Transfer targets (35 Viewers)

slowpoke

Fingers crossed that Vik stays fit for the remainder of the season and keeps escalating his value by banging goals in.
The ultimate is a bidding war.
Chelsea are saying there’s been no bid, Man United new owner is saying they need a centre-forward. Going to be an interesting month.

Chris1987

Chelsea are saying there’s been no bid, Man United new owner is saying they need a centre-forward. Going to be an interesting month.
I'm not anticipating anything until the end of the season unless Manure slap in a bid matching the release clause.

Sky Blue Harry H

Like most I’ve no idea on MRs thoughts but we have the £15 million Hamer money and possibly double that should Gyokeres move that’s £30 million all told I assume in the recruitment pot a cheeky bid might succeed.
I think you'd need to be a lot closer to the club's finances to make those assumptions. We will have had increased outgoings with wages with the likes of Wright, Simms, MvE, Kitching, Thomas, renewal of Sheaf's contract etc etc. To assume all of our income/costs match up, outside of Vik/Gus' transfer fees is naive.

Tomh111

I don’t think Vik will go anywhere in January
Agree - He seems to have both a good agent and his head switched on.

The move to Portugal from us was a brilliant one, I'd argue that as a league it's weaker than the Championship (albeit with 3/4 teams that are prem quality).

Allows him to continue to improve, as well as bumping his stats against garbage. Then as we have seen recently, youngish players from Portugal are seen as an option for top European sides, in a way he wouldn't have been viewed here.

He sticks out the season and continues to score for them and then pushes his move at the end of the year, like he did here, then he should have a few clubs to pick from and not a forced/rapid move in January that seems to go wrong more than it goes right.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

mrtrench

Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

PARK LIFE

procdoc

Agree - He seems to have both a good agent and his head switched on.

The move to Portugal from us was a brilliant one, I'd argue that as a league it's weaker than the Championship (albeit with 3/4 teams that are prem quality).

Allows him to continue to improve, as well as bumping his stats against garbage. Then as we have seen recently, youngish players from Portugal are seen as an option for top European sides, in a way he wouldn't have been viewed here.

He sticks out the season and continues to score for them and then pushes his move at the end of the year, like he did here, then he should have a few clubs to pick from and not a forced/rapid move in January that seems to go wrong more than it goes right.

Robins said last night that Vik is always in a rush to get to the next level, which was interesting and gives a glimpse into Viks mindset. He joked he’s looking forward to getting a piece of the 100 million haha

JSL

I think you'd need to be a lot closer to the club's finances to make those assumptions. We will have had increased outgoings with wages with the likes of Wright, Simms, MvE, Kitching, Thomas, renewal of Sheaf's contract etc etc. To assume all of our income/costs match up, outside of Vik/Gus' transfer fees is naive.
Not to mention ground rent, which going by MA's past record will not be insignificant

Tomh111

Robins said last night that Vik is always in a rush to get to the next level, which was interesting and gives a glimpse into Viks mindset. He joked he’s looking forward to getting a piece of the 100 million haha
That's interesting. It shows how outward and inward attitudes can be totally different

Tomh111

I don’t think Vik ever suggested he was happy to play in the championship this season ….
No, I didn't say he did.

But he always appeared to have a calm and rational approach to his career - not a desperation to jump up at the first option.

Alkhen

Vik is sensible, unless someone desperate triggers his clause he'll stick out the season at Lisbon. I said in the summer moving to Portugal was a masterstroke bigger shop window and the good chance he can fill his boots goal wise. His stock can only rise there really.

Hopefully any deal for him in the summer gets done nice and early so we can plan spending accordingly.

Sky Blue Pete

Vik is sensible, unless someone desperate triggers his clause he'll stick out the season at Lisbon. I said in the summer moving to Portugal was a masterstroke bigger shop window and the good chance he can fill his boots goal wise. His stock can only rise there really.

Hopefully any deal for him in the summer gets done nice and early so we can plan spending accordingly.
Yeah good post

SBAndy

We are building a Brighton esque recruitment model. Very exciting times. Hope to see us expand our reach to South America as well.

Can’t see it until we get to the PL. With the cap on foreign players (of sorts) I don’t think it’d be good use of resources just yet.

procdoc

Vik’s move was everything Hamers wasn’t.

A long term plan over short term gain.
I disagree to an extent. Robins said Hamer has a similar mindset as Vik and wants to play at the top level. Going to Sheffield Utd meant that he got to play in the top flight.
Where I do agree with you is that it’s not exactly working out as planned for Hamer so far and he will likely find himself back in the championship next season

Viktor17

I disagree to an extent. Robins said Hamer has a similar mindset as Vik and wants to play at the top level. Going to Sheffield Utd meant that he got to play in the top flight.
Where I do agree with you is that it’s not exactly working out as planned for Hamer so far and he will likely find himself back in the championship next season
But that’s exactly it - he will find himself back in champ, not overly covered himself in glory (in team struggling)

what’s his next move? Yes he’s got paid money, but he’s back to where he was after playoffs in career.

he could have had another solid 6months/season and got a better quality team - then your performances likely better and on you go.

We all want to see him go well (as we have financial reason also if he’s sold for profit) but it was a really short sighted move, but there we are!

David O'Day

gus thought there would be more teams interested, there was and against advice he panic moved to Sheffield

shmmeee

But that’s exactly it - he will find himself back in champ, not overly covered himself in glory (in team struggling)

what’s his next move? Yes he’s got paid money, but he’s back to where he was after playoffs in career.

he could have had another solid 6months/season and got a better quality team - then your performances likely better and on you go.

We all want to see him go well (as we have financial reason also if he’s sold for profit) but it was a really short sighted move, but there we are!

He’ll be on triple the wage with a season of PL football under his belt. He’ll be in a much better position than if he’d stayed.

TomRad85

Hamers not been great in the Prem, in fact I think we have players now who would be better in it than Hamer, albeit in different positions. However I still think he'd do an OK job in even a slightly better team, but he moved to the blunts who are absolutely horrendous.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Diogenes

You also need to be mindful of the disparity of potential between the two.

Gyokeres has the potential to make it at a team that competes in the champions league, Hamer on the other hand I would say mid table prem team at best.

Their moves are probably quite similar relative to where they will end up long term.

Edit: that being said - anyone could have seen that Sheff Utd would have a disastrous season.

Seeing how often he is at the CBS and our trajectory, you have to think that be surely must have some regrets.

Saddlebrains

Either way if not now he will move in the summer for the £100 million

15% of the profit from Sporting gives us £12 million quid

Add that whatever is outstanding from Gus after this window, looking like 6 or 7 million, the wages from Moore Fadz and Kelly going at the end of the year and thats a very very healthy pot indeed

Even taking a few million for the next few years running costs, we could have a good 12 - 14 million to get in the 2 or 3 players of top end championship quality to give us a real tilt at automatics next season

shmmeee

Hamer is 26, signed a four year deal. The way he looks after himself I can’t see him playing until 40. I think he’s done alright by himself.

shmmeee

Either way if not now he will move in the summer for the £100 million

15% of the profit from Sporting gives us £12 million quid

Add that whatever is outstanding from Gus after this window, looking like 6 or 7 million, the wages from Moore Fadz and Kelly going at the end of the year and thats a very very healthy pot indeed

Even taking a few million for the next few years running costs, we could have a good 12 - 14 million to get in the 2 or 3 players of top end championship quality to give us a real tilt at automatics next season

And O’Hares wages which won’t be cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread