total point prediction for this season (1 Viewer)

Sharpie83

How many points do you think we will get after all 46 games have been played? I'm predicting 35 before the 10 point deduction.

How many points do you think we will get after all 46 games have been played? I'm predicting 35 before the 10 point deduction.

Rather than take a wild guess I have looked at each fixture and forecasted the result and score and I believe it would look something like this based on current form and expectations:

Remaining Games:
P 24 - W 3 - D 9 - L 12 - GF 20 - GA 35 - Pts 18 (Wins against Bristol City H, Barnsley H, Peterborough H)

Season to Date:
P 22 - W 2 - D 7 - L 13 - GF 17 - GA 33 - Pts 13

Total end of Season:
P 46 - W5 - D 16 - L 25 - GF 37 - GA 68 - Pts 31 (before 10 point reduction)

Note:
Previous lowest score for CCFC in this division was 50 points in 2002 / 2003 when finishing 20th out of 24

PUSB

ICHAN

Amazing how other's are going for 30-32 the original post said 35 yet ccfcway and La_lucha both ask why I put 32 and ? me why.
May I just ask why that is?

Amazing how other's are going for 30-32 the original post said 35 yet ccfcway and La_lucha both ask why I put 32 and ? me why.

Cause no one else had posted at that point and I wondered why you thought that a team that got a couple of lucky wins at the start of the season, might do better when demoralised and a couple of the better players had been sold in January.

ICHAN

No problems rich as I put I am just hoping we do not become a total embarressment and the players start to show some pride towards the end of the season when there is nothing to play for.
Just is a very very sad time at the moment seeing a club we all support crumbling like this and to predict/hope that we can get just 32 points over an entire season is embarrassing as well, when normally people would be calling your loyalty into question people are questioning how anyone could actually say that you hope we get this amount of points.
:(:(:(

As much as you're wishing for success, I'm looking into why and where the success will come from, hence why I ask.

You might've known something I don't.

ICHAN

Apart from were shit mate, and the only thing I know about being in this part of the country mate is that the natives talk funny not just the poles, and they like their tractors, oh and the house prices are cheap for what you get.;):D

stupot07

Cause no one else had posted at that point and I wondered why you thought that a team that got a couple of lucky wins at the start of the season, might do better when demoralised and a couple of the better players had been sold in January.

So our 2 wins were lucky yet we have not been unlucky in some of our defeats?

SkyBlue_Bear83

There are still many winnable games left this season
Bristol H
Brighton H
Derby A
Ipswich H
Barnsley H
Palace H
Watford A
Portsmouth H
Peterborough H
Bristol A
Millwall H
Doncaster H

At the moment we have no chance but a new manager alongside a takeover/january investment then just maybe. :thinking about:

PhilWasn'tBabb

It would appear that 17 points is the fewest number points in devision 1,

If were going to be rubbish, I hope we're really rubbish, record breaking rubbish

Ashdown

I have us down for another 16 points...............but only if our owners don't sell the likes of Juke in January. If they leave us with Platt and ROD up front we can expect less than 10 if we are lucky.

ccfcway

Sorry, didnt see the 35 in the original post....

Still dont think we will break the 30 mark

Looking at the "we will only win 3 more games, Bristol City and Home, Barnsley at home and Peterborough at home" makes me think, we wont win them !

I honestly cant see where the next win is coming from !

ICHAN

Not a problem ccfcway ;)
I can't think where the next draws coming from never mind 3 but just have to tell myself that there may be an end to this misery when there is nothing left to play for and they just go out with no pressure as what happens on the pitch does not matter to THEM anymore and also depends on what happens in the very near future.

Sumo the Micky Quinn

My prediction for point tally is 29pts.

Since 3pts for a win was introduced in 1981, there have been 6 teams relegated from the English 2nd tier with less than 30 pts.

1983 Cambridge Utd Pld 42 W 4 D 12 L 26 F 28 A 77 Pts 24 (The lowest)
1983 Swansea City Pld 42 W 7 D 8 L 27 F 36 A 85 Pts 29

1987 Huddersfield Town Pld 44 W 6 D10 L 28 F 41 A 100 Pts 28

2001 Stockport County Pld 46 W6 D 8 L 32 F 42 A 102 Pts 26 (look where Stockport are now. In the relegation zone of the Conference Prem)

2002 MK Dons Pld 46 W 8 D 5 L33 F 41 A 89 Pts 29

2004 Rotherham Utd Pld 46 W 5 D 14 L 27 F 35 A 69 Pts 29

Cambridge Utd. hold the record for going 31 games in the 2nd tier with out a win between 8th Oct 1983 & 23rd Apr 1984.

Coventry City hold the record for failing to score in 11 (2nd tier) league games between 11th Oct 1919 & 20th Dec 1919.

This info is from statto.com

stupot07

We have not been unlucky in defeat. We simply were not good enough. If you dont play for the full 95 minutes then you will lose.

I agree we haven't been good enough overall, which is why I said unlucky in some of the games like Peterborough - the National media and Peterborough's local press deemed us unlucky on saturday.

Your said we were lucky to get our two wins, I am saying we were unlucky in a couple of our defeats (e.g Saturday)

ICHAN

But unfortunatly wheather we were unlucky or lucky is irrelevant we did not win saturday nor the other games we were unlucky in.
Don't mean to be harsh but it's true and thats the bottom line we never won them for what ever reason, those games have gone and unlucky can not be used as an excuse all the time.
Unfortunatly AT needs to say or someone inside the camp needs to say we are not good enough for whatever reason and start taking some responsibility instead of blaming everything on luck.

Sharpie83

I didn't know the stato site existed that's quite cool.

We have only lost 5 games where the goal margin was more than 1 goal. Need a play maker midfielder n service for the box n we might b ok

ccfc2011

30 points...........

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Somewhere around 28. The lowest points total in this league since we've been in it is 26 (Stockport in 2001/2002). We should just beat this surely?

unless we make about 7 signings in jan we wont reach 30. gotta love cluless thorns reaction to gardners miss on sat, if i wasnt for the keepers elbow that wouldve been in. he is getting as deluded as ken, how dare these keepers do their job, its so unfair. idiot

swanageskyblue

I predict we'll finish with 45-50 points this season as a take-over will go through in January, a new manager will be installed, no players will be sold and we will buy 2 strikers, 2 pacy wingers and a creative goal-scoring midfielder by the end of January.
We may still get relegated but we will not care as we have our beloved club back and we will storm whichever division we are in next season anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread