Transfer targets (28 Viewers)

TomRad85

I think after getting carried away initially I've now accepted it'll likely be deadline day and underwhelming. If I think this way, anything else is a bonus.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

long way home

Callum is going to be the key to which way the club go. Robins knows this which is why he is stated, its up to Doug when asked on general transfer questions.

Doug has a value in mind for Callum and he also knows names on the list to replace if Callun decides to move on. That probably is the most important part we as fans don't know or consider.

CovLad94

Callum is going to be the key to which way the club go. Robins knows this which is why he is stated, its up to Doug when asked on general transfer questions.

Doug has a value in mind for Callum and he also knows names on the list to replace if Callun decides to move on. That probably is the most important part we as fans don't know or consider.
I'd have thought we would have added anyway regardless of the Callum situation, crying out for another natural winger and a CM, Doug said we'd be 'bold' in this window, which means they will spend, just a bit dead atm not even a whisper, could be a good thing though.

shmmeee

Didn’t all the rumours prettt much come from abroad just before the transfer in the summer?

Kitch and MvE seem to be the only ones I remember a bit of speculation about before they signed but could be forgetting. Robins/CCFC generally is pretty good at operational security.

mmttww

Worth remembering that as far as I can remember, until it was basically done and media stuff was being filmed, there was no chat about most of the bigger signings in the summer. Don't remember any Tw*tter chat about Wright, Simms or Sakamoto until the day of, or the day before.

Deity

Worth remembering that as far as I can remember, until it was basically done and media stuff was being filmed, there was no chat about most of the bigger signings in the summer. Don't remember any Tw*tter chat about Wright, Simms or Sakamoto until the day of, or the day before.
All 3 were leaked before the announcement …

Tats was actually pictured flying out to the pre season tour with the squad ….Wright was leaked in Turkey … Simms only on the day from memory

shmmeee

I'd have thought we would have added anyway regardless of the Callum situation, crying out for another natural winger and a CM, Doug said we'd be 'bold' in this window, which means they will spend, just a bit dead atm not even a whisper, could be a good thing though.

It’s about what we add tho. Cal goes this window we need a replacement. He signs and we have less money in the budget. He says he’ll stay until summer and we need to allocate funds to replace him. Etc.

shmmeee

Tats was actually pictured flying out to the pre season tour with the squad ….Wright was leaked in Turkey … Simms only on the day from memory

Rhe Tatsu one was hilarious. But sure the rumour only appeared in foreign press just before he actually signed.

CovLad94

Latibeaudiere spotted through the curtains from one of the hotel rooms doing his interview was one I remember 😆

Manchester_sky_blue

You're right but all 3 were done fairly quickly after the news leaked. I expect this window will be similar. Players we've never heard of and next to no speculation for undisclosed fees.

mmttww

Yeah, but only once they were done. I'm making the point that there was no chat or rumours about any of them being linked before they were basically already done, if not announced. Absence of rumours doesn't mean anything. We're also about five working days in to Jan! People need to be chill.

Winny the Bish

Sakamoto had 1 story in the Belgian press and was then pictured with the squad a day or 2 later.
Wright was reported by a Tier 1 Turkish journo and then was snapped by the bush lurker a day or 2 later.
Simms we were linked with by the Mail alongside Swansea, Stoke and Ipswich. He officially signed 4 days later.

slowpoke

Robins will have studied and discussed the players he will go after making sure they fit our style of play.
The only strong rumour seems to be the lad from Notts County but that might be rubbish.
I love the way Robins conducts his transfer business which is generally succesful.

larry_david

Heard we are after Langstaff on loan initially with a view to buy + fringe player to notts county on loan
IF, and it's a big IF, this is true. They'll be after a striker. They only have Langstaff and McGoldrick, their third choice is out for the season.

skybluecam

Heard we are after Langstaff on loan initially with a view to buy + fringe player to notts county on loan
Swap loan of Tavares for Langstaff would be criminal.

If that’s true I can only see it being for Godden and I’m not sure about that.

TomRad85

Can't see why they would agree to that.
Not unless it's a guaranteed purchase in the summer (maybe for FFP reasons.. no idea really?) No way they essentially send him on trial for half a season for us to see if he can cut it or not.
Someone check this posters ITK credentials please.

gspotgaz

Not unless it's a guaranteed purchase in the summer (maybe for FFP reasons.. no idea really?) No way they essentially send him on trial for half a season for us to see if he can cut it or not.
Someone check this posters ITK credentials please.

I’ve been posting on here for years haha. Just passing on what I’ve heard from a solid source. I’ve got better things to do than make up false rumours.

TomRad85

I’ve been posting on here for years haha. Just passing on what I’ve heard from a solid source. I’ve got better things to do than make up false rumours.
Have you had ITK information before though? This is important stuff, we're starved of rumours.

gspotgaz

Have you had ITK information before though? This is important stuff, we're starved of rumours.

I usually hear bits and bobs (not everything) before they’re announced. It’s all a bit 3rd hand info what I get so by no means saying it’s gospel.

Paxman II

We have a good squad with good ack up in most positions the envy of many in this league. What we lack for a push to the playoffs is a strong midfielder with a real presence to turn a game like Hamer could do on his day. But who? And at what price are we willing to pay to get him?

Users who are viewing this thread