Transfer targets (9 Viewers)

Northeast sky blue

Be interesting to see when the released players list comes out; will seem harsh after yesterday but Kelly, Dabo, Walker and Rose all gone?

Doyle, Cuffy, Ebanks Blake, Panzo, McNally all back to parent Clubs.

Vik and I think Gus gone.

That’s a massive churn we’re effectively looking for 11 players this summer.

Not even sure where we start.
I may be on my own here but I think Kelly is worth another 12 months contract, as for Dabo, Rose and Walker I think they'll all be released, if Vik and Gus will both go, then I think we're going to need, like you say at least 11 new players

mark82

No doubt we can go for those two lads from Stevenage now, oh how lovely….

Part of what we need to do is build squad depth. Not sure if there is anything in the Stevenage players but if there is I'm sure we'll have scouted them and deem them appropriate.

Terry Gibson's perm

I may be on my own here but I think Kelly is worth another 12 months contract, as for Dabo, Rose and Walker I think they'll all be released, if Vik and Gus will both go, then I think we're going to need, like you say at least 11 new players

A few weeks ago I would have thought you were taking the piss with Kelly but I think he has done enough for a new deal if the money is right.

The rest I agree with plus others like Waghorn.

Deity

A few weeks ago I would have thought you were taking the piss with Kelly but I think he has done enough for a new deal if the money is right.

The rest I agree with plus others like Waghorn.
I totally agree with you. I suspect the issue is that Kelly wants to play regularly and we can’t guarantee that and his injury track record is too poor to offer him anything other than a pay as you play bias package.

Winny the Bish

Vik and Gus are gone. Accept it. They want top flight football, have earned it and we know they’re being scouted. It’s time to cash in.

Say we get £20m for the two. 11 new players needed.

2-3 free transfers (Dasilva etc)
2-5 loanees
Spend average of £2m on 6 perm signings to form a new spine of the team. Which shouldn’t be crazy, the Brentford model shows you have to invest to produce more big sales down the line.
Save the extra £8m for wages and club costs.

That’s 10-14 new signings. And completely doable if Doug is serious.

Add those players to Wilson, Fadz, Bidwell, Sheaf, Allen, Eccles, Godden, Palmer and O’Hare and we could finally have the strength in depth we’ve been badly lacking ever since entering this league. Plus you’ve still got enough big characters and hard workers in there where the hard-working culture that is a massive part of our success won’t change.

zuni

Get rid of dabs…not because of the pen miss, just not good enough for what we need now Unfortunately
has Ryan Giles signed for borough?

try for Yates to replace vik…try hard to keep gus, keep Kelly for bench if he agrees which he prob won’t
try and get mcnally and doyle long shot but hey ho

deffo let Duffy go back and stay there didn’t rate him tbh not ready yet

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I think JWE and BNC would be quality after a good pre season, I’d try and signe Esbrand on a permanent as he’s probably the most likely of the two to be let go by the parent club as he’s older

larry_david

Agree, grown into the team, still raw but the ability and power is there, a full season with us and could be a useful asset. Think JWE is an exciting prospect but not seen too much of him, he could do with a league 1 loan to get experience
Brooke was then only player in thr first half who looked up for the fight. And then ran himself into the ground.

Jwe is another I'd take for the season. He showed something and I think he'll get better and better

Terry Gibson's perm

I would be happy to have the two young full backs for next season we have spent six months knocking off some of the rough edges and could benefit next year. I would keep Bidwell but I think he may be off. Dabo his race is run here not because of the penalty he just doesn’t contribute going forward and isn’t the best defender.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I would be happy to have the two young full backs for next season we have spent six months knocking off some of the rough edges and could benefit next year. I would keep Bidwell but I think he may be off. Dabo his race is run here not because of the penalty he just doesn’t contribute going forward and isn’t the best defender.
I like Bidwell but we need someone more dynamic if we are to progress perhaps this dasilva could be that

stevefloyd

I didn't like Bidwell at the start but I thought he was very good yesterday as a defender but we need more of a threat like Giles provides because very little comes from Bidwell in the form of chances created

Hertsccfc

I think JWE and BNC would be quality after a good pre season, I’d try and signe Esbrand on a permanent as he’s probably the most likely of the two to be let go by the parent club as he’s older
Wilson-Esbrand looks the more talented of the two and I would be very surprised if Man City let him go.

shepardo01

The club will be ready for this. This was the expected outcome until a few weeks ago.

Losing Vik and Hamer is devastating but if we can get to a 7-8 players who are top championship players then we could be stronger.
Not sure we will be stronger.
Going to be a MASSIVE task to replace Hamer... this has become more apparent at the back end of the season with him more or less single handedly dragging us through games...

NorthernWisdom

Going to be a MASSIVE task to replace Hamer... this has become more apparent at the back end of the season with him more or less single handedly dragging us through games...

Agree with you but disagree. Every chance our league position could slip next season, but if we got four or five in development rather than our one or two, then we could at least have firmer foundations to build on.

But yeah, our tactics changed to a pragmatic defend defend defend, punt to Gyokeres and let him take on the world, so we will need to adapt for sure.

NWSkyblue

Definately need defenders. Only have bidwell and mcfadzean left. Midfield is quite strong if free from injury. One to replace hamer if goes. 2 strikers to replace gyokeres if he goes.....
Hope mcnally stays. Doyle prob go on loan to premiership team or abroad to top flight club.

Yorkshire SB

Yeah I’m not sure either, but we’ll try to and the quality of the squad isn’t great at the moment.

SBAndy

If nothing else, this highlights that we need to invest across the team as a whole. The chances of us landing players the quality of Vik and Hamer for even a quarter of the fee they’d bring in is slim. With so much concentrated between two, there is an inherent risk that a single injury scuppers your season. Look at Luton, I don’t think they have any standout players (Morris got a high tally but he’s more a product of their functional nature rather than a superstar in his own right) but they work well as a team.

no_loyalty

I’d definitely sign Sonny Bradley on a free.

Terry Gibson's perm

If the big two are going let’s tell their agents to get on with it we don’t want it to be weeks before we can bring in replacements.

stupot07

Personally I would rather bring more experience in. Players 23-25 years old just about to hit their peaks, so still room for development, and I would rather not sign loan players unless they are with the view to a permanent. We should have £20m+ to play with next season with the sales of Gus and Vik.

I would sign Doyle and McNally, but I'd give BNC and JWE a miss next season. BNC did improve as the season progressed, and had a decent second half yesterday, but we need better in all areas of the pitch if we want to improve.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

skybluecb

Keep Hamer offer him new contract and pay him premiership wages, build team round him, use Gyo transfer money buy a few decent players some young good loan players from premiership clubs again and I can't see why we can't challenge again. Don't forget we also have best manager in league

baldy

Get rid of dabs…not because of the pen miss, just not good enough for what we need now Unfortunately
has Ryan Giles signed for borough?

try for Yates to replace vik…try hard to keep gus, keep Kelly for bench if he agrees which he prob won’t
try and get mcnally and doyle long shot but hey ho

deffo let Duffy go back and stay there didn’t rate him tbh not ready yet

Richard Duffy? Didn’t realise he was back yet again

shmmeee

If Doug’s got half a business brain he’ll decouple the rebuild from the sales as much as possible with a bridging loan or something. In terms of income we want to squeeze every last drop, in terms of outgoing we want to move asap.

Users who are viewing this thread