Transfer and Loan Window (1 Viewer)

Happy_Martian

Can someone who is more intelligent than me (most of this forum) and explain how this thing works ?

I was under the impression that all full and permanent transfers ceased on the deadline of 11pm on Sept 1st, 2023. Any with paperwork under way were allowed to be completed. Any not started yet were null and void.

I also understood this to apply to all loan arrangements as well.

So what am I missing when BBC posts stories (regularly) about ongoing loan agreements between English and European clubs ? How can these clubs still do business while we have to sit on our arses ?

Definitely a case of Confused.com

Frostie

Can someone who is more intelligent than me (most of this forum) and explain how this thing works ?

I was under the impression that all full and permanent transfers ceased on the deadline of 11pm on Sept 1st, 2023. Any with paperwork under way were allowed to be completed. Any not started yet were null and void.

I also understood this to apply to all loan arrangements as well.

So what am I missing when BBC posts stories (regularly) about ongoing loan agreements between English and European clubs ? How can these clubs still do business while we have to sit on our arses ?

Definitely a case of Confused.com

Outgoings allowed to other countries if their transfer window is still open.

Happy_Martian

Outgoings allowed to other countries if their transfer window is still open.

That's understandable but the two clubs in question are both European (Belgium and Turkey) and their windows closed the same time as ours.

Frostie

That's understandable but the two clubs in question are both European (Belgium and Turkey) and their windows closed the same time as ours.

Only the 'Top 5' European leagues have a harmonised date. Belgium was 6th September, Turkey 8th September, others like Portugal are later still.

Happy_Martian

Only the 'Top 5' European leagues have a harmonised date. Belgium was 6th September, Turkey 8th September, others like Portugal are later still.

Wow, didn't know that. Knew there were some bright buggers on this forum :p Cheers, Frostie.

Users who are viewing this thread