £3m is just one example of the type of player you could get by acting semi quickly.
Mate what planet do you live on. Do you think we can just have a long list of replacements lined up and their clubs are somehow bound to agree to a number regardless of what happens next and just hang around hoping we pull the trigger if we sell someone?

We obviously had a list of replacements but just aren’t willing to get the piss taken out of us on price

Saddlebrains

Kelly is still only 33, so plenty of life left in him for cover when required. (Fadz is a great example of experience over youth)

Id take a Sari in midfield now tbh. Covers a lot

Matt smith

Agreed on ayari

Brighton Sky Blue

Mate what planet do you live on. Do you think we can just have a long list of replacements lined up and their clubs are somehow bound to agree to a number regardless of what happens next and just hang around hoping we pull the trigger if we sell someone?

We obviously had a list of replacements but just aren’t willing to get the piss taken out of us on price
Look into how Toulouse do their transfer business. Have a longer list of targets, do your best to negotiate a fee and then quickly move on if you can’t. As an alternative to investing more time and effort into an individual target at a time.

They were newly promoted into Ligue 1 last season so not exactly big spenders.

Users who are viewing this thread