Transfer Embargo (2 Viewers)

SuperFred

According to the Daily Mail, we are one of 10 championship clubs who have been put under a transfer embargo.

chiefdave

It mentions administrative rather than financial reasons. Didn't the deadline for filing at Companies House get put back because of covid? Could be there's a EFL rule that has the original date. Bit of a non-issue when the transfer window is closed.

Frostie

What a bizarre article. Besides the headline there's practically no info there.

Says that some (if not all) are for admin reasons rather than anything financial yet apparently is an indicator of "Financial Armageddon"? Fairly certain filing of accounts was allowed to be delayed this year due to Covid so surely not that.

Daily Mail in clickbait shocker?

PVA

It mentions administrative rather than financial reasons. Didn't the deadline for filing at Companies House get put back because of covid? Could be there's a EFL rule that has the original date. Bit of a non-issue when the transfer window is closed.

I only briefly skim read it, but does it not suggest that Huddersfield and Stoke are for administrative reasons (therefore insinuating the rest are financial reasons)?

CCFC88

Wouldn’t it be linked to FFP, or whatever the EFL version is called. Expenditure as a % of turnover, given our turnover will be shirt sales and sponsorship only its hardly surprising if we have breached some sort of covenant, it sounds like most club in the championship has and we’ve decided to take our medicine in jan as opposed to this coming summer

pusbccfc

Wouldn’t it be linked to FFP, or whatever the EFL version is called. Expenditure as a % of turnover, given our turnover will be shirt sales and sponsorship only its hardly surprising if we have breached some sort of covenant, it sounds like most club in the championship has and we’ve decided to take our medicine in jan as opposed to this coming summer

If it was based on FFP the whole league would be in an embargo because they all spend above their means.

CCFC88

If it was based on FFP the whole league would be in an embargo because they all spend above their means.
Maybe the 10 have held their hands up now to avoid an embargo in the summer knowing they had no business planned for January, the rest waiting for an investigation?

Liquid Gold

Championship FFP is aggregated losses over 3 seasons.

better days

As a guess I'd say the most likely reason would be late payment of instalments on transfer fees due to other clubs

cov donkey kick

Its only tempary on club site till end of year accounts are filed when the EFL will withdraw the order and won't affect the next transfer window.

Lord_Nampil

Stoke, Luton and Huddersfield have all down the same according to companies house I’m guessing all teams have done the same! EFL punishing clubs for filling government guidelines is a Joke !

mark82

EFL in dumb rule shocker. Seems nonsense, the club haven't missed the government deadline which is what the embargo should be for. Not that it'll make any real difference but you'd think the EFL would review the rule now. They've created themselves their own admin headache.

Lord_Nampil

Norwich, Swansea, Brentford and Watford all seem to have not submitted their accounts and aren’t on that list.....

SBT

The Mail article is typically overblown, and I don’t expect this to be a big deal, but I also don’t see why we should automatically treat this as a total non-issue. Maybe people are happier to take the club at its word the day after we’ve won a big game.

Liquid Gold

The Mail article is typically overblown, and I don’t expect this to be a big deal, but I also don’t see why we should automatically treat this as a total non-issue. Maybe people are happier to take the club at its word the day after we’ve won a big game.
I wouldn’t care if it was after 10 10-0 defeats. We’ve got later to file our accounts by law and the EFL are playing dickheads with things as usual. Would have been simple enough for them to change their regulations to match companies house.

Pricey1984

Surely the fact that this has affected nearly half of the teams in the division shows this is an EFL clanger right?

Users who are viewing this thread