Train ticket (1 Viewer)

CovfanDan

My ticket home from the Spurs game werent checked on the train, can i go the ticket office and say it wasnt used and get a refund? It was bought as two singles

pricey

Can you take stuff that's past it's use by date back to the supermarket and get a refund?
Behave.

Harry Krishner

If you bought it on the Internet, it will have been for a specific numbered train, and you may have to pay a surcharge after you buy another ticket to London so you can use the return ticket you have left. If you bought it at a ticket office, I don't know.

Try reading the Ts and Cs.

Cheapskate.

Gaz

Lol
Sorry Dan but you can't get a refund on your ticket.

wingy

I'm amazed they hav'nt re-trained ,forgive the pun all the guards to be "train drivers", given the shortage and subsequent cancellations.With the drive for profit at every turn i'd have thought a barrier with a swipe facility would be implemented by now .It really does my swede in that companies that run these franchises much like the energy companies can get away with way above inflation increases for an investment in a better future framework .What were taxes for ,when in effect thats what they are ,compounding that thing they're increased by ,Inflation!!!!!!!:facepalm::mad: :jerkit: Rant Over.:pimp:

Brighton Sky Blue

To the OP: If you booked them online and they weren't advance tickets, then you can get them refunded as the train companies don't have any means of proving that you've used the ticket. However, they also take off a £10 refund processing charge which means you'd be conning them for what, £10-20 tops?

wal3590

I ended up getting home at 1am sunday morning after one too many sherbets in tottenham, got to euston to find the last train to nuneaton had already departed so ended up in northampton.. Great day out ha

North York’s Blue

The train companies don't exactly help themselves. I use the trains fairly regulalrly but probably only have my ticket checked once every 7-8 trips; I always have a ticket but imagine that there must be some who travel between stations without automated barriers who take the risk and travel without. In theory the more people who have tickets means more revenue for the train operators which 'should' keep prices stable/lower.

aviles

I used to pay for tickets but not since the last price increase im not prepared to pay £6 for a single ticket two trainstations away and stand waiting for an extra 15 mins because the train is delayed 9 times out of 10. London Midlands are useless.

CovfanDan

Blimey, was only asking lads, are some of you inspectors on the train? Cost me £26.50 so thought it might be worth a go, thats all.

aviles

i only pay if the inspector comes through and asks for my ticket which is very rare. Poor service and poor time keeping !

spwaverley4916

Wingy,

I'm amazed they hav'nt re-trained ,forgive the pun all the guards to be "train drivers", given the shortage and subsequent cancellations._(they would then have to pay the guards train drivers wages and still have to have another guard to do ticket clipping on the train and carryout train protection duties in the event of a mishap --- so more cost)
With the drive for profit at every turn i'd have thought a barrier with a swipe facility would be implemented by now ( which would have to be 'manned' whilst in operation for health and safety legislation and to allow less abled people through the barrier Hence no saving and more cost) .

wingy

Wingy,

I'm amazed they hav'nt re-trained ,forgive the pun all the guards to be "train drivers", given the shortage and subsequent cancellations._(they would then have to pay the guards train drivers wages and still have to have another guard to do ticket clipping on the train and carryout train protection duties in the event of a mishap --- so more cost)
With the drive for profit at every turn i'd have thought a barrier with a swipe facility would be implemented by now ( which would have to be 'manned' whilst in operation for health and safety legislation and to allow less abled people through the barrier Hence no saving and more cost) .

All very true of course but you get my drift.In no way advocating such manouvres are a possibility just that the way this country is run some think tank representative somewhere will be mulling such folly.

spwaverley4916

trust me it will not belong before we are back to the old system of Regional Railways. On many routes there are already alliances between the train operating companies (TOCS)and Network Rail ( who do the maintenece side of things) with the view that working closer together the TOCS will know what NR require and visa versa. it's all very complicated at the moment and forever changing. although not a nationalised system it's the goverment who fund improvements but also insist on savings from NR in budget terms on the mntnce costs on a 4yearly basis. So because of the savings NR charge more to the TOCS for the mntnce and hence the TOCS put the fares up. ( very simplifiedview)

Users who are viewing this thread