Transfer targets (21 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Trying to work out whose shit troll alter ego you are?

Literally only ever post negativity. at least try and hide it :sleep:
No one, just think it's a joke that Hamer was sold three weeks ago and we've only got one loan into show for it since.

Something has gone wrong somewhere.

Sky Blue Harry H

All well and good to say club are taking there time and don't want to rush, but do people really think in 12 months time the transfer fees and wages won't be more inflated than they are right now.

The Hamer money might buy three w
quality players right now, in 12 months time that money may only be able to afford two quality players
6.2% one year fixed term bond should cover the inflated costs. You have got really worked up over the last couple of days. Slowly, slowly catchy monkey.

pusbccfc

slowpoke

I think the squad already has far more depth than least year and whilst I'd love another couple of signings I think we have enough to get through to January still in the hunt.
Where’s the depth ? Eight of last years squad have left and two have gone out on loan, up to now we have signed just 9 outfield players our squad is dangerously low on numbers if there’s a bit of an injury situation.

Greggs

Where’s the depth ? Eight of last years squad have left and two have gone out on loan, up to now we have signed just 9 outfield players our squad is dangerously low on numbers if there’s a bit of an injury situation.
Weaker 11, slightly stronger but far more expensive sqaud

Deity

It depends on whether you measure squad depth just by numbers or by the quality of the players in the squad.

we are lighter on numbers but I think better in quality overall.

PVA

Last year we were bringing on the likes of Howley, Maguire, Tavares and Walker.

This year we can bring on the likes of Wright, Sakamoto, Ayari as it stands, and if they start to nail down starting places then we'll have Palmer, Eccles, Godden etc to bring on.

If you have 5 or 6 injuries at a time then yes of course the squad would be weakened, but that goes for any team.

Alkhen

No one, just think it's a joke that Hamer was sold three weeks ago and we've only got one loan into show for it since.

Something has gone wrong somewhere.
Nonsense, you don't know something has gone wrong. Things take time, new options arise, deals fall through.

Atleast have your meltdown once the window has shut. They have delivered so far. We had people calling for heads because we'd only signed Dasilva, we had people shitting it about not accepting the first bid for Vik.

Give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm positive they have multiple balls in the air.

The Philosopher

Our defence / WB situation is arguably better (even taking Hyam into account this year v last year)

Midfield, worse at the moment.

Striker department? Our “main” striker, Haji is no where near Vik. Ellis Sims is better than Walker I think.

Overall, team weaker but bank balance better.

Alkhen

Our defence / WB situation is arguably better (even taking Hyam into account this year v last year)

Midfield, worse at the moment.

Striker department? Our “main” striker, Haji is no where near Vik. Ellis Sims is better than Walker I think.

Overall, team weaker but bank balance better.
To be fair to Haji, he has done more than Vik did in Viks first 3 games.

Not saying he'll get to Viks levels but we need to give the guy time

BlueSkiesForever

Steven Alzate is being allowed to leave Brighton.

Would be a hell of a signing

Definitely would be a great signing, exactly what we need, someone who can go forward and pick a long pass but also stop counter attacks.
I see absolutely no reason why we shouldn’t be aiming for this sort of signing, we’re approximately £11 mil in profit, Doug yet to spend a penny in this window, we have a great relationship with Brighton and we were one kick away from entering the Prem. We could be a top 4 championship team if we got over this mentality that Eccles, Sheaf and Kelly are good enough.

Brighton Sky Blue

Definitely would be a great signing, exactly what we need, someone who can go forward and pick a long pass but also stop counter attacks.
I see absolutely no reason why we shouldn’t be aiming for this sort of signing, we’re approximately £11 mil in profit, Doug yet to spend a penny in this window, we have a great relationship with Brighton and we were one kick away from entering the Prem. We could be a top 4 championship team if we got over this mentality that Eccles, Sheaf and Kelly are good enough for us.
We have upgraded:

GK
LWB
RWB
AM

About the same:

CB
ST

We have weakened:

DM

Get a dynamic DM in and the overall squad is stronger. But if we don’t, that midfield is going to buckle under either injuries or underperformance.

ptr

I still think (hope) we will get Liam Kitching tomorrow.

Styles supposedly has a 2 million release clause, can’t see him staying at Barnsley but think he will sign for someone else.

At least we are not going into the final day panicking about losing our best players, they’ve already gone. They will get some business done tomorrow no doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread