Transfer embargo (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
Does anyone know if we're still placed under it?

If we are that means we can't sign players right? So would this then affect King, Gunnarsson & Westwood? Could this be part of the reason we've let Quirke go?

I'd forgotten about it until my dad asked whether it was still in place!

bamalamafizzfazz

This is THE burning question. I originally thought the same but then Thorn was offered a new job. Other players such as Platt and McSheffrey have had contracts renewed also. When The initial news of The embargo came out I remember Clive on CWR say that no staff playing or not playing can sign contracts. This should be question 1 at tomorrows forum. It would not surprise me if an answer was not given though.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
as both the CCFC limted and CCFC Holdings Limited accounts are still not filed at Company House I would guess it still stands as non filing of financial information is grounds for the League to impose the embargo

Platt and McSheffery were extensions of the current contracts that had been previously signed, as such I would guess that the extra year formed part of original so didnt need a new contract

Last edited:
Sky Blues linked with Joe Murphy
Trevor Keane, 9 May 2011

Coventry City look set to replace their outgoing Irish keepers with another Irish keeper as Andy Thorn contemplates a move for Scunthorpe United and Ireland keeper Joe Murphy
Murphy was part of a Scunthorpe side that was relegated from the Championship however the 29 year old look set for a swift return if the rumours of a move to the Sky Blues are true. Coventry have been linked with the former WBA keeper on a number of occasions and could be about to get their man.
Coventry are on the lookout for a new keeper with Keiren Westwood leaving in the summer and the club deciding against offering a new contract to Irish under 21 keeper Michael Quirke.
Quirke has been told he is no longer required at the Ricoh Stadium despite breaking into this side this season, covering for the injured Westwood. The English born keeper, who made his Irish under debut against Portugal in March, will begin the search for a new club.

rob9872

Way down deep in the middle of the Fosehill,
SISU took an ageing debt, a tax bill and a quango
They put them all together,
And they threatened we’d go bango
The football league said I know, we'll call it Embargo!

Embargo, embargo, they’ve got one at the Ricoh!

Sorry :(

:)

smileycov

Facebook User
Way down deep in the middle of the Fosehill,
SISU took an ageing debt, a tax bill and a quango
They put them all together,
And they threatened we’d go bango
The football league said I know, we'll call it Embargo!

Embargo, embargo, they’ve got one at the Ricoh!

Sorry :(

:)

quality as ever!!

rob9872

Ta :)

I should get out more though

bamalamafizzfazz

Sky Blues linked with Joe Murphy
Trevor Keane, 9 May 2011

Coventry City look set to replace their outgoing Irish keepers with another Irish keeper as Andy Thorn contemplates a move for Sc-unithorpe United and Ireland keeper Joe Murphy
Murphy was part of a Sc-unithorpe side that was relegated from the Championship however the 29 year old look set for a swift return if the rumours of a move to the Sky Blues are true. Coventry have been linked with the former WBA keeper on a number of occasions and could be about to get their man.
Coventry are on the lookout for a new keeper with Keiren Westwood leaving in the summer and the club deciding against offering a new contract to Irish under 21 keeper Michael Quirke.
Quirke has been told he is no longer required at the Ricoh Stadium despite breaking into this side this season, covering for the injured Westwood. The English born keeper, who made his Irish under debut against Portugal in March, will begin the search for a new club.

Ha ha this is brilliant. Pleased about Joe Murphy but this is very lazy reporting. The Irish news bigging up all the Irish players moving and generating pure speculation. As good as British reporting lol. Apparently Quirke has 'broken into the side this season' and finally.. the Ricoh STADIUM? Brilliant!

bamalamafizzfazz

Its because of the Danny Ward loan deal, we still owe Bolton. Once thats sorted then should be off it.

Owe? for what? I know we had a very original 'pay as you DON'T play' deal but surely getting injured should void this deal or he should have come back when he was fit again so we could get our moneys worth. What a joke.

rob9872

I assume nobody else in our league wanted him either? Aidy told us we had beaten off about a dozen other sides to secure him but then I noticed he scored a couple of goals last week for a lower league team.

rob9872

Was that the fella from Emmerdale Farm?

Users who are viewing this thread