Training (1 Viewer)

blunted

Bit boring with no matches. Read a couple of articles that I'm interested what the team think.
Bobby Zamora (long time ago I admit) said he decided to only use his left foot in training to make himself two footed and it worked. Even older, Ernie Hunt said he trained with a tennis ball that meant he could easily bend the larger balls.
A lot of the big continental teams now keep an older member of the playing staff on the books when they are past their sell by date to just play in the U23s. They lend their vast experience to the younger players.
Any worth in trying this with the younger players and an old hand for the U23s?
Cue piss-take replies.

FulltimeWum

Better off with the Blaze and do some skating. Core muscles are lacking in so many. Unable to balance on the turn. Their general fitness is through the stratosphere.

United did something similar with Paul McShane, he just barks at youth players.

CDK

Didn't Bobby Gould when manager play some reserve central league games alongside the team with iysden Christie who went on to Mansfield town after leaving city.

Greggs

Step forward Maxine Biamou. Joking aside, it's a great idea to have some experience within the u23s to help guide them along a bit. Not a bad gig for an aging talented pro either.

harvey098

Better off with the Blaze and do some skating. Core muscles are lacking in so many. Unable to balance on the turn. Their general fitness is through the stratosphere.

United did something similar with Paul McShane, he just barks at youth players.

Can you name an example of a players “core muscles lacking” resulting in being “unable to balance when turning”? Did you just make that up?

the rumpo kid

Bit boring with no matches. Read a couple of articles that I'm interested what the team think.
Bobby Zamora (long time ago I admit) said he decided to only use his left foot in training to make himself two footed and it worked. Even older, Ernie Hunt said he trained with a tennis ball that meant he could easily bend the larger balls.
A lot of the big continental teams now keep an older member of the playing staff on the books when they are past their sell by date to just play in the U23s. They lend their vast experience to the younger players.
Any worth in trying this with the younger players and an old hand for the U23s?
Cue piss-take replies.
They usually call them managers and coaches.

duffer

O'Hare and Dabo both very fast in straight lines, when having to deviate they fall over.

I'm not sure that's strictly true, but it did make me laugh.

Conversely I always though of Mickey Quinn and Kenny Sansom as having very low centres of gravity (mostly by dint of their huge arses). Like Weebles, for anyone who can remember "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down".

Maybe that's why there's so much diving these days. The players aren't cheating, but being thinner and taller their centres of gravity are just too high. One for the coaches to work on? :)

Users who are viewing this thread