Totally unacceptable (1 Viewer)

Flying Fokker

Referees often have managers in to explain or discuss things in either of their rooms & away from public view as it should be.

Approaching a young, 17yr old referee in this manner even if not overly aggressive doesn't sit right with me, it could clearly influence her decision making in the second half.

Punishing referees isn't the answer imo, they are doing their best. I am in agreement that the standard generally isn't great but that's to do with the lack of support they get imo.

Are players punished for dismal performances?
The guy approaching was not aggressive and tempered any emotion. Credit to him. However, he should not have been there. The Ref clearly read the situation as such. however, if that was a male ref the situation could easily have escalated. who’d do that job? if A red card had been show in this case, a fair bet that the manager would have accepted he’d been out of order.

lifeskyblue

I think I might have said before but the lad is a ref and has been for 4 or 5 years now. When he started wife and I were worried about possible abuse etc. we live in Leicester and some of his first matches were at the Leicester city academy (he even reffed lcfc u11 v CCFC u11). In one match there one u10 Leicester player questioned a decision (not swearing but just ‘oh ref that’s not right)…immediately the coach subbed the player and at end made the kid come on and apologise. I was v impressed and wrote to lcfc saying that. Also at the academy family are told to encourage players but will be banned if they incite their own team, abuse the opposition or ref. If only all football like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

How has his first few games gone? Hopefully he enjoying it and no problems so far

No games last week and some issues with paperwork so first games this Sunday!!

He’s looking forward to it although they haven’t covered the portal to send reports of yellow and red cards. Maybe assuming he won’t have any in his first 5 games

lifeskyblue

Well best wishes to him for weekend. I’m sure he won’t need cards for younger ages (fingers crossed)…but I’m a little surprised they haven’t issued them

Edit: just read that it’s the reports that is the issue not the cards themselves.

Presumably he has a mentor who he can contact if there are issues

Brighton Sky Blue

Sometimes it often went pretty much word for word like that. We were always reminded on top that we had the ability to just call off a game and send a report in so the club that couldn't control its spectators got a hefty fine.

Rarely were teenage players a problem, the vast vast majority was abuse from the sidelines. @Sky Blue Pete if you can make it to all your lad's games then do it-it'll make a big difference.

Sky Blue Pete

Well best wishes to him for weekend. I’m sure he won’t need cards for younger ages (fingers crossed)…but I’m a little surprised they haven’t issued them

Edit: just read that it’s the reports that is the issue not the cards themselves.

Presumably he has a mentor who he can contact if there are issues
Pretty rubbish support if I’m honest. I’m there for him though and the cov ref association are good and helpful and supportive

Sky Blue Pete

Sometimes it often went pretty much word for word like that. We were always reminded on top that we had the ability to just call off a game and send a report in so the club that couldn't control its spectators got a hefty fine.

Rarely were teenage players a problem, the vast vast majority was abuse from the sidelines. @Sky Blue Pete if you can make it to all your lad's games then do it-it'll make a big difference.
Intend to thanks

Sky Blue Pete

My experience too

Nick

Administrator
While playing Sunday League I was a c**t to refs, I'd feel completely different if it came to shouting at a kid who was reffing.

When it's an old dickhead who thinks they are reffing a Premier League game while smugly going on a power trip with an attitude then fair game. (Thats giving them shit, not punching them).

Brighton Sky Blue

While playing Sunday League I was a c**t to refs, I'd feel completely different if it came to shouting at a kid who was reffing.

When it's an old dickhead who thinks they are reffing a Premier League game while smugly going on a power trip with an attitude then fair game. (Thats giving them shit, not punching them).

How do you tell the difference between an old dickhead and someone doing his best on a Sunday morning?

Nick

Administrator
How do you tell the difference between an old dickhead and someone doing his best on a Sunday morning?

You would get refs that would have a laugh with you (same for both teams) and you would get others who clearly thrived off some sort of power trip like a shit teacher.

Adge

Been wound up something rotten at my brother’s u13s game this evening. Opposition coach berating the ref, calling him useless, all sorts. Lost my rag.
Yep-unfortunately common place now which seems to have become the norm. Did anyone (including yourself) ask him to stop?

Users who are viewing this thread