Top away attendance again (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

We sold 400 before the burton game .
Not sure of the allocation but assume we will take well over 1000

Evo1883

Bradford city have 18000 ST holders apparantly .
They took 500 less than us on a similar trip to barnsley the week we played walsall.
They took 200 less than us again to a shorter distance game on a saturday this week .
Thats poor from them tbh

SlowerThanPlatt

They took 500 less than us on a similar trip to barnsley the week we played walsall.
They took 200 less than us again to a shorter distance game on a saturday this week .
Thats poor from them tbh
But the 18,000 ST isn't going to improve away support. Like for example Brighton get 25,000 at home yet away support is nowhere near Leeds or Shef Wed. Bradford's normal support in this league before cheap tickets was 5-8,000 and now they've suddenly out of nowhere got another 10-13,000 turning up, they most likely aren't home-away fans.

pusbccfc

But the 18,000 ST isn't going to improve away support. Like for example Brighton get 25,000 at home yet away support is nowhere near Leeds or Shef Wed. Bradford's normal support in this league before cheap tickets was 5-8,000 and now they've suddenly out of nowhere got another 10-13,000 turning up, they most likely aren't home-away fans.

MK got over 9000 on many occasions last season and only managed 300 odd away each week.

Lots of clubs are the same. Coventry however are the opposite, usually quite average home crowds but a great away following.

Sky Blue Harry H

MK got over 9000 on many occasions last season and only managed 300 odd away each week.

Lots of clubs are the same. Coventry however are the opposite, usually quite average home crowds but a great away following.

To be fair, when MK got over 9,000 there was usually a sizeable away support included in the figure (SBA included);)

simonregis

in some ways our away following looks good but in others it's not as good as people think. NOPM guys have always said they will goto away games but not home and for me ever since I was alad of 12 I have always prefered to attend away games rather than go to home games and sit behind moaners. For me if you calculate our usual attendance and then the size of the Ricoh attendance we should in fact be getting around 3000 away fans.

theferret

in some ways our away following looks good but in others it's not as good as people think. NOPM guys have always said they will goto away games but not home and for me ever since I was alad of 12 I have always prefered to attend away games rather than go to home games and sit behind moaners. For me if you calculate our usual attendance and then the size of the Ricoh attendance we should in fact be getting around 3000 away fans.

Eh? An average of 3000 would make us the best supported club away from home in the football league (and probably the PL). Leeds topped the away fans table last season with an average of 2700. In our division Bristol City could only get 1300 in a promotion season, and Sheff Utd got 1600 despite getting double our average home gate last season. 3000 is ridiculous. If we do well this season we'll perhaps get 1600-1700 average which will be very decent and put us ahead of most Championship clubs.

Cranfield Sky Blue

Thats poor from them tbh

i spend a bit of work time in Bradford. The 18,000 figure includes a card that guarantees you a seat, and you pay for them as you want to attend games. So the figures will get a bit messed up. It would be interesting to see what happens if they have a slump, and play Crewe on a wet night in December.

SlowerThanPlatt

So Brighton should be getting 6,000 away fans? They get 25,000 at home.

rd45

Very few clubs - I'm looking at you, MK Dons - would ever allocate that number of away tickets.

trick2

off topic slightly but what do you think the changes are of 2 non season ticket holders getting a ticket for the fleetwood game october 10th? i think they only have 800 odd away tickets. thanks

SlowerThanPlatt

off topic slightly but what do you think the changes are of 2 non season ticket holders getting a ticket for the fleetwood game october 10th? i think they only have 800 odd away tickets. thanks
I think you get more than that. However they are charging Bradford £25 for adults and £20 for U18s and U16's £17..because they know they'll most likely sell out as it's a short and 'attractive' trip. I'd imagine they will do the same for us, it's a bit of a twatish move but they need money.

pw362

I think you get more than that. However they are charging Bradford £25 for adults and £20 for U18s and U16's £17..because they know they'll most likely sell out as it's a short and 'attractive' trip. I'd imagine they will do the same for us, it's a bit of a twatish move but they need money.

830 terrace plus 300 seats with more available if requested. To be fair the prices are the same for home fans

Users who are viewing this thread