Transfer targets (6 Viewers)

TomRad85

9 hours to go... get your gear ready everyone.
joel mchale pitchfork GIF by NETFLIX

rexo87

Getting a few excuses in on medicals for European players anyway. The simple answer is Hamer arsed us around, left too late, we didn’t have a plan and clubs took the piss with valuations.
Yeah we should have had a long list of Hamer replacements really

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Briles

Im not directly involved. My last update was 8am this morning.

I didn’t share until @Briles did.

it was left with me that the deal is off unless West Brom cave in, which they may given their financial situation.

I don’t know more than that ….

Not sure why people are so sceptical. I have nothing to gain in sharing this but j thought other fans might be interested.

Glad you've got the flack for this 😂

Briles

Succession plan for a player as vital to the team as Hamer should have been ready to go the moment he left.

Agreed. As soon as he turned down our contract

Brighton Sky Blue

Succession plan for a player as vital to the team as Hamer should have been ready to go the moment he left.
Way back in January Gyo agreed with the club he was off in the summer barring promotion. Plenty of time to then identify targets on that basis and we acted pretty quickly thereafter. As for Hamer, even though he behaved in pretty much the opposite way we should have had a strong inkling that the same was likely to happen.

Santiago Hezze who signed for Olympiakos the other week and had Anderlecht in for him earlier in the summer for under £3m is just one example of the type of player you could get by acting semi quickly.

Hobo

You can do something with effort and still do it badly
Just like you can have a plan, work hard at it and things still don't work out.

Bigger and more resourced clubs than ours have failed to land their transfer targets before now.

TomRad85

Way back in January Gyo agreed with the club he was off in the summer barring promotion. Plenty of time to then identify targets on that basis and we acted pretty quickly thereafter. As for Hamer, even though he behaved in pretty much the opposite way we should have had a strong inkling that the same was likely to happen.

Santiago Hezze who signed for Olympiakos the other week and had Anderlecht in for him earlier in the summer for under £3m is just one example of the type of player you could get by acting semi quickly.
I'm trying to hold off until after the deadline to give final thoughts but i think we've a right to be annoyed if they don't do anything. We are still 6 short of what Robins promised, since then, we have also lost Hamer. We did however receive 15 million for Hamer and the idea there's nothing we can do to fill the gap because bless them they've tried their best is embarrassing. Tbh i'd say we need a minimum of 3 more, which most agreed a while back, but expectations are getting lower and lower as the days and hours go by.

Briles

I do wonder if we'd have won all our games until now with simms and haji on 3 goals each, whether Robins would be saying we still need bodies. Not saying its an admission that he's not got what he wants but, its surely just about a hamer replacement

TomRad85

I do wonder if we'd have won all our games until now with simms and haji on 3 goals each, whether Robins would be saying we still need bodies. Not saying its an admission that he's not got what he wants but, its surely just about a hamer replacement
Tbh most people agreed we would ideally want another CM even before Hamer left.

Alkhen

I'm trying to hold off until after the deadline to give final thoughts but i think we've a right to be annoyed if they don't do anything. We are still 6 short of what Robins promised, since then, we have also lost Hamer. We did however receive 15 million for Hamer and the idea there's nothing we can do to fill the gap because bless them they've tried their best is embarrassing. Tbh i'd say we need a minimum of 3 more, which most agreed a while back, but expectations are getting lower and lower as the days and hours go by.
He didn't 'Promise' though did he

Briles

Tbh most people agreed we would ideally want another CM even before Hamer left.

I couldn't see him dropping Eccles mind so it'd have been a bench warmer with Hamer still here

Briles

We needed someone in the Hamer mould for when Hamer wasn't playing, was subbed etc, as we're now seeing. Now just 1 player like that will do.

Would've been hard to find a hamer replacement who would've been happy being benched when he was fit though.

Briles

Sorry i've been very positive all summer but the utter bollocks about not being able to book medicals has really annoyed me, what an absolute load of horse shit. So you've ballsed up replacing Hamer and now need to do a quick sweep of the domestic market, just say it.

Perhaps a deal/target fell through in the week who knows. Doubt they'd be that short sighted

Users who are viewing this thread