Torchomatic/Otis ....... (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

How many others on here missed what is possibly the best injury time winner I have ever seen live??:p

Brighton Sky Blue

I left after the equaliser then spotted the £1 hot dogs going for sale; grabbed one of those then went back in just in time to see the ball hit the back of the net. I've shortened my life by a few years I suspect but it was worth it ;)

Stevec189

Why do people leave early? Do you leave early from the cinema, theatre? Do you get up with 5 minutes to go when watching something on telly? I just don't understand not staying till the final whistle! Never left early. Left sharpish but have seen every minute of every game I've been to! PUSB

torchomatic

We never leave early, but my six year old son was freezing, that's more important for me.

Nice to have a thread dedicated to it though. If it makes you feel superior Steve then good for you, son.

Why do people leave early? Do you leave early from the cinema, theatre? Do you get up with 5 minutes to go when watching something on telly? I just don't understand not staying till the final whistle! Never left early. Left sharpish but have seen every minute of every game I've been to! PUSB

Last edited:

Otis

I left as I said because my daughter was supposed to be at my mum's and I was going to pick her up from there after the game.

Usual plan is that my mum and dad bring her to the Tesco Arena, where I park, after every home game, but as they are both 82 and the weather had been so bad the past few days I said I would pick my daughter up from their house on this occasion.

For some reason though they got the wrong end of the stick and not only had brought my daughter to the Arena but were also standing waiting by my car in the freezing cold. :facepalm:

Think they got confused because this is what we did last time out as we were in a rush to go somewhere and wanted to get straight out of the car park.

Anyway, got a text message 5 mins from the end of the game to say they were waiting by the car and I didn't want to just leave them standing there. Missed the goal by about 20 seconds.

Is that acceptable to you Stevec?

standupforcity

Genuine reasons for leaving are completely acceptable of course. But the truth is that when their goal when in it seems a whole army of people suddenly had a real reason to leave. I think the truth about most of them is that they're saying to themselves 'typical city, always let us down in the end...I'm out of here'...or thoughts to that effect. Never understood it...some of the most exciting finishes I've seen have been with late late goals. Remember Middlesborough 2-2 with our late equaliser? We didn't win the game but I'm glad I stayed to the end, and my journey back to London felt like we'd won. Football can be a woibderful game when we let it!

Otis

Genuine reasons for leaving are completely acceptable of course. But the truth is that when their goal when in it seems a whole army of people suddenly had a real reason to leave. I think the truth about most of them is that they're saying to themselves 'typical city, always let us down in the end...I'm out of here'...or thoughts to that effect. Never understood it...some of the most exciting finishes I've seen have been with late late goals. Remember Middlesborough 2-2 with our late equaliser? We didn't win the game but I'm glad I stayed to the end, and my journey back to London felt like we'd won. Football can be a woibderful game when we let it!

When I left I did find myself amongst a group of at least 200 supporters down the walkways outside.

I will tell you something funny though. Have CWR on while watching the game as I really like the commentary in tandem with watching the game.

Anyway, we are just outside and Clive Eakin says we've just scored. I therefore give a yelp of delight, punched the air and shouted out 'Bailey! Bailey's just scored.' I turned back to the group and when I announced it all I could see was a load of glum faces.

Was expecting everyone to be punching the air and dancing with delight, but the vast majority just carried on walking, barely raised a smile and merely seemed irked that they missed it.

Irked i missed it but was still dancing all the way to car park,me!

Sumo the Micky Quinn

First time i saw everybody leave the ground early was against Wimbledon around 1990, we were losing 3-1 with about 10 mins to go. Game was boring, never looked like scoring so got up out of my seat, by the time i got to the back of the stand was a roar of 'GOAL'. Stood for a bit longer, as we were now putting on the pressure. Goal number 3 on 90 mins. By now i was surronded by city fans running back into the ground. Never attempted to leave a game until the ref blew his whistle. Not even when we were losing 6-1.

Grendel

I had to be elsewhere at 5 o clock so ended up missing the last 2 goals. The shame of it all.

torchomatic

Acceptable?" Odd word to use. People can do what they want. At least those people turned up in the snow on a bitterly cold day., so respect to them I say. There are thousands who don't bother at all now.

standupforcity

Acceptable?" Odd word to use. People can do what they want. At least those people turned up in the snow on a bitterly cold day., so respect to them I say. There are thousands who don't bother at all now.

Always thought excuses were acceptable or unacceptable...but who am I to judge. Anyway,I think you get what I'm saying and the important point is get those who left, back again, instead of letting them think they're just seeing 'same old city'. They're not!

Otis

Yep. If people want to leave early then so be it.

Can see a problem if they are blocking your view as they walk past but otherwise can't see why it would bother anyone.

People do have lives outside of football and maybe have to be elsewhere, who knows.

I have more of a problem with those who go down to the malls 4 mins before half time and then come back 2 or 3 mins after the 2nd half has kicked off. What's all that about? and obviously they can't have other places to be.

Each and every to their own, but that does irk me a little more as I am much more likely to have my view blocked. Most people who leave early I have noticed do usually wait until the ball is out of play before they make their move.

I've seen people come back from the malls after half time though, walking up the steps back to their seats with their backs obviously to the play and we have been on the attack and even when the sound of the anticipation from the crowd of a good chance turns the volume up, these supporters haven't even turned round to look.

skybluejelly

what annoys me is those ones in orange coats that spend more time looking at fans than watching the match..they are at every game as well..might as well not turn up if your not going to watch the match

standupforcity

Yep. If people want to leave early then so be it.

Can see a problem if they are blocking your view as they walk past but otherwise can't see why it would bother anyone.

People do have lives outside of football and maybe have to be elsewhere, who knows.

I have more of a problem with those who go down to the malls 4 mins before half time and then come back 2 or 3 mins after the 2nd half has kicked off. What's all that about? and obviously they can't have other places to be.

Each and every to their own, but that does irk me a little more as I am much more likely to have my view blocked. Most people who leave early I have noticed do usually wait until the ball is out of play before they make their move.

I've seen people come back from the malls after half time though, walking up the steps back to their seats with their backs obviously to the play and we have been on the attack and even when the sound of the anticipation from the crowd of a good chance turns the volume up, these supporters haven't even turned round to look.

Yeah that's all so strange isn't it?! I have to try really had to not let it affect me but it's very difficult! Be enlightening if one of those people posted on here, and told us what the big attaction elsewhere is, and the buzz of having your back to the game! Think these are the same irritating lot who spend half the game head down texting!! Heyho!

Otis

Yeah that's all so strange isn't it?! I have to try really had to not let it affect me but it's very difficult! Be enlightening if one of those people posted on here, and told us what the big attaction elsewhere is, and the buzz of having your back to the game! Think these are the same irritating lot who spend half the game head down texting!! Heyho!

Way of the world.

Went to see Frankenweenie with my daughter at the Odeon.

Swear I saw at least 8 mums spending the entire film on their phones texting and not looking at the screens once. :eek:

If you go to the cinema with your kid isn't is supposed to be a shared experience?

kepit 2 yusen

It can't help the players motivation to see large numbers walk out on them. If you performed on stage or in a band, you would give up (sort of) if a lot of your audience disappears.
If I pay to see something, no matter I stay til the end, always have. For just the reasons that happened yesterday and at the JPT. Wonder how many walked out on both games lol
Superior ? No, but bet I enjoyed the experience more !

Macca

Jeez some people are sad. Otis, torchy you would have been better pissing on an orphan than leaving early. But hey it's another special boy star for the o.p.

I ve left before half time before......

And pissed on an orphan on the way out

torchomatic

Coincidently, I have just received this email from the club:

Dear Loyal Season Ticket Holder

It has come to our attention that you left approx. 57 seconds early yesterday from seat **, Row **, Block 28. This misdemeanor was reported by Stewards. The Club had decided to introduce a Three Strikes And You Are Out rule, which came into affect yesterday, January 19th 2013. We have enclosed a sheet stating what the Club - and our observers - deem to be an acceptable excuse for leaving early:

ACCEPTABLE

Death - either yourself or an immediate relative. In-laws do not count as immediate. Neither do cousins, other reletives, friends, work colleagues, etc
Earthquake - only if your block is directly affected
Meteor strike - again only if your block is directly affected

NOTE: All other Acts Of God will be deemed unacceptable.

UNACCETPABLE

Cold or any other types of inclement weather
Illness (unless Death - see ACCEPTABLE list)
Wanting to get out of the car park early
Previously arranged engagement or appointment. You should clear your calendar on match days.
The team are being beaten - weren't you at Preston, you part time scum!!?

Of course, all circumstances are different and accordingly we have set up CCSAP - Coventry City Supporters Appeal Panel chaired by three fair and open minded members of Sky Blues Talk - a forum dedicated to the love of Coventry City - SkyBlue Pete, standupforthecity and Stevec189.

We look forward to seeing you, Otis and (here they list 357 other names) at the Ricoh Arena for your appointment with the panel tomorrow morning at 9am.

Although the panel is impartial and will consider all evidence provided by yourself we have taken the step of blocking your season ticket and that of your father and son. For your information the Panel will refer to these as accomplices.

We understand this is upsetting and it may seem we are questioning forty years of support, but as I'm sure you understand there are many thousands of fans who cannot get in to the Ricoh nowadays as there are capacity crowds every week. If you don't want you seat there are others more than happy to fill it for you.

Regards and PUSB!

Mr E Gotistic
Head of Fan Disciplinary Services

Otis

Jeez some people are sad. Otis, torchy you would have been better pissing on an orphan than leaving early. But hey it's another special boy star for the o.p.

I ve left before half time before......

And pissed on an orphan on the way out

Think the earliest I have left is when we were 3-0 down to Everton at half time. Think i left after about 60 mins. We wouldn't have score that day if we had carried on playing til midnight.

We were bloody awful!

D

Deleted member 4232

I was playing in the snow. So I didnt go to the game.

Cov play twice a week. This is the second time I've seen snow in my life. Spent most of yesterday being a 27 year old toddler.

Users who are viewing this thread