Top Gear (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Anybody been watching the new series of Top Gear?

Still watch it but just seems to be getting more and more extreme, what if I want to buy a new Ford Mondeo and want a review? :facepalm:

Skyblue4u

It's about time they reviewed normal cars as who the hell can afford the cars they get excited about? Love the show but it's gone beyond the normal man in the street

Marty

The show is beyond boring now, 3 idiots who can barely drive, test driving cars none of us can afford. I especially like the parts when all 3 of them go off for a drive, one will stop, then the other 2 nudge into the one in front. :jerkit:

Fifth gear is better, they use racing drivers and test your bog standard cars as well as the 'exciting' stuff.

D

Deleted member 4232

I like top gear. I'm not into cars at all. I like watching the banter they have, and when they visit parts of the world, doing challenges. Their motobike ride through Vietnam was hilarious. When they start spilling stats on cars id never care to buy, I switch off mentally.

SkyBlueScottie

Nobody used to watch it when they reviewed normal cars. It's an entertainment programme now which has genuine laugh out moments. You boring old moaners.

Donnie Brasco

I think they should mix up the presenters a bit. Clarkson is the only one I would keep.

With regards the OP if I wanted a proper car review show I would watch 5th gear. As entertainment it's boring but they review normal cars.

scroobiustom

Is the programme dated or James May and Richard Hammond?

personally, I think Clarkson, May and Hammond fit the show really well due to its dated nature - obviously the show is successful so my opinion is void but I wouldn't change these guys just let the show die with them on it...

...in a massive explosion that wipes them out and the audiences moronic "who wants to see the lap?"........YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! that really gets on my tits.

CTID

agree with some on here, think a few are missing the point.

Complaining about the cars they review because its not realistic is a bit like complaining that the girls in holyoaks are all too fit!

A few things. Firstly it's Sunday evening tv before the monotony of the week begins - so for most it should be considered chewing gum for the eyes. Secondly, it's called Top Gear, so by its very nature it will show us the best cars in the world.

There are plenty of magazines out there to help you to make an informed decision about buying a new car, you could buy one of those - you may have to put some effort in to read it though. Or, maybe take a few cars that you're thinking of buying out for a test drive - rather than trusting the opinion of tv presenters who are used to driving the best of the best. This may take a little more effort than sitting in your sofa, but it could well be worth it. Just a thought.

Paxman II

Nope, it's boring for the most part and hammond in particular grates on me with his girl like acting and expression like we were all 12 years old.
May has nothing to offer the programme. Clarkson ives round the corner from me but while I like his Sunday columns and his many no nonsense views, here he seems to cosy up to the same tired format with over stated expression and bad acting. he should be better than that.
It's tired, same old, same old and frankly why don't they put a star in a reasonably priced super car?

Users who are viewing this thread