Tottenham Fans Stabbed (1 Viewer)

Otis

Yep. Would come down on us like a lead balloon.

Beeb were saying they were armed with iron bars.

wingy

Absolutely ,these lot are at it every time a British team is over there.

See they've just kicked the Disciplinary hearing from the U21s further into the long grass.

Macca

Cowards with overwhelming numbers and tooled up attacking innocent supporters. Never fancy it over here though strangely

Covstu

yes we would be banned before we knew it! Will be interested to see what stance FIFA/UEFA take on the u21 racist stance first then how they tackle this.

kg82

sp.jpg Sorry for anybody that doesn't want to see this (Nick, feel free to delete if it's not well received) but this is one of those Spurs supporters. How is doing this to someone a sign of loyalty to your club? Scum.

kg82

I don't know for certain. It looks like he'll be stitched up and should be ok, in the scheme of things anyway. If he works in a trade or has to use his hands a lot he's f*cked for a bit though. Defensive wounds on his hands will probably be pretty deep too. Probably cut through nerves and tendons.

Macca

What bugs me is that if this was two sets of thugs I d think "you reap what you sow" but this is utter cowardice for which the perpetrators will claim some kind of victory against English "hooligans"

Real

I saw the pic last night of the Spurs fan and it sickened me. Decent people going to watch their team play a game of football should not be ending up like this. Typical cowardly Italians. Will UEFA start banning Italian teams from European competition? Don't bet on it.

Real

I saw the pic last night of the Spurs fan and it sickened me. Decent people going to watch their team play a game of football should not be ending up like this. Typical cowardly Italians. Will UEFA start banning Italian teams from European competition? Don't bet on it.

SkyblueBazza

The first thing is that things anything like this should not happen to anyone - let alone someone simply travelling to watch a footy match. Second, tarring all Italians as thugs &/or cowards is somewhat extreme...I know some Italians who are neither, & believe me - you wouldn't want to upset them...Thirdly, it is still a likely throw back to the "proud" reputation abroad built by Britons either in connection with travelling to/from football games mostly in years long past (but still current too, I'll bet - but our press just do not report it so much, just like at games here in the UK) - OR the drunken loutish behaviour unashamedly promoted on TV programmes.
None of this excuses it, but I just think we need a sea of change in how we collectively behave abroad before we're collectively welcomed...although these are still probably relatively rare occurrences overall.

wingy

UEFA attitude deplorable as ever .

More troubling is that this could quite easily be a murder investigation ,and they've had people from the media et al trampling over all the evidence ,unffeffing believable.:(

Macca

The first thing is that things anything like this should not happen to anyone - let alone someone simply travelling to watch a footy match. Second, tarring all Italians as thugs &/or cowards is somewhat extreme...I know some Italians who are neither, & believe me - you wouldn't want to upset them...Thirdly, it is still a likely throw back to the "proud" reputation abroad built by Britons either in connection with travelling to/from football games mostly in years long past (but still current too, I'll bet - but our press just do not report it so much, just like at games here in the UK) - OR the drunken loutish behaviour unashamedly promoted on TV programmes.
None of this excuses it, but I just think we need a sea of change in how we collectively behave abroad before we're collectively welcomed...although these are still probably relatively rare occurrences overall.

Not being welcomed and having your skull smashed open are entirely different things.

Your statement seems a bit contradictory? Don t tar all Italians with same brush but you understand what happened to the Spurs fans because of a perceived image of the English.

What happened was unacceptable cowardly violence and lets face it if it was Spurs fans there would be reams of posts from the ever self loathing English types.

Sometimes its o.k for the English / British to be in the right and other nationalities to be wrong.

LastGarrison

Not being welcomed and having your skull smashed open are entirely different things.

Your statement seems a bit contradictory? Don t tar all Italians with same brush but you understand what happened to the Spurs fans because of a perceived image of the English.

What happened was unacceptable cowardly violence and lets face it if it was Spurs fans there would be reams of posts from the ever self loathing English types.

Sometimes its o.k for the English / British to be in the right and other nationalities to be wrong.
I was going to write a big rant about his post but couldn't be arsed.

Same old bollocks that gets trotted out everytime there is trouble involving English fans. People always seem to find a way to blame it on us.

smileycov

Facebook User
They were Roma fans that attacked the spurs lads. 2 have been charged with attempted murder.

SkyblueBazza

Hey...hang-on! I detest what happened.

What I'm getting at is the "typical Italians" & "cowards" type generalisations. That's likely to simply inflame things for future teams going there.

The vast majority of Brits going abroad are at least reasonably well behaved, just the mindless minority cause a bad attitude toward us. This has happened for years & we do suffer for it & will continue to do so.

The reason I'm a little contradictory on this is because, I don't know if anything happened in the build-up to the attack (does anyone that's posting?). Was a simple "let's get tooled up & attack anywhere we find with spurs fans in"? Or was there more to it? I heard that area is a notorious trouble spot...so it's at the very least an example of needing to do your homework before going on tour - to minimise the chances of getting involved in this kind of thing.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

United fans had similar trouble with Roma fans in the CL a few years ago I believe. Though Macca expressed it in a condescending way, English fans are seen as the 'fathers of hooliganism' by the hardcore lot in Eastern Europe and Italy; though we have (by and large) moved on from those days, getting one over English fans is big for some of these people. Lazio should have the book thrown at them just as any other club should for failing to address issues that have been there for decades.

SkyBlue_Bear83

What bugs me is that if this was two sets of thugs I d think "you reap what you sow" but this is utter cowardice for which the perpetrators will claim some kind of victory against English "hooligans"
Same, it isn't the typical two set of rival fans getting rowdy with each other. It was an unprovoked, pre planned and organised attack to target the English fans

SkyblueBazza

United fans had similar trouble with Roma fans in the CL a few years ago I believe. Though Macca expressed it in a condescending way, English fans are seen as the 'fathers of hooliganism' by the hardcore lot in Eastern Europe and Italy; though we have (by and large) moved on from those days, getting one over English fans is big for some of these people. Lazio should have the book thrown at them just as any other club should for failing to address issues that have been there for decades.

They'll probably get off scot-free Lazio will...this was not an in-stadium happening like the Serbian thing. It'll probably be ignored by UEFA

Macca

What I'm getting at is the "typical Italians" & "cowards" type generalisations. That's likely to simply inflame things for future teams going there.

The vast majority of Brits going abroad are at least reasonably well behaved, just the mindless minority cause a bad attitude toward us. This has happened for years & we do suffer for it & will continue to do so.

The reason I'm a little contradictory on this is because, I don't know if anything happened in the build-up to the attack (does anyone that's posting?). Was a simple "let's get tooled up & attack anywhere we find with spurs fans in"? Or was there more to it? I heard that area is a notorious trouble spot...so it's at the very least an example of needing to do your homework before going on tour - to minimise the chances of getting involved in this kind of thing.

Sorry if I came over a little strong but it's something I feel quite passionate about. When our football fans behaved like morons in the past they were rightly vilified and on the end of some rough justice. Things have changed and when something as despicable as this happens it's the time for other countries to have a look at themselves. You don't go out tooled up with knives, gas and bats on the "off chance". I may be wrong but if someone can point to an attack of this ferocity on a group of foreign fans in this country in recent years I'd be surprised

Grendel

On this I am afraid you are very wrong.

Lazio fans are well known for a very significant facist element. They were whipping themselves into a frenzy that Spurs were visiting them so they could show some of their anti-semetic bilge.

They worship Mussolini and his fascist ideology.

They also worship the clown who manages Swindon - this is where he delivere his "Il Duce" salute.

SkyblueBazza

On this I am afraid you are very wrong.

Lazio fans are well known for a very significant facist element. They were whipping themselves into a frenzy that Spurs were visiting them so they could show some of their anti-semetic bilge.

They worship Mussolini and his fascist ideology.

They also worship the clown who manages Swindon - this is where he delivere his "Il Duce" salute.

All I am saying is that most of us would agree with what you say about them being a nasty bunch & "operational" in that area. So common sense says stay away & at the very least keep a very low profile. Sadly - not going I's the safer option.

Either way it doesn't excuse the beating.

As far as "on this scale" in this country...it would only get press if it was on a big (by current standards) happening or in the stadium.

I took my son to see ManU v Arsenal a couple of years ago & in the middle of all the masses leaving, I saw the odd ManU fan (2) attack individual Arsenal fans who weren't alone...but nobody did anything. There were police spotters & some with CCTV on platforms - all missed/ignored it. I even told a copper & pointed the one guy out after I'd seen him do a Cantona kick in an Arsenal fan's back (could've crippled the guy!) "We'll keep an eye on him" he said watching him dissappear into the crowds. All equally bad but never reported...so I'm confident when I say it does happen but in small dispersed incidents.

Users who are viewing this thread