Top Goal Scorer (1 Viewer)

Mr B

Don't get me wrong David McGoldrick was a revelation for us this season and its safe to say his goals have had a massive influence in where we are situated in the table but I would prefer our top goal scorer to be a current player and the only person capable of that at this point in time is Carl Baker.

Do you think Carl has enough goals in him to overhaul McGoldrick, currently I think he is 6 goals behind?

PUSB

Sterling Archer

Leon Clarke has 16 in the league overall so far doesn't he? 11 in 15 at Scunny and 5 in 7 for us. 16 in 22 in L1 so far this season. Excellent strike rate.

I genuinely believe McGoldrick could've gone on to get 30 league goals this season if he had stayed with us though.

Mucca Mad Boys

Leon Clarke has 16 in the league overall so far doesn't he? 11 in 15 at Scunny and 5 in 7 for us. 16 in 22 in L1 so far this season. Excellent strike rate.

I genuinely believe McGoldrick could've gone on to get 30 league goals this season if he had stayed with us though.

He made 20 apps for Scunny and 8 for us - in the league.

You'd think he barely scores with all the stick he gets.

Mucca Mad Boys

Yeah the stick he gets is completely unjust.

Just for clarification:

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=36472

14 starts 1 sub appearance, 11 goals for Sc-unithorpe (all in L1)
10 starts, 0 sub appearances, 6 goals for us (7 games, 5 goals in L1)

Ah yes, I got mixed up, I had a feeling I was wrong, checked the actim index, I was! Sorry pal. In saying that, I'm happy he's played 5 less games than I stated, shows what a good goalscorer he is.

Mr B

I know how well Leon Clarke has done for Scunny and he is doing a job for us but I think he will need to go some to overhaul McGoldrick's tally for us which was my original question.

I think Clarke will top McGoldrick combined with those he scored with Scunny but I would like to see Baker overhaul McGoldrick's total for the City.

I am a Leon Clarke fan and would happily have one of him in our side compared to having all of Kevin Kyle, Roy O'Donovan and Clive Platt back, at least he knows wehre the goal is.

Last edited:

covcity4life

i understand what you meant

and what i said was if leon clarke continues how he has he will outright be covs top scorer

Sky Blue Sheepy

A lot of criticism for Clarke is the lack of work rate more than anything. I'm happy with his goal contributions but when he takes defender's with him with movement it leaves space for Baker and Sheffers to get in chances themselves. I think that was what McGoldrick did so well.

Johhny Blue

Elsie will always score goals. As long as this continues he'll get a little leeway in other areas of his game.

CJparker

Makes you wonder why SISU wouldn't release the funds for someone like him or DMC last season...shame. I had almost forgotten what it feels like to have a regular goalscorer!

Users who are viewing this thread