Torchomatic/Otis ....... (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

He says judgmentally.

Always thought excuses were acceptable or unacceptable...but who am I to judge.

Otis

That was you was it? :facepalm:

Those snowball hits are still smarting this morning believe me! :mad:

torchomatic

Or the three in the JPT? ;)

Stevec189

I left as I said because my daughter was supposed to be at my mum's and I was going to pick her up from there after the game.

Usual plan is that my mum and dad bring her to the Tesco Arena, where I park, after every home game, but as they are both 82 and the weather had been so bad the past few days I said I would pick my daughter up from their house on this occasion.

For some reason though they got the wrong end of the stick and not only had brought my daughter to the Arena but were also standing waiting by my car in the freezing cold. :facepalm:

Think they got confused because this is what we did last time out as we were in a rush to go somewhere and wanted to get straight out of the car park.

Anyway, got a text message 5 mins from the end of the game to say they were waiting by the car and I didn't want to just leave them standing there. Missed the goal by about 20 seconds.

Is that acceptable to you Stevec?

Otis genuine reasons are always acceptable and clearly a mis understanding with elderly parents is a good reason just saying that there are people who leave early every week and I just don't get it! Same with people who walk to the front of the train going into London what's that about is a minute of time really that important? If it is I suggest they take at their lives and rethink it!

Brighton Sky Blue

For what it's worth I was with 4 other people who were demanding we leave early because 'Can't watch anymore of this shite' so I had little say in the matter. Does that satisfy the court? Never mind how much it costs me to get to Coventry in the first place...

Otis

I have left before in injury time for games, but yesterday the plan was very much for me to stay to the end wait until the traffic had cleared and then go to pick my daughter up.

My mum and dad are crazy though. I put it down to old age, but sometimes am not so sure.

They walk to Asda every Tuesday and Friday (25 min walk), without fail! Rain, snow, sleet, hail, blizzard, tornado, earthquake.

My dad will only use one cashpoint and that is at Lloyds Bank in the High Street, so anytime he wants money he has to go to town.

They also only shop at King's in the market for fruit and veg and only at one particular King's too. Remember once last year I was with them and King's was unexplainedly shut.

'What on earth are we going to do!' my mum declared, stunned, shocked and downbeat.

'Shop elsewhere?' Came my reply.

It didn't go down too well.

Talk about people set in their ways. I specifically told them not to come out yesterday because of the weather. My dad even has an ulcerated leg that gives him great pain, but no, they just had to come out!

The other thing that made me chuckle (though I was annoyed too), was that on Friday I rang my mum to see if she was okay and she said she was in the butcher's just down the road and could she ring me back.

Anyway, on Saturday, I rang again, same reason. Got the same response. 'I'm in the butcher's.

'What, again?' said I. 'You were in there yesterday.!

'Yes' said my mum, 'but that was to get chicken, today I am buying bacon!'

:claping hands::facepalm::D:facepalm::D:facepalm::claping hands:

Covstu

I did see a mass of people leave against Preston, which put a smile on my face as I bet they were gutted that they left early. Its ultimately their decision!!

The only time I have left early in recent times was against Palace when we went 3-0 down, I nipped down for a slash and heard two quick cheers making it 0-3 and did not bother to go back up after that.

ampthill_sba

The reason I have never left a match early is not because I anticipate a comeback let alone hope for one; it's to applaud the players who deserve it. Even in a hammering there is always a worthy player.

ampthill_sba

I did see a mass of people leave against Preston, which put a smile on my face as I bet they were gutted that they left early. Its ultimately their decision!!

The only time I have left early in recent times was against Palace when we went 3-0 down, I nipped down for a slash and heard two quick cheers making it 0-3 and did not bother to go back up after that.

I also make a point of emptying bladder too before the game as after driving up from Beds for the game...watching the tiles at the urinal is hardly worth the effort...

Otis

I always go to the toilet before kick off. Very rarely go down to the malls at half-time.

As I say though, some go down 3-4 mins before half-time (and remember, they have no idea of the additional time to be allocated at that point, so could be 5-6 mins) and then they come back 2 mins into the 2nd half.

Surely that is worse (8 mins+ missed) rather than people leaving with 1 minute to go or in injury time?

percy

have to admit i did miss baileys goal. i will also admit the reason for this was that i was crying, due to the nature of the equaliser, the timing of it and the fact that it was against a team that had lost 5 out of 6 games. sorry i should have known better

Sky Blue Pete

Otis/torch-sorry!! Really wasn't taking the mick. Happy for admin to remove thread. The goal was fab and really just wondered how many missed it

Mucca Mad Boys

I stayed to the end, even though I had lost hope.

I don't understand why people would leave 4m early, it's only 240s!

skybluegod

Tbh it's not the people leaving that pisses me off. It's the people that come up 5-10 mins into the first half then stand looking for their seats so nobody can see.

Grendel

I stayed to the end, even though I had lost hope.

I don't understand why people would leave 4m early, it's only 240s!

Time of exit out the car park. I had to get somewhere at 5. After the game it can take 20 minutes to even get out.

Nick

Administrator
I tend to stand on the steps and when the whistle goes I can make a quick exit!

Must admit I am a sucker for being on here on my phone at games, even the odd bit of angry birds when it is a boring game!

Stevec189

I have left before in injury time for games, but yesterday the plan was very much for me to stay to the end wait until the traffic had cleared and then go to pick my daughter up.

My mum and dad are crazy though. I put it down to old age, but sometimes am not so sure.

They walk to Asda every Tuesday and Friday (25 min walk), without fail! Rain, snow, sleet, hail, blizzard, tornado, earthquake.

My dad will only use one cashpoint and that is at Lloyds Bank in the High Street, so anytime he wants money he has to go to town.

They also only shop at King's in the market for fruit and veg and only at one particular King's too. Remember once last year I was with them and King's was unexplainedly shut.

'What on earth are we going to do!' my mum declared, stunned, shocked and downbeat.

'Shop elsewhere?' Came my reply.

It didn't go down too well.

Talk about people set in their ways. I specifically told them not to come out yesterday because of the weather. My dad even has an ulcerated leg that gives him great pain, but no, they just had to come out!

The other thing that made me chuckle (though I was annoyed too), was that on Friday I rang my mum to see if she was okay and she said she was in the butcher's just down the road and could she ring me back.

Anyway, on Saturday, I rang again, same reason. Got the same response. 'I'm in the butcher's.

'What, again?' said I. 'You were in there yesterday.!

'Yes' said my mum, 'but that was to get chicken, today I am buying bacon!'

:claping hands::facepalm::D:facepalm::D:facepalm::claping hands:

Make the most of them Otis. Mine are long gone. Still miss them!

torchomatic

Mucca Mad Boys

Time of exit out the car park. I had to get somewhere at 5. After the game it can take 20 minutes to even get out.

Obviously it is 'acceptable' if you have to be somewhere, my post was aimed at those who left 'because we were playing shit', it's rather pointless to leave 4m early, may as well stick it out.

Users who are viewing this thread