Transfer targets (20 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

I like the way they’re going about things - the idea is to pick up these youngsters from top youth academies. The idea is that they would have technical ability

you add this to players such as Jack Clarke, Pritchard and Ross Stewart and they will be seriously good

baring in mind they made the play offs without a striker for 3 months, it’s really impressive
Clarke is leaving.

Balli001

I like the way they’re going about things - the idea is to pick up these youngsters from top youth academies. The idea is that they would have technical ability

you add this to players such as Jack Clarke, Pritchard and Ross Stewart and they will be seriously good

baring in mind they made the play offs without a striker for 3 months, it’s really impressive
If we signed similar players there would be uproar

SlowerThanPlatt

Disagree - Jobe Bellingham would have been greeted well, and the PSV and Benfica signings would be greeted with the same sort of excitement Hamer bought
The two foreign lads are a similar profile to a Josh Pask or Charlie Wakefield aren’t they? Don’t know whether their clubs wanted to keep them but they’ve got one first team appearance between them

SeaSeeEffCee

I understand the anxiety over the lack of signings, especially when we need so many in. Don’t especially buy that it’s ‘too early’ either. In the League Two promotion season we signed 8 players before July 1st and in the League One promotion season we’d signed 10 by then. It would be nice to have at least 4 or 5 new faces in for the start of pre-season.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The two foreign lads are a similar profile to a Josh Pask or Charlie Wakefield aren’t they? Don’t know whether their clubs wanted to keep them but they’ve got one first team appearance between them
I’d disagree somewhat, unlike Chelsea both PSV and Benfica have a linked pathway between their first team and youth academies.

time will tell if they’re any good, but I’d be quietly excited at these types of signings

Dec-ccfc

We are clearly waiting for a finalised budget and banking on the Gyokeres money before we prioritise targets, frustrating but saves us downgrading options when we may get first choices with a better budget.

JimmyHillsbeard

They keep adding some decent youngsters to their squad.

Anyone happen to know how many work permit/ immigration points this bloke would merit? This could be proof that there’s a serious relaxation of the rules that prevented Rente joining us last season.

Last edited:

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

We are clearly waiting for a finalised budget and banking on the Gyokeres money before we prioritise targets, frustrating but saves us downgrading options when we may get first choices with a better budget.
Which would suggest our budget is severely limited, and we’d need to replace 10 players. Say Gyokeres gets an ACL injury whilst in Sweden and we can’t sell what happens then?

SBAndy

Do we know they’re foreign and weren’t just some of the players still on holiday? After all, that’s why we can’t sign anyone.

Balli001

Disagree - Jobe Bellingham would have been greeted well, and the PSV and Benfica signings would be greeted with the same sort of excitement Hamer bought
No they wouldn't. We wait so long for a signing then we get kids from abroad. You are reaching here to think they would be considered fantastic signings.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

No they wouldn't. We wait so long for a signing then we get kids from abroad. You are reaching here to think they would be considered fantastic signings.
Time will tell. I personally like the club trying to find gems from abroad. I never said they’d be considered “fantastic” I said there would be intrigue - as there was when Hamer signed.

at the moment we’ve signed a left back from Bristol City. I somehow doubt if we’d announced two youngsters from PSV and Benfica fans would be up in arms about it

Ccfcisparks

Time will tell. I personally like the club trying to find gems from abroad. I never said they’d be considered “fantastic” I said there would be intrigue - as there was when Hamer signed.

at the moment we’ve signed a left back from Bristol City. I somehow doubt if we’d announced two youngsters from PSV and Benfica fans would be up in arms about it
What about a German Youth international winger and a Marseille academy graduate?

Perryccfc

This your first summer on here?

Dec-ccfc

I thought part of the King era was to not be so dependent on actually selling somebody before investing?
Well I think it’s quite obvious so far it is a massive improvement but this could be MR and the scouting department pausing to see what we have available rather then doing a supermarket sweep for the low hanging fruit. We could potentially go and get 4-6 young players who fit the Hamer/sheaf/gyokeres style signing and set the club up for future profit.

Balli001

I forgot every team had made mass signings already. Silly me

fernandopartridge

Well I think it’s quite obvious so far it is a massive improvement but this could be MR and the scouting department pausing to see what we have available rather then doing a supermarket sweep for the low hanging fruit. We could potentially go and get 4-6 young players who fit the Hamer/sheaf/gyokeres style signing and set the club up for future profit.
What's this got to do with my post which was in response to another implying that we were waiting to sell Gyokeres?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

DrPoolittle

No, I’m just hoped we’d have a bit more about us under King. At the moment it looks like our whole window hinges on Gyokeres being sold.
But King told us that.

Doug King made it clear: additional money for transfers has to come from increased ticket sales. Or player sales.

There is no intent to invest more than that

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

But King told us that.

Doug King made it clear: additional money for transfers has to come from increased ticket sales. Or player sales.

Suggesting 3 years in the play offs out of 5 would really require a bit of investment. If Gyokeres opts to stay, and go on a free - what do we do then?

we need at least 10 players. As I said before - it’s not different to having SISU

fernandopartridge

But King told us that.

It shouldn't necessarily mean that the sequencing needs to be sell first then buy, otherwise what's different to when SISU were in charge?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread