Transfer targets (11 Viewers)

Pezza

I'm not sure if we were ever even in for him but one of the player's some of the people here liked to mention was Basel's Wouter Burger. He's just gone to Stoke on a 4 year deal.

Samo

I'm not sure if we were ever even in for him but one of the player's some of the people here liked to mention was Basel's Wouter Burger. He's just gone to Stoke on a 4 year deal.

Looks like Stoke are having a go this season.

TomRad85

Burger looks a very good signing, a lot of the others are random as hell, could go either way i suppose.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Robins talking about getting one or two more in now, looks like it's going to be a disappointing end. Looks like we are going to end up short of where we need to be.

Mucca Mad Boys

Robins talking about getting one or two more in now, looks like it's going to be a disappointing end. Looks like we are going to end up short of where we need to be.
I’d rather get in 1-2 players than the 3 quoted if they’re well vetted players who will fit in with the culture and tactical style we play.

Too many clubs make the mistake of panicking when they lose a key player. If Barnsley were trying to take the piss with Kitching and Styles, we on to the next ones.

Offhegoes

With O'Hare, Allen and Tavares back within a month, I am not sure we are that short to be honest. Maybe CB

SBT

Burger? Hope King gets a good grilling on why we missed out on signing him.

slowpoke

I’d rather get in 1-2 players than the 3 quoted if they’re well vetted players who will fit in with the culture and tactical style we play.
But we are short in numbers squad wise, talking outfield 8 of last years squad have left, we have signed 9 our subs bench was weak last season, I think another three additions is the minimum, 9 subs this season remember.

skybluecam

Obviously the sauce of those rumours wasn’t very reliable

BlueSkiesForever

I googled this ffs
But we are short in numbers squad wise, talking outfield 8 of last years squad have left, we have signed 9 our subs bench was weak last season, I think another three additions is the minimum, 9 subs this season remember.
Completely agree, the more options the better. There’s obviously a point where it can cause chaos within the team and frustration with players, i.e. Chelsea, but I think we need at least 3 more to have a solid bench week in week out, including any injuries or suspensions we pick up along the way.

Samo

You can only use 5 like last season so this is pretty irrelevant.

So you think having four on the bench that you don't really want to use is a good thing?

Mucca Mad Boys

Yes and you just have to make do. If we have to patient, then so be it. This is being billed as a 5 year process rather than a 1-2 year one. We’ve got COH and Allen to come back which will strengthen the overall squad.

A lot of teams fall blunder into making signings to fill a gap rather than vetting if the player is a good fit or not.

In short, we’ll be fine and a solid CM and CB signing would be a good return.

Martin180

I still think we will sign a quality Hamer replacement and another CB. Got three strikers so think we can make do until January should we need to
We've got Obikwu as backup and we can always go one up top with the amount of cams we have . I can see a loan coming in though

shmmeee

If we’re only getting 1-2 more I’d make it a Hamer replacement and a LCB in that order. Moore, Howley, Rus to go out.

Gives us:

Wilson/Collins
Thomas/Latibeaudiere
Fadz
LCB/Binks
MvE/Sakamoto
Dasilva/Bidwell
CM/Eccles
Sheaf/Kelly
Ayari/O’Hare/Palmer/Allen
Simms/Wright/Godden/Tavares

23 plus the kids. That would do I reckon.

NorthernWisdom

If we’re only getting 1-2 more I’d make it a Hamer replacement and a LCB in that order. Moore, Howley, Rus to go out.

Gives us:

Wilson/Collins
Thomas/Latibeaudiere
Fadz
LCB/Binks
MvE/Sakamoto
Dasilva/Bidwell
CM/Eccles
Sheaf/Kelly
Ayari/O’Hare/Palmer/Allen
Simms/Wright/Godden/Tavares

23 plus the kids. That would do I reckon.
Broken record, but it wouldn't be that shocking for Bidwell to go. He was set to go in January if Da Silva had come in then, came to us because he wasn't getting regular football at Swansea, and has shown himself more than capable to be a starting wing back for a decent Championship team so won't be happy sitting on the bench.

If he goes, we either accept we're mixing and matching in defence, or we're looking for a LWB to come in - maybe a younger one to develop, although didn't go overly well with Reid!

Gynnsthetonic

Broken record, but it wouldn't be that shocking for Bidwell to go. He was set to go in January if Da Silva had come in then, came to us because he wasn't getting regular football at Swansea, and has shown himself more than capable to be a starting wing back for a decent Championship team so won't be happy sitting on the bench.

If he goes, we either accept we're mixing and matching in defence, or we're looking for a LWB to come in - maybe a younger one to develop, although didn't go overly well with Reid!
Hope he stays, need a bit of steel in defence sometimes

Gynnsthetonic

I’d love it if we signed Massengo. It’ll never happen but I’d love it.
love it GIF

Users who are viewing this thread