Traffic (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

Who's idea is it to have the a444 closed but then have Longford road with pathetic lights at the same time? Absolute carnage.

Cars have nowhere to go.
People were wsrned, I had no problem awrvwa them eight do being picked up from Teacos should have walked a little further ro be picked up.

letsallsingtogether

There was an issue with an Uber driver and an artic at the lights, they blocked the junction while they were arguing.
Funny as luck....

mmttww

nice GIF

torchomatic

Who's idea is it to have the a444 closed but then have Longford road with pathetic lights at the same time? Absolute carnage.

Cars have nowhere to go.
Fucking nightmare. Only just got back home.

• Wow
Reactions: vow

CCFCSteve

Cars have nowhere to go.

Absolute shambles mate. Totally unnecessary road closure and those temp lights didn’t need to be there either. Just cone off the small area of the road where roadworks were going on.

Jarvo87

Shambolic. Seemed great to be able to walk up Hen Lane fairly unhindered but getting out of Finbarrs was ridiculous….. 45 mins to get to Earlsdon, joke

CV22SBA

Strange thing is I got home 15 mins earlier than I normally do.
Had a pint in the club cov lounge, drove straight out of car park A, zero traffic onto M6 and home in Rugby at 6.10 🤷‍♂️

PVA

Went to Dhillons after the game, had 2 pints, walked back to Tesco as my mate needed something from the pharmacy, had a Burger King, and they were still queuing to get out of Tescos 😂

scubasteve

It was shit, but i had 2 pints in byatts and laughed at everyone sat in their car for a hour not moving, left just after 6 got home no issues.

pitts head

Got the bus up today. Coming back I jumped in a taxi at the Arena Shopping Park bus station.
Taxi driver played an absolute blinder. Down Windmill Road and onto Sewell Highway.
Back home in Willenhall at 5.30pm.

wingy

Got the bus up today. Coming back I jumped in a taxi at the Arena Shopping Park bus station.
Taxi driver played an absolute blinder. Down Windmill Road and onto Sewell Highway.
Back home in Willenhall at 5.30pm.
Ssh!sewall highways great!

Nick

Administrator
Absolute shambles mate. Totally unnecessary road closure and those temp lights didn’t need to be there either. Just cone off the small area of the road where roadworks were going on.
Oh yeah a huge stretch of the road is closed off for a little hole.

They always seem to time it with match days too.

MalcSB

Not necessarily. The reason the majority drive is because for most it's the only reasonable way of getting there.

It's been ingrained into the routine. We must have the highest percentage of fans who drive to the game in the country due to the location and, frankly, pathetic public transport.
It’s predominantly the location and I don’t see how public transport could realistically be improved to persuade people not to drive there. The Stadium is located exactly where a park and ride would be located and next to a big retail park that people will always drive to - a weeks grocery shopping is tricky on a bus. You would need 600 buses all at the same time to take yesterday’s attendance away ( the railway ”station” is always going to be a waste of space).

pusbccfc

It’s predominantly the location and I don’t see how public transport could realistically be improved to persuade people not to drive there. The Stadium is located exactly where a park and ride would be located and next to a big retail park that people will always drive to - a weeks grocery shopping is tricky on a bus. You would need 600 buses all at the same time to take yesterday’s attendance away ( the railway ”station” is always going to be a waste of space).

Absolutely and it will never be a 'public transport' stadium like those in city centres of London.

However, as many people have said on here before, if you travel to Europe and specifically Germany, lots of stadiums are out of town and very few people drive.

The majority will drive until the train is sorted but the fact is, there's no real alternative. Until you've relied on public transport to get to the ground, you don't realise just how bad it is.

MalcSB

Absolutely and it will never be a 'public transport' stadium like those in city centres of London.

However, as many people have said on here before, if you travel to Europe and specifically Germany, lots of stadiums are out of town and very few people drive.

The majority will drive until the train is sorted but the fact is, there's no real alternative. Until you've relied on public transport to get to the ground, you don't realise just how bad it is.
May be the answer is another foot bridge. Closing the road inconveniences non football traffic as well.

Users who are viewing this thread