Top British Bands - 60's-90's ? (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Black Lace
Lieutenant Pigeon
Wurzels
Heebeegeebees
Mr Blobby
Wrong Direction

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The Beatles
ELO
Slade
Queen
AC/DC
Genesis
The stranglers
The Jam
Depeche mode
The LA's
After that I couldn't care .

Last edited:

Grendel

Had a conversation recently with a fellow music fan. He said the best British bands in his opinion came in the decades from the sixties up to the nineties, and then stopped. So this got me thinking about my " favourite" British bands from those decades. Breaking it down to top 6 in each category here's mine.
60's. Beatles- Stones- The Who- The Kinks- Small Faces- Cream.
70's. Deep Purple - Black Sabbath - Led Zeppelin- Queen-Hawkwind- Genesis.
80's. U2- Simple Minds- Big Country- Iron Maiden- Motorhead - Tears For Fears.
90's. Radiohead - Oasis - Manic Street Preachers- Stereophonics- The Verve- The Charlatans.
Not easy choosing six bands, as many bands carried on through all the decades. Pink Floyd for instance !
Just British bands ! 🎸🎤🎸

4 of your 70’s bands are from the 60’s!

olderskyblue

60's. Beatles - Stones - Free - Small Faces- Black Sabbath - Led Zeppelin . (Honorable mention: Taste, but they're Irish)
70's. Roxy Music - Queen - Bad Company - Bowie - T-Rex. (Honorable mention: Captain Beefheart & ZZ Top, American)
80's. U2 - ELO - Specials - Elvis Costello - The Cure - OMD.
90's. Radiohead - Oasis - The Verve - Stereophonics - Feeder - Pulp.

skyblue1991

If you can call them a band rather than group then include:

80s: Pet Shop Boys
90s: Prodigy

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

It’sabatch87

60’s Manfred Mann,The Who,Stones,Small Faces
70’s Slade,ELO,Sex Pistols,The Clash,The Damned,The Specials,Tubeway army,10cc,Ian Dury and the blockheads,The Jam
80’s Madness,Simple Minds,Stone Roses,Transvision Vamp,Adam and the ants
90’s The Charlatans,Oasis,Blur,The Verve.

Last edited:

clint van damme

60’s Manfred Mann,The Who,Stones,Small Faces
70’s Slade,ELO,Sex Pistols,The Clash,The Damned,The Specials,Tubeway army,10cc,Ian Dury and the blockheads
80’s Madness,Simple Minds,Stone Roses,Transvision Vamp,Adam and the ants
90’s The Charlatans,Oasis,Blur,The Verve.

that's an interesting list, some unexpected selections, thinking particularly Transvision vamp and Adam and the ants.

It’sabatch87

that's an interesting list, some unexpected selections, thinking particularly Transvision vamp and Adam and the ants.
Saw Transvision vamp live twice at Aston Villa leisure centre they were great live and I had a soft spot for Wendy James🤪👍
Adam and the Ants probably made one of my fav albums Kings of the wild frontier!!

Covkid1968#

Love my mod music from the Small faces to The Jam... but the 90s was fricking awesome. Feel sorry for the kids these days. Special mention to that period 77 to 82.... Pistols... Jam.... the whole 2tone movement.

clint van damme

Saw Transvision vamp live twice at Aston Villa leisure centre they were great live and I had a soft spot for Wendy James🤪👍
Adam and the Ants probably made one of my fav albums Kings of the wild frontier!!

She was certainly an attractive lady!
Saw Adam and the Ants at a festival a few years ago. Afternoon slot, sun was shining- it was great!

wingy

I've been Massively getting into prog and psychodelia through the pandemic .
Procal Harem ,Brian Auger and the trinity with Julie Driscoll have some great material on YT .
Sure there's more will come to me when I'm not so tired but they were humongous at the forefront of the movement IMO.

Covkid1968#

I've been Massively getting into prog and psychodelia through the pandemic .
Procal Harem ,Brian Auger and the trinity with Julie Driscoll have some great material on YT .
Sure there's more will come to me when I'm not so tired but they were humongous at the forefront of the movement IMO.
I rarely try new or different music!!! I’m still stuck with a group of bands I’ve always loved. Maybe I need to look at some different genre/stuff to see if it can add something to my music taste. I’ll have a look at who you have mentioned as a starting point 😎

Amcoventry

Had a conversation recently with a fellow music fan. He said the best British bands in his opinion came in the decades from the sixties up to the nineties, and then stopped. So this got me thinking about my " favourite" British bands from those decades. Breaking it down to top 6 in each category here's mine.
60's. Beatles- Stones- The Who- The Kinks- Small Faces- Cream.
70's. Deep Purple - Black Sabbath - Led Zeppelin- Queen-Hawkwind- Genesis.
80's. U2- Simple Minds- Big Country- Iron Maiden- Motorhead - Tears For Fears.
90's. Radiohead - Oasis - Manic Street Preachers- Stereophonics- The Verve- The Charlatans.
Not easy choosing six bands, as many bands carried on through all the decades. Pink Floyd for instance !
Just British bands ! 🎸🎤🎸

I would add in there Jethro Tull, Uriah Heep, Dire Straits, Animals, Cure, Status Quo

Users who are viewing this thread