Top 8 budget (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

Evo1883

Thought the budget was based off this seasons revenue ?
Trophy win aswell to add to the funds , imho there is absolutely no excuse to not hit top 7 next season , none whatsoever

Sky Blue Kid

There were four sets of Financial Fair Play rules in place.(from 2016/17, the Championship and Premier League merged)

• UEFA competitons (for all clubs wishing to take part in the Champions League and Europa League)
  • The Premier League (from 2013/14)
  • The Championship (with punishments from 2013/14)
  • Leagues 1 and 2
The 2015/2016 rules were as follows:
summary%20rules.jpg.opt860x568o0%2C0s860x568.jpg

Astute

imho, there is no excuse to be bottom of league one, none whatsoever
Nobody is looking for an excuse. But most are looking for someone to blame.

I don't blame finances this season. We didn't have the lowest budget. But we did have a few people who were at fault.

sylus

top 8 budget,what in league 2..should be top,not top 8...but what they actually mean is middle to lower budget..after they have sold what they can

fernandopartridge

There were four sets of Financial Fair Play rules in place.(from 2016/17, the Championship and Premier League merged)

• UEFA competitons (for all clubs wishing to take part in the Champions League and Europa League)
  • The Premier League (from 2013/14)
  • The Championship (with punishments from 2013/14)
  • Leagues 1 and 2
The 2015/2016 rules were as follows:
summary%20rules.jpg.opt860x568o0%2C0s860x568.jpg
Look at those rules, no wonder the game is fucked.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Brylowes

Or we paid a lot to bring in a single player that was going to solve all our problems like Yakubu.....
Not only that, but we bought him in when relegation was already a near certainty.

People tend to talk about budgets in a "first to bottom" context with scant regard
For how far that budget has to go, every year our budget has to stretch to build
The basis of a new team, which isn't really possible.
Next season we will go up against teams with similar budgets to ours, but they
Will have the job of adding a few players to already settled squads, when were
We last able to do that.
Let's just hope Mark Robins truly is a miracle worker, because that's what we are
Relying on.

singers_pore

Given that SISU's number one priority is to remain cash flow neutral I very much doubt they have even set a budget yet because they even won't know how much cash will come in from ST sales.

Hence, TF's statement about having the 8th largest budget is complete and utter bullshit.

Gazolba

What Fisher means is that his salary better be in the top 8.

Randeep94

Realistically what do you do to fill those seats? Look at this weekend, just won the cup, legends day, glorious sunshine and a tenner to get in and barely any increase in attendance.

First thing would be to replace Fisher and get someone in who knows how to do a proper job, and then start to make some proper signings.

RegTheDonk

Realistically what do you do to fill those seats? Look at this weekend, just won the cup, legends day, glorious sunshine and a tenner to get in and barely any increase in attendance.
To the general public, even fans who don't really bother these days, the season was already over. Sucess is the only thing that will fill those seats Chief, IMHO. We won't get thousands flooding back if SISU went, people will only come and watch if we're actually doing well. 43K+ at Wembley, to see us actually achieve something, is a bit different to non hard core fans who would get a nice day out with yesterdays heros .... but an unfortunately meaningless game in the grand scale of things. Its fickle I know, and upsetting to all of us, but that's the sad reality.

shmmeee

So we pay 100k on rent and make 75k on F&B. So that's 25k. Still not looking like a top 1 budget from where I'm sitting! More fans yes but we won't make (like most teams) 100% of F&B, parking, conferences.
Since when did being a 'big spender' guarantee promotion/championship status anyway? Just look at Man City! Derby last season spent millions, QPR year on year throw money at a team the never gets promoted! How long have Sheff Utd been in League 1 and have had one of if not the biggest budget of the league. Finished below us last season with at least double the budget!
People put so much emphasis on the budget!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Budget is the variable that has the biggest single impact. There's a reason the rich clubs are at the top of the pyramid and the poor ones are at the bottom. You set your operating parameters with the budget. You get rare cases where teams massively over or under perform by their budget, but that's as much as plan as buying a weekly lottery ticket is a plan for getting a job.

Our income will be ahead of other teams in the division, I don't give a fuck if we force people to bring their own sandwiches and park in town.

Grendel

Budget is the variable that has the biggest single impact. There's a reason the rich clubs are at the top of the pyramid and the poor ones are at the bottom. You set your operating parameters with the budget. You get rare cases where teams massively over or under perform by their budget, but that's as much as plan as buying a weekly lottery ticket is a plan for getting a job.

Our income will be ahead of other teams in the division, I don't give a fuck if we force people to bring their own sandwiches and park in town.

Budgets are irrelevant - its what you spend to that budget that actually matters

Nick

Administrator
So we pay 100k on rent and make 75k on F&B. So that's 25k. Still not looking like a top 1 budget from where I'm sitting! More fans yes but we won't make (like most teams) 100% of F&B, parking, conferences.
Since when did being a 'big spender' guarantee promotion/championship status anyway? Just look at Man City! Derby last season spent millions, QPR year on year throw money at a team the never gets promoted! How long have Sheff Utd been in League 1 and have had one of if not the biggest budget of the league. Finished below us last season with at least double the budget!
People put so much emphasis on the budget!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
And match day costs....

wingy

top 8 budget,what in league 2..should be top,not top 8...but what they actually mean is middle to lower budget..after they have sold what they can
Venus told the SCG £2.1M
It has been speculated on here around £1.7-£1.8M, which I think in February will be confirmed.

chiefdave

Like every other club
Except its not like very other club. Its not a fixed fee every club pays. Our 'matchday costs' (i.e.: everything we have to pay ACL for not covered by the rent) are huge compared to other clubs and any chance they get to turn the screw they take it.

One recent example is all that extra hassle you get going into the ground, the matchday costs have increased to pay ACL for that.

The matchday costs take the net figure to over £.5m to play at the Ricoh. How many other L1/L2 clubs are paying that out?

Captain Dart

Except its not like very other club. Its not a fixed fee every club pays. Our 'matchday costs' (i.e.: everything we have to pay ACL for not covered by the rent) are huge compared to other clubs and any chance they get to turn the screw they take it.

One recent example is all that extra hassle you get going into the ground, the matchday costs have increased to pay ACL for that.

The matchday costs take the net figure to over £.5m to play at the Ricoh. How many other L1/L2 clubs are paying that out?

Have you got any figures to compare with, I had a look at Walsall and their accounts state £400K for gound & car park rent.
That rent includes training ground but wouldn't include paying for stuff like floodlights and groundsmen. So it is looking reasonably comparable.

One issue that Fisher complains about particularly is that hiring boxes for matchday entertainment is expensive but at the end of the day the business got themselves into that state by bad management. The club needs new management this shower will not revive the club.

sylus

what is the use of a top 8 budget,let say we finish 8th,where does that get us,nowhere just outside playoff's with nothing to show.

Grendel

Have you got any figures to compare with, I had a look at Walsall and their accounts state £400K for gound & car park rent.
That rent includes training ground but wouldn't include paying for stuff like floodlights and groundsmen. So it is looking reasonably comparable.

One issue that Fisher complains about particularly is that hiring boxes for matchday entertainment is expensive but at the end of the day the business got themselves into that state by bad management. The club needs new management this shower will not revive the club.

Walsall are allowed to retain all revenues from the stadium which easily exceeds that - hardly the best example of a great ownership model either.

torchomatic

what is the use of a top 8 budget,let say we finish 8th,where does that get us,nowhere just outside playoff's with nothing to show.

If we sold 7/8K season tickets then we would have a bigger budget. Chicken, egg, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread