Transfer rumours in or out (2 Viewers)

covcity4life

Any club should always be looking for that something to improve the team, but at some point I think you have to look at it and know when to call it a day and admit the situation your in.
Unless that player will be part of plans going forwards to 2017/18.

call it a day in february

are you for real?

hill83

resigning in september s alot different to someone saying the club should stop trying in feb and admit were down.

but nice fishing for likes

giphy-downsized-large.gif

ollyservetta

i hope players don't come in and get a Wembley start , anouther kick in the teeth for the squad players that hav got us there. if slade is here still , and we win with a few journey men who hav done fuckall all season, and slade takes us down, but goes out as the manager that won us a cup , well that be it for me

steve82

call it a day in february

are you for real?

You gotta look realistically my friend... lose tonight and you could find yourself 14 points from safety. We're still having lapses, players around the new name still the same, and if this player is not ready to hit the ground running if he worth it?
Tomorrow's 1st march the seasons only another 9/10 weeks old tops and we need results yesterday...

covcity4life

You gotta look realistically my friend... lose tonight and you could find yourself 14 points from safety. We're still having lapses, players around the new name still the same, and if this player is not ready to hit the ground running if he worth it?
Tomorrow's 1st march the seasons only another 9/10 weeks old tops and we need results yesterday...

if we lose tonight he should go. we get a new manager and try to win every single game. winning should always be the aim

steve82

if we lose tonight he should go. we get a new manager and try to win every single game. winning should always be the aim

I understand your point, it's a results business... I just don't see any change being any use or benefit till the core of the squad changes. You may muster up one or two lucky wins, like we should of had in our early games and more recently. Overall it's the players as we've all said.
Managers live and die by the players at there disposal, picking up the previous managers efforts... the core group has failed all our managers over the season.
All managers stating in there own ways there's issues to why we're at our lowest season in memory

covcity4life

i do see a change of manager helping us from where we are right now. thats where we differ. i dont believe its players as i have said all along. failure to replace venus and slade will be what costs us imo

hopefully he wins tongiht and we can put off tis convo for a few days

steve82

i do see a change of manager helping us from where we are right now. thats where we differ. i dont believe its players as i have said all along. failure to replace venus and slade will be what costs us imo

hopefully he wins tongiht and we can put off tis convo for a few days

That's football, if we all had the same opinions it be boring alll we'd all be sheep..
Question.... at the end of the august window you were happy with what you'd seen personally on the pitch and confident of these players achieving safety?
There were threads left right and centre stating we was doomed... the summer build went wrong.
As I say buy in cheap flour or naff eggs no matter the chef the cake don't rise and crumbles away

covcity4life

That's football, if we all had the same opinions it be boring alll we'd all be sheep..
Question.... at the end of the august window you were happy with what you'd seen personally on the pitch and confident of these players achieving safety?
There were threads left right and centre stating we was doomed... the summer build went wrong.
As I say buy in cheap flour or naff eggs no matter the chef the cake don't rise and crumbles away

i was on holiday for first 3 games, going by highlights only i saw us still trying to play the same brand of football and results wise we werent a million miles away imo.

then i saw some games and he quit lol. but in those games i still felt only tweaks required.

i am angry he walked away. i do not beleive we were destined for this under him.

i understand there were threads about being doomed but these were people saying it before they had seen the players. they may have been right about wright agyei this time but last year they were wrong about murphy armstrong etc so im not going to give them much credit.

we dont have michellen star chefs at home but a nice home cooked meal is possible if you put stuff in properly and dont lob it in lol

I feel the same, we lost so many games by fine margins, last minute goals etc. It's such a shame that Mowbray left because he was so close to getting it right again.

It's just a shame that he clearly didn't get the support that he was promised.

Otis

I feel the same, we lost so many games by fine margins, last minute goals etc. It's such a shame that Mowbray left because he was so close to getting it right again.

I really wish he would come out and say something on the matter. Other managers have talked about being hamstrung here.

Would love to hear TM's take on things.

covcity4life

i am not sure how sisu are never seen as a factor by some fans

Pete in Portugal

If it happens at all, I think the new signing will play for us at left back. An experienced goalkeeper would be my priority, but I don't see it happening.

I really wish he would come out and say something on the matter. Other managers have talked about being hamstrung here.

He's a different manager to the rest though in fairness, another class. I wouldn't expect a guy with his demeanour to feel the need to state the obvious.

It really is frustrating though as it seemed we were 5 minutes of fitness and concentration away from a good result each week.

Now we're just shite. Practically the same squad......funny that.

better days

i was on holiday for first 3 games, going by highlights only i saw us still trying to play the same brand of football and results wise we werent a million miles away imo.

then i saw some games and he quit lol. but in those games i still felt only tweaks required.

i am angry he walked away. i do not beleive we were destined for this under him.

i understand there were threads about being doomed but these were people saying it before they had seen the players. they may have been right about wright agyei this time but last year they were wrong about murphy armstrong etc so im not going to give them much credit.

we dont have michellen star chefs at home but a nice home cooked meal is possible if you put stuff in properly and dont lob it in lol
TM said that he believed that a number of more senior players were coming to the club after he'd had initial discussions ahead of the transfer window closing in August
Only for the deals to fall through once it came to the negotiations over money
And later he seemed to imply he was getting interference from above in team selection even from the players he had available
When TM eventually resigned he said he didn't want a pay off so the club 'could spend my wages on the team'
All very sad really

steve82

Yes TM tried to play some nice stuff in the early games. So nearly worked. His problem was the players were not up to quite the standard at that time to play that way, young boys exposed. Sordell lacking belief and confidence.... many factors...
would his style of play worked on the heavier pitches with the squad over the course of the season? We still lacked leaders and the belly to dig in. Kids still growing and learning. TM told us that after most games.
TM knew this team was gonna fail inevitably, MV said it in the worst way possible, the players are not up to the league. What we all as fans think and want our manager to say, but not what the players wanna hear there manager say!

trevelfarandwide

TM said that he believed that a number of more senior players were coming to the club after he'd had initial discussions ahead of the transfer window closing in August
Only for the deals to fall through once it came to the negotiations over money
And later he seemed to imply he was getting interference from above in team selection even from the players he had available
When TM eventually resigned he said he didn't want a pay off so the club 'could spend my wages on the team'
All very sad really
This is TM in a nutshell isn't it?

SISU expected him to succeed with no support, no money and constant interference...and there are some who STILL blame TM for this season and lasts seasons decline.

He was our one hope of success with SISU in control.

steve82

if we stayed unebaton 60% of games i think we wouldnt be bottom

I don't honestly know much about Slade before he came here, but he seems absolute wank.

In 100% you'd make the play offs!

Rich, spend 2 minutes to have a look at what he's done with league one or two clubs in the time he's been there. He had the best cv out of any available managers available not tied to any job. Survived all 3 relegation jobs tasked with, took 3 sides to play off finals, built solid hard working sides for nothing at all clubs prior to Cardiff and Charlton in a nut shell
This jobs simply not come off.

In 100% you'd make the play offs!

Rich, spend 2 minutes to have a look at what he's done with league one or two clubs in the time he's been there. He had the best cv out of any available managers available not tied to any job. Survived all 3 relegation jobs tasked with, took 3 sides to play off finals, built solid hard working sides for nothing at all clubs prior to Cardiff and Charlton in a nut shell
This jobs simply not come off.

The players aren't great we know that, but there doesn't seem to be anything tactically trying to encourage any decent use of there abilities.

steve82

The players aren't great we know that, but there doesn't seem to be anything tactically trying to encourage any decent use of there abilities.

At the start I can understand there shape and reasons why we're set up that way and what it can offer. I do see your point at times in most games tho. But I put it more down to the lack of confidence and generally ability to perform at a good enough standard over the game. Players lose there shape to easy and the overall mental strength ain't there. We invite our own troubles and been at fault for most games we've dropped points.
We've no midfield general in the middle of the park to calm the game down and see us threw spells. No one to put the brakes on games and hold up to gain shape and momentum.
We've 2 keepers that sometimes rush the ball back in play and wrong times then hold onto it at times the quick balls there. Defenders that wanna play one/twos in silly areas.... Many issues are wrong, don't get me wrong there.

SkyBlueScottie

Whose mentioned his potential?

Rioch, Farndon, Pressley, Mowbray.

Not saying they were right or whether it was purely column filler, I was just querying why we gave him a short term deal, and then got rid, when we are likely going to be in league 2. If they didnt think he was good enough, get rid earlier...

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The problem with this is that, all he has to say is 'it was SISU's fault', and half our happy clappy fans would lap it up even though it doesn't paint the full picture, and as we know, it isn't true anyway.

oucho

Is it fair to say we won't be signing Richardson, Carlton Cole or any of those trialists who were with us recently?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Whoever it is, it is far too fucking late.

Yes it may only be February, but we'd have to play like Gods to get remotely close to surviving now.

Not giving up, just accepting the reality as it is. I haven't seen anything to suggest we could even beat Coventry United at the moment.

stevefloyd

Very unprofessional though... dont burn your bridges etc etc

idm1975

I will have a word with my new salesman, as he is a family member, to see what i can find out. All he has told me at the mo was about guard dogs at ryton and not being able to overnight to away games that they should have been.

Users who are viewing this thread