Tough Times Ahead (1 Viewer)

procdoc

We currently have no pitch
We have signed 4 players, 3 of whom that have no experience at this level
We are still leaking goals
We have no income from player sales or match day revenue
This season could be a car crash

Cov98

Had quite a bit of enthusiasm for this season but of course in a typical Coventry way it’s looking like a dumpster fire of a season could be ahead. For once it’s not even our own doing. Sure, on the pitch we’re still making the same mistakes and haven’t recruited amazingly but I was still optimistic that we could push on and thanks to the shithole wasps it looks like a season of off the field bullshit is back.

Colin Steins Smile

As long as they refund my season ticket, i couldn't give a fuck. Another fun thing to do ruined by cunty business people.
I think we’re all fed up with the situation, but supporters asking for a refund on a ST is hardly going to help MR and the team.
However, if you do intend to not attend any matches…. Can you stop your wind up
Posts on here? After all you’ll stop being a supporter

Greggs

I think we’re all fed up with the situation, but supporters asking for a refund on a ST is hardly going to help MR and the team.
However, if you do intend to not attend any matches…. Can you stop your wind up
gonna watch ifollow on my mates chipped laptop.

SeaSeeEffCee

Think we’ll be in a relegation battle this year. Our defence is just so sub par and the ‘improvements’ we’ve made haven’t made the greatest first impression. Beyond our first XI we look very weak.

Greggs

They have a ground … unlike us
I think we’re all fed up with the situation, but constant moaning and negativity is hardly going to help MR and the team.
However, if you wish to carry on this toxic behaviour…. Can you stop your wind up

Tommo1993

Problem club. You often wonder if it’s worth the money. Might be irrational but was looking forward to the season and it’s started horrendously, actual football aside - which isn’t all that convincing either.

Sky Blue Pete

We have a choice!!! I have a choice. I can allow the situation to temper my enthusiasm or I can try that bit harder to find the positive and pursue the good

Samo

I would just like some truth from the club for once...
Is it 'incremental progression' or is it 'we have reached a ceiling'. It can't be both.
And if its the latter, what the fuck is the plan for the club? Cycle us through the lower leagues again?
And what of Joy's 'we have ambitions for the Premier League and beyond' remark? If the model fails at championship level how is that ever possible? Income streams I hear her reply! Put a spade in the ground at Warwick Uni before you mention that again please Joy!

Next summer is pivotal for us in terms of contracts and rebuilding. I can only hope by then we have:
  1. Made it through this season without relegation.
  2. New owners.
  3. Some sort of interest in the CBS.
  4. A decent pitch to play on.
The cherry on the top would by that Wasps have left the area in one way or another, preferably their total demise.

Sky Blue Harry H

I would just like some truth from the club for once...
Is it 'incremental progression' or is it 'we have reached a ceiling'. It can't be both.
And if its the latter, what the fuck is the plan for the club? Cycle us through the lower leagues again?
And what of Joy's 'we have ambitions for the Premier League and beyond' remark? If the model fails at championship level how is that ever possible? Income streams I hear her reply! Put a spade in the ground at Warwick Uni before you mention that again please Joy!

Next summer is pivotal for us in terms of contracts and rebuilding. I can only hope by then we have:
  1. Made it through this season without relegation.
  2. New owners.
  3. Some sort of interest in the CBS.
  4. A decent pitch to play on.
The cherry on the top would by that Wasps have left the area in one way or another, preferably their total demise.

Agree with a lot of your points, but realistically the number of clubs who have hit their ceiling in his league is probably in the mid teens (minimum) . Owners are not going to state that for the fans, even if it's true. That may change when parachute payments stop/change.

Colin Steins Smile

I think we’re all fed up with the situation, but constant moaning and negativity is hardly going to help MR and the team.
However, if you wish to carry on this toxic behaviour…. Can you stop your wind up
At least reply with your own script. Did you copy other peoples work for all your exams too?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Fully understand that many fans will want a refund for their season ticket if we don’t play in Coventry. I must admit and it’s probably naive, when I buy a season ticket, it’s more my commitment to the club. I try and make as many games as I can but will probably miss ten or so. If I missed all 23, I’d still get one next year. It’s my club (however much pain and trauma it causes) and I feel I owe them more than turning the screw in their hour of need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robbiekeane

Obviously the pitch and general off the field bullshit is heartbreaking, but as far as on the field (lol) goes at this point I’d say the squad is stronger than last season…

Gyokeres is a different player, Panzo I think is an upgrade on JCS, Bidwell looks better than last year, and sheaf looks a class act.

If it stays that way end of the transfer window I’d say that’s pretty solid.

Just trying to be optimistic…fuck knows we’ve got enough to be negative about

Greggs

At least reply with your own script. Did you copy other peoples work for all your exams too?

giphy.gif

Colin Steins Smile

Obviously the pitch and general off the field bullshit is heartbreaking, but as far as on the field (lol) goes at this point I’d say the squad is stronger than last season…

Gyokeres is a different player, Panzo I think is an upgrade on JCS, Bidwell looks better than last year, and sheaf looks a class act.

If it stays that way end of the transfer window I’d say that’s pretty solid.

Just trying to be optimistic…fuck knows we’ve got enough to be negative about
I agree - we just need to win a few games to get a bit of momentum for our season

robbiekeane

I think the off the pitch problems are much worse than on the pitch. We played well yesterday and it was our own silly errors that gave the game away, i think that is fixable.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I watched the game again today cause I was pretty pissed yesterday watching.

We honestly could’ve scored 2 or 3 goals after we went level, and won 5-2. Feels like one of the handball shouts too could’ve been legit.

I saw enough in the performance yesterday to be optimistic - we were definitely the better side. Couple of stupid individual errors and some bad luck

stay_up_skyblues

I think the off the pitch problems are much worse than on the pitch. We played well yesterday and it was our own silly errors that gave the game away, i think that is fixable.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yep my thinking exactly. After Tuesday we would be 3, 4 or even 6 extra points better off and be comfortably mid table. It’s hard not to speculate and conflate the two issues but until/unless it’s confirmed that we have to move, or that we won’t have a home game for another six weeks or more, we have to separate on and off the pitch.

larry_david

Robins has always said first target is survival and it has to be. Yes we want to progress but consistency in this division puts us a) in the shop window and b) gets the finances up.

It's early doors, there's alot of shit off the pitch but we can't let it affect results or our league status

Saddlebrains

Id be asking dor a
Fully understand that many fans will want a refund for their season ticket if we don’t play in Coventry. I must admit and it’s probably naive, when I buy a season ticket, it’s more my commitment to the club. I try and make as many games as I can but will probably miss ten or so. If I missed all 23, I’d still get one next year. It’s my club (however much pain and trauma it causes) and I feel I owe them more than turning the screw in their hour of need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea but how many 'hours of need' have we had?

Gets fucking demoralising

Samo

Agree with a lot of your points, but realistically the number of clubs who have hit their ceiling in his league is probably in the mid teens (minimum) . Owners are not going to state that for the fans, even if it's true. That may change when parachute payments stop/change.

So why is it that some clubs (Brentford for example) did not hit a ceiling in the Championship?
Are they bigger than us? Better supported? No.
The truth is that where the ceiling comes is a choice each club makes; ours choose to give MR a bottom 5 budget and hope for the best.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I like 13000 other people put our money UPFRONT to see 23 games played at CBS Stadium if that cannot be achieved the club will be well short of cash. I feei there will be a long queue behind me demanding a refund might just finish SISU.

Colin Steins Smile

I like 13000 other people put our money UPFRONT to see 23 games played at CBS Stadium if that cannot be achieved the club will be well short of cash. I feei there will be a long queue behind me demanding a refund might just finish SISU.
I'm not sure it would finish SISU off, they'll only cut the budget to match whatever funds the club generates. They've done that before

coop

I was pissed off after the first home game being called off but on holiday so can't see a game until 31st August.We have played two league games away and should really be on 4 points as yesterday we should of won quite easy as the team in general played really well .But I think momentum is a great thing.I think losing Callum before the start hasn't help but it's hardly I want a refund every game you should of watched people will get to see them just maybe a shitty Tuesday night instead.

Users who are viewing this thread