Total Football (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Thread title firmly tongue in cheek, but anyone else liking how fluid this formation is?

the MvE/Eccles/Saka triangle works so well with each dropping and covering.

Eccles sometimes drops back and fullbacks become wingbacks.

451 out of possession when we need to be solid.

Wright Godden and Saka switching (though please don’t make me watch Matty Godden on the wing)

Think it’ll only get better as players get used to each other.

Matt smith

Really like the right hand side

Milan needs to be play like that week in week week out

Imo we need to get that 8 signing right and rotate Eccles and Allen in that final spot

shmmeee

Really like the right hand side

Milan needs to be play like that week in week week out

Imo we need to get that 8 signing right and rotate Eccles and Allen in that final spot

Nah Allen doesn’t get in post Christmas. Eccles has been outstanding and is unique in that he can slot in at CB RB RWB and RW/AM far more comfortably than Allen.

Need to find a left footer who can do the same with Bidders and Wright.

eastwoodsdustman

Nah Allen doesn’t get in post Christmas. Eccles has been outstanding and is unique in that he can slot in at CB RB RWB and RW/AM far more comfortably than Allen.

Need to find a left footer who can do the same with Bidders and Wright.
That'll be Callum Styles then.

TomRad85

You’re probably right TBH. Doesn’t inspire me mind
I think he's good. He's been played down on here but he was excellent at this level and is a full international for a non tinpot country.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Seaside-Skyblue

Allen does a lot more work than he us given credit for - he was everywhere last night shooting tackling intercepting - be careful what you wish for
Agree and it's much easier to see this live at the game too rather than on TV, where visibility of whole pitch is limited, he literally doesn't stop running and he's always forcing the opposition to keep the ball movingand if they're moving the ball, the chances of mis-passes increases. We've already seen what it's like when he's not in the team.

Sent from my SM-A346B using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Definitely , my point was that some on here remember last season through sky blue tinted specs . Some of the football last season was awful at times but we had a top class striker who got us out of trouble more often than not.
Much prefer this season style , just needs a quicker tempo

I think for the first time this season we look like we know our best XI. Hopefully as the get used to the system and each other the tempo and fluidity will come.

Martin180

I think for the first time this season we look like we know our best XI. Hopefully as the get used to the system and each other the tempo and fluidity will come.
Agree , I think confidence is a big factor as well . The midfield are a bit hesitant to deliver balls early , now we've won a couple I'd like to think they will play the pass early enough . It started happening when Simms was introduced to be fair

Londonccfcfan

Agree and it's much easier to see this live at the game too rather than on TV, where visibility of whole pitch is limited, he literally doesn't stop running and he's always forcing the opposition to keep the ball movingand if they're moving the ball, the chances of mis-passes increases. We've already seen what it's like when he's not in the team.

Sent from my SM-A346B using Tapatalk
Still so underrated imo allows others to flourish. Totally unselfish player.

shmmeee

Allen does a lot more work than he us given credit for - he was everywhere last night shooting tackling intercepting - be careful what you wish for

He was. It’s not about wishes, just like O’Hare not sure that 10 role that he’d like is available. Someone from CM is obviously going to be dropped cos we’re making a signing there. And of the three Allen has been the least consistent performer.

SeaSeeEffCee

I thought we were decent enough for the most part last night, but we’re still really struggling to creat decent chances in games where we have more of the ball. We’re a very good counter-attacking side, and we could have easily scored a couple in the last 5-10 minutes when they were committing more men forward but we had barely tested their keeper up until the point where we scored. The passing football is nice to see but equally we need to find away of more consistently creating chances within this system when counter attacking isn’t an option. We’re still finding our feet with this new system but this team is looking a lot more promising now we’ve shifted away from the previous system.

Sbarcher

He was. It’s not about wishes, just like O’Hare not sure that 10 role that he’d like is available. Someone from CM is obviously going to be dropped cos we’re making a signing there. And of the three Allen has been the least consistent performer.
He had that great run through in the 1st half to that long ball. If he had finished that it would have been a fantastic goal..

wingy

Definitely , my point was that some on here remember last season through sky blue tinted specs . Some of the football last season was awful at times but we had a top class striker who got us out of trouble more often than not.
Much prefer this season style , just needs a quicker tempo
What was the first 25 mins then if it wasn't quick enough?

SBAndy

Another possibility is Max Bird. If I’m honest I’ve never seen him play but out of contract at the end of the season.

Bird, Sheaf, Eccles, Styles would be a great starting point for midfield depth.

BackRoomRummermill

Thread title firmly tongue in cheek, but anyone else liking how fluid this formation is?

the MvE/Eccles/Saka triangle works so well with each dropping and covering.

Eccles sometimes drops back and fullbacks become wingbacks.

451 out of possession when we need to be solid.

Wright Godden and Saka switching (though please don’t make me watch Matty Godden on the wing)

Think it’ll only get better as players get used to each other.
No XG apparently 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread