Trains tomorrow (1 Viewer)

sky blue adam

Booked on the 08:50 train from Coventry but tickets came as " off peak "
I assume that means everyone with off peak tickets are going to be trying to get on the earliest off peak trains tomorrow and it's going to be mayhem ?

Anyone getting there early? Surely it has to be organised with 44 k cov fans leaving the city ?

Nick

Administrator
They are going to need a fair bit of organisation I think. Extended queue barriers etc. Signs for people who have pre booked etc.

shy_tall_knight

to any fans thinking of going via Cov station please revise your plans if you can, this is not 1987, there are not specials, these weekens services are normally quite busy anyway, from what I was told today the station are expecting problems and are employing police to coordinate the crowd control, a valid train ticket is no right to travel, you may get down but getting back will be even harder
Warwick Parkway is a better option but I cancelled that and book a coach as don't want to spend hours trying to get back after the game
Consider the kettering line to London, Kettering Wellingborough Bedford into Kings X means you'll have to drive there but you'll get there and back
Drive to North London
check out available coach travel

coop

I've got pre booked seats and paid I'm not paying again I'll be there for 8am me and two meatheads.Not really me and a couple of mates they must be organised it won't be a free for all as some people have got 9:30 and other trains booked.

sky blue adam

Issue will be when people try and get earlier trains then they originally booked
Pretty poor tbh the tickets not stating time of train on them
I'll be there from 7:30

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Issue will be when people try and get earlier trains then they originally booked
Pretty poor tbh the tickets not stating time of train on them
I'll be there from 7:30

Mine has 10:51 on it.

But have a seat reservation.

Is it the ones without a reservation that don't a specific train time?

SkyblueSpecial

I'm going Cov to leamington then leamington to Marylebone.

The leam Marylebone leg I'm not worried about as chiltern have 4 trains an hour running. However the cov leam train I am worried about as there is only 1 an hour.

I'm hoping that most going to Marylebone will have driven over to Warwick parkway so the train to leam isn't full.

shy_tall_knight

The leam Marylebone leg I'm not worried about as chiltern have 4 trains an hour running. However the cov leam train I am worried about as there is only 1 an hour.

I'm hoping that most going to Marylebone will have driven over to Warwick parkway so the train to leam isn't full.

Bad plan that was my original plan, the train will stop at Wembley Stadium l but will be full at Warwick Parkway so very difficult to join at Leamington, also after the game may take ages to get back

Brylowes

None of this affects me, but just wondering with 40000 needing to get from Coventry to London
And back again with weeks to organise, why no specials?

SkyBlueSid

None of this affects me, but just wondering with 40000 needing to get from Coventry to London
And back again with weeks to organise, why no specials?
The railways are now privatised into dozens of companies. They have to pay the network shedloads of money to run extra trains so it just isn't worth their while. They are there to make a profit now, not provide a service like they would have done in 1987.

SkyblueSpecial

The railways are now privatised into dozens of companies. They have to pay the network shedloads of money to run extra trains so it just isn't worth their while. They are there to make a profit now, not provide a service like they would have done in 1987.

If they really wanted to make a profit they would put extra trains on when the demand is there.
Strange how Chiltern can manage it but Virgin can't.

RegTheDonk

I guess thats true Sid. When buying my tickets I had to specify a time both ways. Couldn't reserve outbound seats, but do they give a cow if I have to stand all the way - or not get on at all? When you put in a time to travel which is obviously over subscribed, there should be some way to stop you from purchasing that ticket. Oh well, as long as we get there, not fussed about sitting on the floor.

Lets hope the rail staff / old bill have something in place to filter people at the station, make sure everyone who wants to travel can.

SkyblueSpecial

Bad plan that was my original plan, the train will stop at Wembley Stadium l but will be full at Warwick Parkway so very difficult to join at Leamington, also after the game may take ages to get back

I can't see that happening. If that we're the case, no Oxford fans will be able to board at Bicester.

I think with 4 trains an hour everyone will get onto a train that needs it.

no_loyalty

Another option is getting a train to New Street, then walk to Moor Street as its the first station on the Chiltern line to Wembley, I'm going from Moor Street but I'm coming from Tipton

rupert_bear

Going to New Street as early as possible coming back will be a nightmare, less trains and could be competing with Man City fans especially it we have extra time. So coming home think it's train to Watford Junction and hopefully get one to Cov that's left Euston before the hoards ger there

RegTheDonk

Another option is getting a train to New Street, then walk to Moor Street as its the first station on the Chiltern line to Wembley, I'm going from Moor Street but I'm coming from Tipton
Got on at Sandwell...currently at brum. Its pretty full but we got unreserved seats in coach U. Stops at cov in 20 mins i think

Users who are viewing this thread