Train strike 30th July (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Not necessarily

It does if it’s net Margin is below 10% by definition it’s margin is reduced then and many companies have net profit far less

it can of course pay the 10% and then cut the workforce at the same time

Nick

Administrator
At what point is somebody greedy? When do you go to be a greedy shareholder wanting more money year on year?

Is there an amount of income where it changes? (Of course I know that the owner of Amazon isn't comparable to a woman on the checkout in Tesco).

What if there are workers on £100k who want to go on strike for pay rises?

NorthernWisdom

At what point is somebody greedy? When do you go to be a greedy shareholder wanting more money year on year?

Is there an amount of income where it changes? (Of course I know that the owner of Amazon isn't comparable to a woman on the checkout in Tesco).
At what point is wanting to increase your income higher than the cost of living aspirational, but keeping pace with it is greedy?

Grendel

Might actually force some British business to improve productivity.

It would result in job losses - I mean what experience do you have running an SME

Nick

Administrator
At what point is wanting to increase your income higher than the cost of living aspirational, but keeping pace with it is greedy?

This is what I am trying to find out.

Where is the acceptable line where it goes from "go on strike" to "stop being a greedy fucker"?

Train Drivers aren't getting anything close to the cost of living wage.

Nick

Administrator
And I am asking why you hop on this, and don't instead complain about government's lack of efforts to support the working man's income keep pace with the cost of living.

I have often commented about MP's wages, expenses and lifestyles as well as how they are all fucking shit regardless of their party.

I'd love money to be taken from them to be given to Sheila in Tesco who is struggling like fuck.

Then again, do we begrudge MPs trying to earn more money too? Only labour ones or only conservative ones?

Again, train drivers get paid well above the cost of living wage.

tskezz

I am asking you what the limit is as to when they go from backing them and when they become greedy?
Should it matter? Anyone who works should have the right to take action if they collectively believe they are not being paid or treated fairly? It seems strange that anyone who isn't a train driver could have a opinion that they shouldn't be paid more.

NorthernWisdom

I have often commented about MP's wages, expenses and lifestyles as well as how they are all fucking shit regardless of their party.

I'd love money to be taken from them to be given to Sheila in Tesco who is struggling like fuck.

Then again, do we begrudge MPs trying to earn more money too?
So on this thread, why have you started ith train drivers' earnings, ignored reasons why they might want their salary to keep pace with inflation, and decided not to criticise government's inaction?

MPs should be paid more btw, given they run the country. They're not all shit regardless of party either, that's a lazy trope to defend the status quo. Some are, some aren't.

Nick

Administrator
Should it matter? Anyone who works should have the right to take action if they collectively believe they are not being paid or treated fairly? It seems strange that anyone who isn't a train driver could have a opinion that they shouldn't be paid more.

I am pretty sure 99% of people who work want to get paid more than they do.

tskezz

I am pretty sure 99% of people who work want to get paid more than they do.
That's not what i said though is it, weird that's your response. Believing you're not paid fairly is different than wanting more money.

Nick

Administrator
So on this thread, why have you started ith train drivers' earnings, ignored reasons why they might want their salary to keep pace with inflation, and decided not to criticise government's inaction?

MPs should be paid more btw, given they run the country. They're not all shit regardless of party either, that's a lazy trope to defend the status quo. Some are, some aren't.

Because the thread is about a train strike where the average is £48k.

Maybe the shareholders want their income to keep up with inflation too? What's the problem?

What do you want the government to do to get everybody paid more? (Not just train drivers). They could whack the minimum and cost of living wage right up?

tskezz

Because the thread is about a train strike where the average is £48k.

Maybe the shareholders want their income to keep up with inflation too? What's the problem?

What do you want the government to do to get everybody paid more? (Not just train drivers). They could whack the minimum and cost of living wage right up?
The thread is about a train strike, full stop. You're the weirdo how started wanking talking about wages

Nick

Administrator
That's not what i said though is it, weird that's your response. Believing you're not paid fairly is different than wanting more money.

The vast majority will think they aren't paid enough for what they do, also.

It also depends on working conditions and the definition. It could be that one person thinks it is bad working conditions because they get their shoes dirty and the next dives straight in and doesn't give a shit.

Nick

Administrator
so why criticise drivers rather than government? Why make that choice? The thread was informational until you made that choice to criticise somebody.

And you chose the workers ahead of shareholders and / or government

So shareholders aren't workers themselves? Why do you begrudge them wanting to get more money?

This is why I asked where's the limit where it goes from supporting them to them being greedy fuckers.

I criticised the train drivers, yes.

Nick

Administrator
That's not how you came across when discussing the bin strikes

It was sarcasm. ;)

Pretty sure I said about the bin strikes that if you started last year and somebody starts now on more money then it's unfair and it should be changed.

I also had to point out why contractors get paid more (considering you didn't want to walk into a job paying more because of the benefits you get in that job that you wouldn't in the other).

Evo1883

It was sarcasm. ;)

Pretty sure I said about the bin strikes that if you started last year and somebody starts now on more money then it's unfair and it should be changed.

I also had to point out why contractors get paid more (considering you didn't want to walk into a job paying more because of the benefits you get in that job that you wouldn't in the other).

Why don't all the other workers striking now just get another job then😉
giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
Why don't all the other workers striking now just get another job then😉
giphy.gif

Guess it depends on how niche it is and job availability and what the wage is being compared to. (The terms and working conditions of each job etc).

Would I rather you got an extra £5k a year compared to an MP or Lord Fuckwart? Of course.

Grendel

At what point for many businesses is it realistic without consequence? Are you getting 10%?

Grendel

Many energy firms gave themselves 64% Without logical reasoning 😂

I don’t even understand that point - it’s not relevant to actual pay

Users who are viewing this thread