touching space - nearly (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
No doubt it will be shown on the news but this austrian guy is hoping to set a new record for the highest skydive (practically a space dive!) 36.5 km or 23miles. Wearing a space suit he will travel faster than the speed of sound, accelerating to that speed after 40 seconds in temperatures of down to -50 and hopefully land on the end of a parachute safely back on earth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19860249

not something i would want to do but you have to admire his courage

I would love to see the world the way he will though

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
no its on hold because of wind they want make sure its done right everything has to be perfect theyve been trying launch last 3 hours now like i dont think it launch at all if taking this long.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Hands up those who are waiting to see if he just splats into the ground! :whistle:

kg82

Heard about that this morning. The quote "Others who have tried to break the existing records for the highest, fastest and longest freefalls have lost their lives in the process" doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Expect sales of red bull to rise or fall dramatically after this!

Marty

I'd love to do something like this, where do I sign up?

Darth Robins

2 hours to get to the right altitude, this guy must actual watermelon sized balls. He'll be falling for about 10 minutes straight, and half of that is free fall!

Blind_Faith

I hope he makes it safely back, but what a fucking idiot! Which part of his brain thought it would be a good idea? Its beyond me why anyone would wanna throw them selves out of planes/capsules/helicopters. If we were meant to fly we would of evolved wings, the human race needs to get over this :facepalm:

Marty

I'd love to do something like this. The human race since the dawn of time have been competing to find the superior and this is no different. It's not really flying, it's falling...... with style. ;)

Marty

Hes preparing for it, Balloon has pritty much leveled off now. 10-15 minutes would have thought.

Marty

descending now, hes not responding to commandes.

Bagsy

Would be awesome going up there seeing the curve of the earth like that! Wouldn't do the jumping bit tho!

Users who are viewing this thread