Transfer Embargo ? (1 Viewer)

les_miserables

Just had a text from a mate saying he believed an embargo is again now in place. Does an embargo include out goings too, if so and an embargo was engineered that is what could force SISU's hand, it would mean no money coming in, decent money anyway.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I think that Means no transfers in or out for the time being, not sure about loans though

CovisGod

Would not be suprised atall, woud certainly make sense as to why we haven't got any free transfers / cheap signings / loans in with such a bare bones squad...

PhilWasn'tBabb

Yeah it means nothing in nothing out but you can ask for special dispensation to sell a player, but I would guess that money would have to go to pay whatever money is outstanding to cause the embargo.

SISU have direct control over weather there is an embargo or not, by not paying the bills. I'm sure they'll pay up if there is the chance of selling somebody for good money.

I wonder who we owe money on, Juke I guess, he's the only person to have cost real money in the "recent" times.

PhilWasn'tBabb

I not sure why information on embargo isn't in the public domain.. surely it would go some way to shaming clubs into paying their bills.

Its also another reason why the issue surrounding club ownership needs to be sorted out, faceless "investors" who can't be held to account for their actions do the game and clubs no good what so ever.

Sbarcher

Does that mean that any kick-back if Dann is sold will be frozen from us?

Otis

It makes sense if we are!

Would certainly explain no players coming in. I keep scratching my head and thinking that Sisu surely won't just let us whither away and drop to League One without so much as a whimper. We have no money I know, but it would explain swap deals and loan deals not happening. Can't believe Sisu haven't at least been trying as long as it was prudent (sell a player for £2 millon, Thorn getting £500,000, that sort of thing).

Nick

Administrator
Last time we were we didn't find out until about 4 months later so it is not like the club would tell us this time is it?

I wonder if we are, who we haven't paid for? It should be made public!

Monkeyface

I'm really struggling to think of a legitimate reason why this sort of thing is kept quiet. I can imagine it suits the club, saves face, but why would the FA keep it quiet?

J

Jack Griffin

I'm guilty of posting that as a rumour on the Telegraph site after I saw someone had suggested the possibility on this site, I said that I believed an embargo was in place again & the Telegraph should find out if it was.

In a video piece on the Telegraph site today Alan Poole just said that there would be no signings till we sold someone, he added that the club were trying to sell Turner to Birmingham but the deal had gone cold and the only other money on the horizon was a sell on fee if Scott Dann moved.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...ventry-city-verdict-august-19-92746-29265431/

I don't know the truth, but the board should be quizzed on the issue. The lack of activity is just like the period last year before the truth about an embargo emerged, that's why I'm suspicious.

Astute

Can players sign new contract extensions if a embago is in place? Gael recently signed one so if so it can't be true.

More like we could be about to be sold so SISU won't spend money they won't recoup.

Users who are viewing this thread